Greenie
Killer
Killer

Re: Ernie Cefalu

Post by Greenie » Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:45 pm

Thanks, ERNIE.

Yours truly,

GREENIE
Today, the pond... Tomorrow, the woooorld!

Ernie Cefalu
Killer
Killer

Post by Ernie Cefalu » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:37 pm

"Well It's That Time Again"

I hope that your not gonna want to miss tonight's flagship "Now & Then" Show with Ted and Ernie. We will be discussing the concept and meaning behind our "NO BULLSHIT" radio positioning along with when it's correct to "CALL BULLSHIT and when not!

We will also be taking a behind the scenes look at the Burton Cumming's "Woman Love" Album, Alice Cooper's new box set "Old School" and talking with a "Very Special Guest" on tonight's show, and the iconic cover we worked on together. All in all it should be quite an evening of friendship, good talk and great music, so please join us at 5:00 West Coast time at this link, thank you and we will look for you then & there!

http://www.krykey.com/Radio/PRSPage.aspx?id=4513

Ernie Cefalu
Killer
Killer

Post by Ernie Cefalu » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:11 pm

"With A Little Help From My Friends"

Hey guys, guess what, I was just made aware of the same "Top Tens" site that you all were so instrumental in assuring that Pacific Eye & Ear was at the top of the list, in less that 24 hours (by a 20%share lead) now has a "Top Tens" Best Album Cover Designer."

My friend that sent me the new list had me put on it and because I'm late to the party I'm number setting at the 42. So please do me a favor and once again take a minute and vote for your favorites, and seriously it doesn't have to be me, because I am confident that once the cards are on the table the truth will be told. Thank you once again - Ernie

P.S. Here is the link: http://www.the-top-tens.com/lists/best- ... igners.asp

Ernie Cefalu
Killer
Killer

Post by Ernie Cefalu » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:57 am

"I JUST WANTED TO SAY THANK YOU!"

It's so awesome and appreciated that you believe in me, my work and Pacific Eye & Ear enough to greatly effect change. Each one of you out there is responsible and able as a group to make a difference and effect an outcome.

Like I said on tonight's show "we all get so tired of not being able to effect change, or do anything about it, but as a group we can move mountains. As proof positive that what I am saying is true just look what you have done.

You have put me on a "Top Ten's" Best Album Cover Designer" list that I wasn't on before at #42, then within5 hours time you have jettison me into the #3 position, now that's what I call amazing!

To me that says loud and clear..."We're Calling Bullshit" and were setting the record straight!" For that and all of it, I want to say THANK YOU. - Ernie

P.S. Thank you for tuning in tonight and we'll see you next Monday night, same time same place.

Ernie Cefalu
Killer
Killer

Post by Ernie Cefalu » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:17 pm

"The Great Alice Cooper Questions Continue!"

Happy Mimoral Day Lee, and thanks for reaching out to me regarding one of my all time favorite subjects... Alice Cooper!

On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 5:57 PM, Lee wrote:

And to you, we all enjoy a good holiday!! Glad to hear you enjoy Alice so much, and thanks for the response ;-)

Same to you Lee, and I am having a great one.

Let me start with your last question first, Yes the full color version of the Medusa Head is an "Original Piece" that we are offering, like all my "Original Signed Art," >prints as well as the "Originals!"

>So how much do you sell the art prints for?

If you go to this link it will show you some samples of the type prints I offer and their price ranges. All my pieces will be based on these first few. I hope that helps

http://sites.google.com/site/originalal ... -cover-art

The Medusa Head logo illustrated by Joe Garnet, was originally designed for the "Alice At The Palace"
Broadway Production. The Medusa Head is only one of three pieces that make up the over all poster.
The poster has an awesome Ingrid Hanke (Areosmiths "Toys In The Attic" cover artist) border and some
cool lettering that I designed. The actual poster was never produced because the show never happened,
The Palace Theatre backed out after they had realized just who Alice Cooper was!

>Such a shame this never happened. Everything I have read about this event, it would have been an earth shattering event. The BDB tour was groundbreaking, but this seemed even more ahead of its time. These days though it seems even the magnitude of the Billion Dollar Babies tour is forgotten. I've only every seen footage of these early tours, but I don't think BDB has ever been rivaled ;-) Rock historians/media should be ashamed of themselves for letting history forget its significance.

I so agree, as the production itself was unbelieveably great! Joe Gannon was directing and we created and built two Medusa Head gear complete with moving snakes and flashing eyes! Alice was to ware one during the performance.

The Medusa Head was the only piece that saw the light of day, in Time Magazine Black & >white, full color patches and a one color version on the billion dollar pull out bill in the "Billion Dollar Babies" album.

>I actually have the patch of the Medusa Head. Such cool imagery. It was used on a Japanese single too - for Teenage Lament '74. I've attached a copy for you to check out...

That's cool, I have several of them myself. I also have something I bet you have never seen, it's three Sterling Silver Medusa Head Belt buckles. We only made fifty and each one was numbered. On the front was Alice and the snakes the back was a vagina with a snake tale laying in it.

The snake's head is raised at the other end, and become's the latch to the belt. They are pieces of art that I had commissioned a sculpter that I went to art school with, to create them.

That being said we have for the "first time ever" assembled all the elements and will
be offering full color "Prints From The Original" posters, that I would be remiss if I didn't tell you
they are AWESOME LOOKING!

>Sounds very cool! Any chance you could give me a sample image of the final poster? I'm not sure if your prints would be in my price range, but I'd definitely be interested in finding out just how much they'd be. Alice must be an artists dream come true... there are just so many pieces to the character of Alice!

What kind of run did you do on the prints? I'd also happily do some kind of feature in the news page on my site advertising the prints if you let me have some of the images to use in order to do that - don't have to be large or anything like that. You might get a little bit of traffic from this ;-)

As for the numbered/signed prints I am working that out as we speak. We are speaking right now to 5 seperate sites the prints will be offered on. As for the digital prints they are not signed or numbered but do come with a "Letter Of Authenticity." I will see what I can supply you with to put on your site, and after viewing your site and reading your Emails, I feel certain that you are truly a fan, as well as a good person.

I still own the Pacific Eye & Ear name and all the art work for the prints, Alice's Album, Burton Cummings
New Album "Above The Ground" our "Drew Struzan Book" featuring over 70 pieces, many which are
never seen before corporate pieces, and all other OACA Projects are being worked on by myself and
three other Pacific Eye & Ear people.

I saw there was a "The Golden Age Of Custom Album Packaging" Alice Cooper Kindle book on Amazon, which sounded like I need to pick it up. ;-)

I have Eight "Back Stories" on amazon.com but don't buy them because I will send them to you but only if you wish to read them. There are two on Alice, so please let me know and I will send then right along.

There hasn't been a big buy in for Alice for a long time. The last album release (Along Came A Spider) had some very good/supportive people working for him. This was a first in a long time. It sounds like you guys had a good relationship, and it'll be great to see that relationship revived. I know there isn't as much importance on packaging and sleeve design these days - heck the product is so small in most cases - vinyl is making a return though!! - it'll be nice to have some people who know it's importance once more ;-)

>So how did you get hooked up with the Alice camp originally, was it by coincidence by working for Wilkes & Braun? The first project was School's Out, or did you know the guys before this? Such great packaging, it was carved in a real desk wasn't it? I remember the desk being on tour/show at some point somewhere. Were the panties part of your concept, or were they added later? They've always seemed such an odd item in the mix, but work so well - although a bitch to get in the package when putting it away ;-)

No, I was the Creative Director with Craig Braun in New York and was being sent out to Los Angeles to open his West Coast office. I had already started working on the school desk concept there, knowing his manager was going to be in LA as well. So I designed it, built a working comp, and as soon as I got to LA, made a "cold call" and an appoitment with Shep Gordon Alice's manager by telling him that I had a "KILLER" cover idea for Alices new album "School's Out" and he agreed to meet with me.

All this happened a month and a half before I quit Craig Braun and started Pacific Eye & Ear. But because I had been working for Craig I could not take that
package with me to finish. It stayed with Craig and within two weeks of me leaving Craig formed Wilkes Braun and that only lasted about 6 months and Tom
Wilkes quit!

But Tom and Craig took all the credit for that album Cheech & Chong's "Big Bambu," and Grand Funk Railroad's "E pluris Funk" albums, all of which I designed!

Thank you so much for your interest and great questions. - Ernie

Thanks for taking the time to respond, perhaps you can keep me updated with your progress as things move forward. Obviously I know you can't let me see your work, but I'd be interested to hear how far along you are and such details as and when you are able/have time. Hearing the progress of a masterpiece of modern day album art would be seriously interesting!!! ;-)

I will do what I am allowed to release, and I will try to make it timely as I am permitted to.

>Take care, Lee

Ernie Cefalu
Killer
Killer

Post by Ernie Cefalu » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:21 pm

If you are a Alice Cooper, Rob Zombie or Madonna Fan...

you won't want to miss tonight's "Special Guest" so be sure to tune in at 5:00 P.M. West Coast time to:

The Phoenix Radio Network
http://www.krykey.com/Radio/PRSPage.aspx?id=4513
The Phoenix Network
http://www.krykey.com

KryKey Internet Radio listen to web radio stations or create your own personal radio station to broadcast on the internet
The Phoenix Network
http://www.krykey.com

KryKey Internet Radio listen to web radio stations or create your own personal radio station to broadcast on the internet

Be there because you don't want to hear about it from your friends. Thank you - Ernie

Ernie Cefalu
Killer
Killer

Post by Ernie Cefalu » Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:02 am

"THIS REALLY BLOWS MY MIND"

This is a Pacific Eye & Ear project from 1974. Drew Struzan, Bill Garland and I hand painted the first prototype it took us 1 week and they bought 12 more. - Ernie http://goo.gl/ZgHlG

“Come Ride With Us” On The Rolling Submarines Of Los Angeles: SCRTD’s 1974 “Street Fleet” Beach Bus.
metroprimaryresources.info
Memorial Day has come and gone, and while the weather this week doesn’t make it feel like Summer. Thank you - Erni
e

Ernie Cefalu
Killer
Killer

Post by Ernie Cefalu » Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:16 pm

Message subject: Re: Greatest Hits Artwork Question
Folder: Outbox
I will be posting lots of never seen, never used Alice images and art on my facebook pages: Ernie Cefalu or Original Album Cover Art. If your a fan you won't want to be hearing about it fron a friend! Thank you - Ernie
Sent: Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:15 pm
View message

Ernie Cefalu

Message subject: Re: Greatest Hits Artwork Question
Folder: Outbox
"ALICE COOPER'S "OLD SCHOOL" AND SO MUCH MORE!!"

Because of the limited number of packages released then quickly gobbled up by his hard core fans, I have received a ton of Email requests to talk about the new Alice Cooper "Old School" Box Set that I just completed a few months ago.

So, that will be one of the album cover/packages that we will be discussing on Monday nights show. For those of you that are not what the package looks like here's a link that will bring you a bit more up to speed:

http://www.sickthingsuk.co.uk/photos/ErnieCefalu.php

Also there will be a "Very Special Guest" stopping bye, to fill us in on what's been going on as well as talking about one of my biggest covers and our working on it together.

As promised we will also be giving out the first two clues to winning a numbered and signed piece from over 250 pieces in the OriginAlbumCoverArt.Com Collection.

All in all, its gonna be one of those shows that you aren't going to want to hear about from all your friends so tune in, turn on and check us out! Thank you - Ernie

http://www.sickthingsuk.co.uk/photos/Er ... u.phpalong
www.sickthingsuk.co.uk

Mr.Bluelegs
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Mr.Bluelegs » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:14 am

Hey Ernie,
Just wanted to acknowledge your supreme talent as an artist & the success you've achieved through your gift. A curious question- Which is your favorite Alice LP (musically) and why?