Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Ernie Cefalu
Killer
Killer

Re: Ernie Cefalu

Post by Ernie Cefalu » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:40 am

"Hello mestreech"

Thank you for your comment and yes I totally get what you are saying, and you are right... absolutely -Ernie

Devon
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by Devon » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:47 am

Thanks for the info Ernie. Carin is from Hazmat Designs, who also designed the No More Mr. Nice Guy Tour poster (found in Billie1966's avatar, for example)

A little info, I work on the banners that are featured on the front page that advertise new releases. There are a few here and there I don't do, but I do what I can. Recently I had to give an update to the god awful Alice Cooper Store banner that was supplied from the official website for Si to use. I updated it with your logo (and no other logo works better than that one) and gave it an updated look.

Si and Jaded are headed off to the U.S. and the other day I worked for several hours on a makeshift one that we could use since the album cover wasn't available, just so we could have Amazon Pre-Order links featured prominantly. A "teaser" web banner if you will using my own artwork and themes since we had nothing to go by. I worked all night on it and gave it to Si to preview. And so while I'm in bed the album cover is released! The banner (which I hope is going up today) is mostly from my original design but I tried to make it work with the overall Nightmare theme. It isn't everything I wanted to do, and Adobe Flash is a huge learning curve for me right now, so I hope once we get more images (promo stuff) in the next few weeks we can update the banner so it's a little fancier and works more in line with the new album cover, which is what I always try to do on the new release banners.

There is no doubt a lot of work went into the album cover. I was looking at a big sized version of it on Monday and there were so many details in it here and there and I can't wait to incorporate them on an updated web banner for the news page Ernie.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:20 am

>Carin is from Hazmat Designs, who also designed the No More Mr. Nice Guy Tour poster (found in Billie1966's avatar, for example)

She is also partly responsible for some of Alice's stage clothing as well.

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:07 am

Love the new cover Ernie and Carin!! How ironic that we were just talking about that logo the other day. Glad to see it's back and looking mean! Loving all the details... Those little red spiders? Very schnazzy.

Outstanding work. BRAVO! A hundred times bravo!!

In case you haven't seen it, go here for a little more love: http://www.alicecooperpics.co.uk/Sickth ... f=2&t=6817

YOU ROCK, ERNIE! YOU ROCK TOO, CARIN!!
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:59 am

A_MichaelUK wrote:>Carin is from Hazmat Designs, who also designed the No More Mr. Nice Guy Tour poster (found in Billie1966's avatar, for example)

She is also partly responsible for some of Alice's stage clothing as well.
And the painted backdrops and the "No More Mr. Nice Guy" logo on the drum riser for this tour (I was there when she was painting them).

Hunter

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:48 pm

I finally saw the better resolution version of the cover posted here in another thread. I really like the nod to the first cover too.

Personally I am a bit puzzled by that particular outfit, but I guess that's just my personal taste. It seems a bit "out of character" when compared to the other outfits in this show.

I'm glad to know the name of the illustrator now also. I looked her up but didn't find a lot of links, I'd be curious to know more about her.

Maybe I am confusing things again but I thought that Drew Struzan was going to work on this too? Just wondering.

I like that the designer teams stayed the same since ACAS, keeping that old fashioned theme.
I really like the big curtain they made and despite not liking that particular outfit at first sight, I must say that I adore all the others, still in a Steampunk direction which is so absolutely perfect in my mind.

In Chick
Killer
Killer

Post by In Chick » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:08 pm

Congrats, Ernie. I really like it, you are a wonderful artist in drawing, just like Alice is a wonderful artist in music. Félicitations! Really like it!

Devon
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by Devon » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:38 am

Dragonlady wrote:I like that the designer teams stayed the same since ACAS, keeping that old fashioned theme.
Hazmat was not involved with ACAS.

departmentofyouth
Killer
Killer

Post by departmentofyouth » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:32 am

I'm digging the new cover, Ernie! I can see a nod to a few generations of Coop in there.

My initial impression was that Steven has been trapped in there for 36 years and is now screaming "I really gotta get outta here"! Ha Ha!

Can't wait to see it (and hear it) on vinyl...my preferred method of listening to music! :alice:
I'm a Dirt Talkin', Beer Drinkin', Woman Chasin' Ministers Son.

Ernie Cefalu
Killer
Killer

Post by Ernie Cefalu » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:16 am

"Hey james 1981"
So sorry that I didn't get to your comment last night but these last 5 weeks have been a real crash and burn time on Alice's new package... and I needed sleep!!!

This album package, by far is the most challenging album that I have ever done, and I have done 211 covers. It's mainly because of all the different needs by all the different countries, and once you see it in its entirety you will see what I mean.

Till then I am very happy that you have such strong feelings about the cover. Thank you - Ernie

Ernie Cefalu
Killer
Killer

Post by Ernie Cefalu » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:21 am

Hey Danny" I am glad that you felt so strongly about the cover that you left a comment. I really enjoy hearing both the "Good, Bad and Ugly" of the work that I and my team do... Thank you for that. - Ernie

Ernie Cefalu
Killer
Killer

Post by Ernie Cefalu » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:24 am

"Hey Steven 15322"

Certainly, this Nightmare will be one that you will remember forever!! thanks for your kind words they are greatly appreciated. - Ernie

Ernie Cefalu
Killer
Killer

Post by Ernie Cefalu » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:31 am

"Hey Devon"
I saw your banner and it looks good and to your point once you have more assets it will get even better! Is there anything that we can provide you to speed up the process? Reach out to me if there is. Thanks and keep up the good work. - Ernie

Ernie Cefalu
Killer
Killer

Post by Ernie Cefalu » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:35 am

"Hey Dannorama"

YOU ROCK!!! - Ernie

Ernie Cefalu
Killer
Killer

Post by Ernie Cefalu » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:38 am

"Hey Sickthings" thank you for further clarity and information about Carin, she is a really great artist, hard worker and a "Very Cool Lady! - Ernie

Ernie Cefalu
Killer
Killer

Post by Ernie Cefalu » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:44 am

"Hey Dragonlady"

Carin is a really current artist that really is great to work with. She has also just completed Rob Zombies latest album cover and package
. You are correct in thinking that Drew Struzan was suppose to do this cover but he is really retired from commercial art all together, today he is solely concentrating on his Fine Art career.

- Ernie

Ernie Cefalu
Killer
Killer

Post by Ernie Cefalu » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:46 am

"Hello In Chick"

thank you for your comments I am truly humbled by them and only hope that I can live up to them. - Ernie

Ernie Cefalu
Killer
Killer

Post by Ernie Cefalu » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:54 am

"Good Call departmentofyouth"

and I can assure you that you won't be disappointed when you see what we all have created. It is really a dream come true for me and the "Nod To A Few Generations Of Coop Fans" is right on! - Ernie

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:16 am

Thanks Ernie! Shame about Drew Struzan, it would have been so huge if he had agreed.
But it's also good to have new blood.

Not long before we can discover all of this, always a treat. Opening the package and browsing through the art before playing the album for the first time.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:27 pm

I've refused to pass judgement on the album cover till now as I wanted to let the overall look and feel of it sink in over the course of a few days. On reflection, I must say that I really like it. Obviously it has a nod to the original design but it also has enough substance to be considered a classic in it's own right.

I wanted a modern day Alice coming out the triangle and that is what I got :)

My congratulations to all involved!
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order