Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Ernie Cefalu
Killer
Killer

Re: Ernie Cefalu

Post by Ernie Cefalu » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:37 am

"Hello WickedYoungMan"

Always great to hear from you as well. So sorry that it has taken me quite some time to respond to your last comment, I have been super busy not only Alice's new album but 9 other projects as well! It really takes up all my time and interacting on the internet is a real time thief! I am so glad that you liked my Struzan story, I really enjoyed writing it. - Ernie

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:18 pm

Ernie Cefalu wrote:"Hello steven_crayn"

When I stop for a moment and focus on the music I have heard, the professional level of all the people involved and the art that we are creating that your feelings are well fueled... in the truth! - Ernie
I'm with you Ernie I have the faith that this will be a renaissance album for Alice Cooper because of who are involved and the fact that a sequel to such a masterpiece to Welcome To My Nightmare just will not be allowed to be anything else but a classic in it's own right.
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:27 pm

steven_crayn wrote:

When I stop for a moment and focus on the music I have heard, the professional level of all the people involved and the art that we are creating that your feelings are well fueled... in the truth! - Ernie
I'm with you Ernie I have the faith that this will be a renaissance album for Alice Cooper because of who are involved and the fact that a sequel to such a masterpiece to Welcome To My Nightmare just will not be allowed to be anything else but a classic in it's own right.
Jeez Steven I hope you are not disappointed by your high expectations.

Ernie Cefalu
Killer
Killer

Post by Ernie Cefalu » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:27 am

To Pitkin88, Oh ye of little faith!
I assure you steven, it is going to be a great album... music and cover!- Ernie

Pitta
Killer
Killer

Post by Pitta » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:42 am

Hi Ernie :)

Can't wait to see your great new cover :) :rock:
It's very hard to be patient this time :)
Where's my make-up, where's my face ?

Ernie Cefalu
Killer
Killer

Post by Ernie Cefalu » Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:34 am

"Hello Pitta..."
and thank you for your "cover vote of confidence" just like the music, I feel certain that this cover will not only meet, but exceed all expectations! - Ernie

steven15322
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by steven15322 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:05 am

Hi Earnie
When do you think we may get to view the cover? :)
Before you burn your mark on me
I'll carve mine in your face

Ernie Cefalu
Killer
Killer

Post by Ernie Cefalu » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:11 am

"Hey steven"

All that I can say about that is, it's scheduled for an October release date and I can't divulge anything until I get the "green light" from the powers that be. Thank you for your comment. - Ernie

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:51 am

pitkin88 wrote:
steven_crayn wrote:

Jeez Steven I hope you are not disappointed by your high expectations.
my expectations are high but I have faith in the people involved in it, roll on September when the fan pack will give me the opportunity to have my faith justified a month early.
Last edited by steven_crayn on Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:00 am

Ernie Cefalu wrote:"Hey steven"

All that I can say about that is, it's scheduled for an October release date and I can't divulge anything until I get the "green light" from the powers that be. Thank you for your comment. - Ernie
can't wait to hear it early with the fan pack Ernie and looking forward to the acclaim the album will get in the lead up to and during the Australian and European tours September/October-November.

Billie1966
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Billie1966 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:04 am

Hey Ernie.. Can you list the albums you did for Alice.. wonderful job on the boxset! Dannyl :alice:
"I know their under the bed... That's where they hide"

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:21 pm

Ernie Cefalu wrote:"Hello Pitta..."
and thank you for your "cover vote of confidence" just like the music, I feel certain that this cover will not only meet, but exceed all expectations! - Ernie
Ernie, The anticipation and your great views and outlook on the new W2MN sound and cover have me knowing for sure that this album will be very very successful and a great amazing sequel that will live up to and will maybe even top the first nightmare album(hate to say that but I think it may happen) Does the new artwork have a scary,dark look to it? Cause Alice said that this Nightmare is even worse than the Nightmare aspect on the original Nightmare Album. Again the anticipation is getting to me! Thanks again for your great words and enthusasiam on the album. This new Alice album has made me more excited than I've been about any album release ever.

juancoop
Killer
Killer

Post by juancoop » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:33 am

AliceFan wrote:
Ernie Cefalu wrote:"Hello Pitta..."
Ernie, The anticipation and your great views and outlook on the new W2MN sound and cover have me knowing for sure that this album will be very very successful and a great amazing sequel that will live up to and will maybe even top the first nightmare album(hate to say that but I think it may happen) Does the new artwork have a scary,dark look to it? Cause Alice said that this Nightmare is even worse than the Nightmare aspect on the original Nightmare Album. Again the anticipation is getting to me! Thanks again for your great words and enthusasiam on the album. This new Alice album has made me more excited than I've been about any album release ever.
Im waiting a response to your post alicefan.... I really cant wait to see the cover.

Ernie Cefalu
Killer
Killer

Post by Ernie Cefalu » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:27 am

"Hello Billie 1966"

So sorry that it has taken me quite some time to respond to your request, I've been super busy working on the new "W2MN" album, and it's coming along really good. To answer your question, here are the albums that I have designed for Alice:

1. Schools Out
2. Billion Dollar Babies
3. Greatest Hits
4. Muscle Of Love
5. Welcome To My Nightmare
6. From The Inside
7. DaDa
8. Constrictor
9. Raise Your Fist And Yell
10. Old School (The Box Set)
11. Welcome 2 My Nightmare

I hope that answers your question and here's a final caveat first, the "Welcome To My Nightmare" cover was voted by Rolling Stone Magazine as one of the "Top 100 Album Covers Of All Time" and I had 4 covers in that Top 100. - Ernie

Ernie Cefalu
Killer
Killer

Post by Ernie Cefalu » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:42 am

"Good Evening jancoop"

I would first like to thank you so much for you're overwhelming vote of confidence... it is greatly appreciated. Secondly, I really cant say much about the new album until I get the nod from "The Powers That Be."

That being said, I promise that just like the "Box Set" images that we had posted here on "SICKTHINGS" we will post all the "Very Cool" ideation and images done for the new "W2MN" album.

Thanks again for your question - Ernie

Billie1966
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Billie1966 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:19 am

Awesome Ernie.. Really looking forward to the cover of Nightmare 2! Is there anything on those covers that you wish you had added after they were done.

Thanks
Danny~
"I know their under the bed... That's where they hide"

Ernie Cefalu
Killer
Killer

Post by Ernie Cefalu » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:33 am

"Hello Danny"

sorry it has taken me so long to answer your question, been really busy working with the team here and in England on Alice's new album "W2MN." The answer is yes, there is always something else that I could have done on every piece I do. Thank God for "deadlines" otherwise I'd never stop!!! Have a great weekend. - Ernie

shock rock
Killer
Killer

Post by shock rock » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:45 am

Mr Ernie.......

Just got my Box Set today,,The piece you have crafted,is a sockdolager !!!.Big time kudos to you and your team.I was really taken with the box itself,the artwork is top notch!

This bodes well for W2MN....and so on! Speaking of Nightmare 2,Alice has stated that its one of the 5 best albums he has ever done. Quite a statement.that puts it up there with the company of Love It To Death,Killer,Billion Dollar Babies and Welcome To My Nightmare.

Keep up the great work,can't wait to see W2MN surface!
You Can Take My Head And Cut It Off
But You Ain't Gonna Change My Mind

Ernie Cefalu
Killer
Killer

Post by Ernie Cefalu » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:39 am

Hey shock rock, how are you tonight? I'm up working on the "W2MN" album a chance to respond to your comment till now... so here goes.

Thank you for the very kind words regarding the new "Box Set" as I had mentioned before it was a great team of professionals each bringing a skill set that seamlessly blended together harmoniously with total respect for what each brought to the project, by the others.

As for the "W2MN" album and its music, I would say it rivals if not has the upper edge on the best album he has ever done and I've been a huge fan since 1971. - Ernie

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:58 am

Ernie Cefalu wrote:Hey shock rock, how are you tonight? I'm up working on the "W2MN" album a chance to respond to your comment till now... so here goes.

Thank you for the very kind words regarding the new "Box Set" as I had mentioned before it was a great team of professionals each bringing a skill set that seamlessly blended together harmoniously with total respect for what each brought to the project, by the others.

As for the "W2MN" album and its music, I would say it rivals if not has the upper edge on the best album he has ever done and I've been a huge fan since 1971. - Ernie
Hi Ernie, I just saw the old school box set artwork up close at my local music store and it is brilliant right up there with your other AC album covers. Also I would like to know you know the 4 songs that you said a while ago off W2MN that you have heard excluding "I'll Bite Your Face Off", What style are the songs in? Classic 70's AC sound or 70's sound with a modern edge to them? Also I heard that the standard edition of W2MN will be released on Oct 17? Is that just the date for the UK album release? Lastly I believe you unlike others when you said this album will be a return to Alice's classic sound and will please the faithful and will be the greatest album that Alice has done and that you have heard him do in years. Also can't wait to see the great cover(I know it will be!) for W2MN that you having been anticipating and creating for Alice and us fans. Thanks,Ernie.