Positive effect of tension between original band & B Ezrin?

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Positive effect of tension between original band & B Ezrin?

Post by recoop » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:05 pm

I've been listening to BDB today and comparing that to some later Alice solo stuff like Go to Hell and Lace and Whiskey. I am beginning to feel that the original band and Ezrin kept each other in check somehow..Band might come up with original pieces of music which Bob added to and shaped..whilst Band prevented Bob going in overblown directions..Its just a feeling and perhaps a little difficult to put my finger on but I couldn't have seen the original band being happy playing the music on I'm Always chasing Rainbows or My god etc etc..Also I liked the space the orig band seemed to me to leave between the notes..and although I like tracks like Go to Hell, it seems over produced for my liking..of course this is a question of taste..wonder what others feel.
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Re: Positive effect of tension between original band & B Ezrin?

Post by Shoesalesman » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:45 am

On Prime Cuts it was mentioned that the "push and pull" between Michael Bruce (for example) and Bob Ezrin helped create the ACG sound.

Alice, also on the video, mentioned that the band had 'something' and Bob Ezrin had this "unknown" element that completed the puzzle.

Don't quote me on the exact words used on the video but the gist is there.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

Malchik
Killer
Killer

Re: Positive effect of tension between original band & B Ezrin?

Post by Malchik » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:12 am

Bob Ezrin is a producer that not only prepares a bands music but also contributes to it. Every project he's worked on sounds a little different then a bands previous work.

AC had all the attitude in EA but once Bob came to the picture we got the classic ACG.