Classic Rock: Kiss And Alice

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Classic Rock: Kiss And Alice

Post by Si » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:47 am

Congrats to Danno for getting a question for Kiss in the latest issue of Classic Rock magazine.

Check out Gene's comment. Could be a little double edged, but linda shows due respect.

----

Who should be first in the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame? (Dannorama)

Stanley: I don't really think it maters. Becaue the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, quite honestly, is the emperor's new cloths. It's convincing people that's something is there that isn`t. It's smoke and mirrors. The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame sounds very official but in fact it's just a few people who have registered a name and decided who's in and who's out. So.... who cares? If we get in we would accept, gladly, because we have fans to whom it means a lot. For that reason we would do it. But to give the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame so much credibility is only based on the name sounding like it means something. And it means nothing.

Simmons: I think Alice should be first. Because when Alice came along it was a game-changer. We must give him his due. He may not mean as much now, but at the time he was The Man. So riveting that Raquel Welch tried for years to **** him and he wouldn`t do it.

Baz
Gaye Blade
Gaye Blade

Re: Classic Rock: Kiss And Alice

Post by Baz » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:31 am

Paul beat about the bush a bit without giving an answer, but I supose his comments about the Hall Of Shame mirrors what a lot of what gets said on this site.

To be honest, I thought they were already in.
I`m one of the `Over 50`s `.

Jumping Jack
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Jumping Jack » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:50 am

At 69 Raquel is still sizzling hot!!!
Caffeine! Caffeine!
Amphetamine
A little speed is all I need
Caffeine! Caffeine!

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:45 pm

Cool! Thanks, Si. Once again, I learned it here first!

I like both answers. It's good to hear some perspective from the players themselves.
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

suziginajackson
Killer
Killer

Post by suziginajackson » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:27 pm

Was there ever really any serious animosity between Alice and Kiss, or was it just something that was invented by the Rock press? I.e, there was two acts who were performing the same kind of theatrical rock, and therefore there has to be hated between the two

Don't forget that it was the British media that created the general perception of what punk is. In the early days, all that the original punk bands (as we known punk now), such as the Ramones and the Sex Pistols, stood for was...be yourself, have fun and don't follow others. It took the British press to change this into the spitting, swearing, offensive music that punk is now known as. This changed the second generation of punk bands (i.e Stiff Little Fingers, The Boomtown Rats, the two-tone bands) and by the time we get to the third generation of bands (i.e the 'oi' groups and the Nation Front followers), punk had totally changed from what it originally stood for...all because of media intervention

Fans thought that they HAD to 'gob' at the bands, and go out fighting hippies and mods etc because the media told then that this is how punks behaved
People try to put us down
Just because we get around

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:24 pm

A great question IMO so well done.

I really like Simmons' reply...magnaminous re Alice and no ego getting in the way...but just as Alice is IMO, Simmons is a very intelligent man (although I'm not keen on Kiss).

It would be good if Alice was inducted one year and then could play a part in ceremony for KISS the next year. IMO Paul Stanley is correct what he says about R and R Hall but most rock stars like awards so I'm thinking Paul would like to be in for himself as well as the fans.
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:02 pm

Good on ya, Danno. :clap:

And good on Gene for saying about Alice: "we must give him his due". I think Paul's comment about the hall of shame is bang on.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

andyrushworth
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by andyrushworth » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:03 pm

If I remember correctly Bowie couldn't even be bothered to turn up ? I think Madonna turned up on his behalf !

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:33 pm

>Was there ever really any serious animosity between Alice and Kiss,

No.

>there was two acts who were performing the same kind of theatrical rock, and therefore there has to be hated between the two

Actually, the styles were very different.

Baz
Gaye Blade
Gaye Blade

Post by Baz » Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:00 pm

Where Alice show was based on theatrics, Kiss` was more of flash bomb fever, something which I can`t ever remembering AC use.
I`m one of the `Over 50`s `.

daytripper
Dada God
Dada God

Post by daytripper » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:02 pm

:clap: Hooray for Danno.

Im just happy to hear them say these things. :blush:
I feel the same way...about the Hall of shame and who was first in this SOUP.
I have a new respect for the two. I enjoy a little KISS....but not my cup of tea. ;)
* for being a brat, refusing to act your age*
* http://www.myspace.com/daytripper63 *

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:13 pm

That's typical Gene speak.... compliment somebody while sneaking in a dig at the same time.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

MacQueen
Killer
Killer

Post by MacQueen » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:52 pm

I definitely didn't like the comment about Alice not meaning much nowadays when in certain circles the same can be said for Kiss. :evil:

mattcoddington
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mattcoddington » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:26 pm

MacQueen wrote:I definitely didn't like the comment about Alice not meaning much nowadays
well, it's completely true.
MacQueen wrote:when in certain circles the same can be said for Kiss. :evil:
they are more relevant than alice right now. especially gene himself. kiss still sells more albums, concert tickets and merch.

mattcoddington
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mattcoddington » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:27 pm

Baz wrote:Where Alice show was based on theatrics, Kiss` was more of flash bomb fever, something which I can`t ever remembering AC use.
so.... flash pots aren't considered theatrics to you?

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:19 pm

Re Gene's comments I took it to mean that Alice may not mean as much now as he did as in his heyday..which may be fair comment re Alice and many others.. but Gene does say that at one time he was The Man..whihc to my eyes is fullsome praise...don't think he is trying to be derogatory with this comment...the bit re Raquel Squwelch is just v funny IMO
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

ElectedPlus
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by ElectedPlus » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:34 pm

He's made his impact years ago, but doesn't need to keep doing so to keep his worth. So I don't consider it much of an offence when recognising that he's no longer such an influential figure in the music scene as he once was (nor should he be). People move on and get over what was once a huge impact ... the real value in his work was and still is good entertainment.

Somwhere In Auckland
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Somwhere In Auckland » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:29 pm

Rich comming from Gene saying Alice may not mean much now, KISS havnt meant anything since the mid 80s,

Atleast Alice is still relevent in the music scene, (currently writing his 6th album since 2000)

while KISS have just made there first in 10 years and keep touring the same set over and over, just lame Gene :nono: