Chiller Theatre Convention

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Chiller Theatre Convention

Post by Dragonlady » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:21 pm

Make sure you tell us everything in great detail! :)
But mostly have fun!

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Dragonlady wrote:Make sure you tell us everything in great detail! :)
But mostly have fun!
I certainly will... :alice:
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:01 pm

Can't wait to hear all about it, RI. Rock on!
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:35 pm

Shoesalesman wrote:Can't wait to hear all about it, RI. Rock on!
:clap:

sammysausage76
Killer
Killer

Post by sammysausage76 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:50 am

Hey, if anyone goes tonight and has some extra time, first have fun, but could you let me know how much Alice and band charges for autographs?? I am going to go Saturday and I want to know how much cash I should bring, I know that it will be $25 to get in. Thanks!

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:34 am

Someone over on the NWAC forum is already at Chiller, and had Alice sign some things today. She said it's $40 for the autographs.

Have fun! :alice:
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

sammysausage76
Killer
Killer

Post by sammysausage76 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:17 am

Thanks!!

TonyfromNH
Killer
Killer

Post by TonyfromNH » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:36 pm

This really stinks, but in a good way I guess:

We purchased our tickets 2 months ago for Chiller and I, after a 1 year layoff, was just called back to work 2 weeks ago....the weekend shift! Being a great job for one of the biggest lighting company's in the world, I had to take it. Bitter sweet weekend for me.

I have a family member that was there last night and she said that it was $25 for signatures, now I want to know what is accurate. Some convention guests will charge for an autograph ticket and sign a few items. Feature guests indeed are most always $35 and up, so.......

Due to this years 'weak' Chiller line-up along with the economy, crowds should be down, so an Alice fan could truly capitalize on things.

I should say 'weak' other than Alice for us fan's, but to the general non-Alice fan, it is the worst celebrity line-up in years, maybe EVER for Chiller.

Oh well, think I will just do a few VIP's (for my wife and daughter) at next opportunity.
I love a waitress who loves to...flirt!

cooperkill
Trash
Trash

Post by cooperkill » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:21 am

I went on Friday night. Those of you who post on Metal Sludge (I know one of you does), already saw this:

On Friday I got to Chiller Theatre at 4 and stood on line to meet Alice (again) until 7. No big deal. I was second in a huge ass line, so I would have been waiting a long time anyway.

At seven, Alice showed up. We were told his flight was delayed, and holy shit did it appear so. Alice was SHOT. He just didn't seem "there." Two fat a**holes, one of which was his manager, let Alice sit then barked at us to get moving. The girl in front of me was waiting for a photo op, so she stepped aside. I was first to meet Alice, and he looked like he was either jet lagged or stoned on Dramamine. I would have thought drunk, but we all know that's not the case.

I flatened out a poster for him to sign, and he started writing over someone else's signature. I asked him to sign in the middle, and he did, but still crossed over another autograph. He then looked at the poster and said in a quiet daze, "That's my boy," regarding Jason Voorhees (this was a Friday the 13th poster).

I felt sad for Alice. It's as though he was picked up and dragged off to this thing with no prep time. It actually appeared as though he was rushed and bullied by the fat a**holes into getting there. Last year when I met him he was all smiles and had something to say about everything I brought. This year he appeared sheepish, because he either wasn't allowed to talk or was too wrecked from the flight.

Also, his wife was with him last year. Maybe she made the difference. I'd certainly rather have my wife beside me than angry management.

And the bastards at Chiller had him signing for $40 per autograph. Monster Mania was $30. Still a bargain compared to some celebrities who charge $100 or more. Anyway, meeting him last year was a treat. This year felt awkward, but I don't blame Alice. Everyone has off days, and this was certainly one of them.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:26 am

There seem to be a lot of assumptions in that post.
You never know what happened before Alice arrived, or how long he was stuck on a plane (poster says the plane was delayed).
The fact that he was the first to meet Alice, after he was rushed in, sounds like he had yet to even relax and get ready for it all.
As to "Angry management", again we have no idea what may have happened before the signing to make them "Angry". Maybe the convention didn't have everything prepared as expected, or maybe there was some other disagreement. We just don't know so it's a little unfair maybe to judge without knowing the facts.

TonyfromNH
Killer
Killer

Post by TonyfromNH » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:56 pm

cooperkill wrote:

And the bastards at Chiller had him signing for $40 per autograph. Monster Mania was $30. Still a bargain compared to some celebrities who charge $100 or more. Anyway, meeting him last year was a treat. This year felt awkward, but I don't blame Alice. Everyone has off days, and this was certainly one of them.
CHILLER DOES NOT set the prices, never have, never will. YOU set the prices by what you are willing to pay. Perhaps so many people at Monster Mania paid $30 that Alice's people said let's do 40. Still a 'deal' compared to most of the feature guests. Peter Criss was $50, Patrick Stewart charged $100. As you can imagine his prices were $35 by the end of this particular weekend. YOU set the prices, not Chiller. Also, a lot of guests charge for the initial autograph ticket, but will sign 2 or 3 items no problem...not always for each signature.

TonyfromNH
Killer
Killer

Post by TonyfromNH » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:04 pm

This, directly from Chiller's web site FAQ's :

How much do guests charge for autographs?

Guest set their own prices. (and if they tell you the Show sets the prices, call um' on it!! It ain't true!) The majority of guests charge for autographs. The price usually ranges from $20 - $25 (we've seen prices as high as $50 or more for a few). Also be aware that some Celebrities are now charging to have their pictures taken with them! Bottom line: The fans set the prices!

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:05 pm

I did Chiller on Saturday and Sunday and couldn't have had a more opposite experience than what that original Sludge poster described.

We arrived Saturday at around 2:30pm... went directly back to the room where Alice was located and found the line to be amazingly short at that time... maybe 20 people. The wait was 10-15 minutes and I had one of my items signed because I couldn't manage them all at once. I had planned to wait until Sunday to get my large 'Greatest Hits' poster signed but since the line was so short, I got right back in line and had that signed too. Two items signed, two interactions with Alice all done in less than 30 minutes.

Alice was there with Toby. There was another guy there taking the tickets, but I'm unsure who that was. On both Saturday and Sunday, Alice was *very* relaxed and having a good time with people. He was very obliging in what you wanted him to write on pictures and engaging in conversation with the fans. I never felt rushed when my friend and I would ask questions and engage in conversation. Of course, we were respectful that there were people behind us and tried to keep it brief. It was cool to have Toby there because he would get in on the conversation too when discussing some details. I went through the line a total of three times and each time was better than the previous because I was more relaxed every time. It's not every day you're in the presence of an absolute rock legend.

On Sunday morning at 11:30am we got there early for the photo op and the autograph line was very long down the hallway. Later in the day, however, it was about a 10-15 minute wait again and I had my cane signed then. So it seems to me, that early in the day is not the best time to meet the celebrities. I'd heard similar things about Ace Frehley and Peter Criss when they've appeared there in the past. Others have said if you go late in the day when the lines are short, you can sometimes chat for a good while with some of the guests.

The Photo op was run very well and I'm thrilled to have had that opportunity. Alice was in great spirits and unbelievable accommodating. I wanted my cane in the picture so I walked up, shook his hand and asked for "the menacing choking shot"... Alice noticed my cane and said "well then we'll use this!" and grabbed the cane and put it up to my neck. Alice has a classic menacing look on his face. I tried to look scared, but not sure I pulled that off well, but I still love the photo. Classic!

Yea, $40 isn't cheap and I was kinda hoping it would be around $25, but I took the attitude that this was likely a once-in-a-lifetime type thing for me so the money wasn't a huge factor for me.

I've been wanting to meet Alice in a setting like this for a long long time and I couldn't be happier about how things went this weekend.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:32 pm

The other absolute THRILL of the weekend was meeting Dennis Dunaway, Neal Smith and Michael Bruce. I got a chance to talk with all the guys... all were extremely nice and gracious and this is something I will never ever forget. I even got a picture with all three of them together!

I picked up the 5th Avenue Vampires disc and got to see their performance at the show in the evening. I have yet to listen to the disc, but I enjoyed the live show. Dennis clearly hasn't lost anything in the bass department... he got that intangible quality in his playing that many bass players wish they had and he's got that rock star vibe live. I was impressed. Got some good pics too I think.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:02 pm

By the way... I asked about the setlist this year and was told that there would be no changes.

Considering how Alice has always made some sort of change to the set from year-to-year, even just to swap out one rarity for another, I find that surprising. Maybe they were just speaking in general terms of the overall set list.

I also asked if we'll ever get to hear the RYFAY trilogy since we've been waiting a while and Alice kinda gave a "not that question again" look and Toby chimed in with "well, you're going to be waiting a long time then" answer.

So take that for what it's worth.

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:39 pm

Thank you so much for this cool review RI! Must have been great fun!
As much as I wouldn't know what to do with one of these VIP meetings, I would absolutely go to a session like this Chiller one!

Coupled with a show I just wouldn't be in the right mindset, but on a day off show I would surely enjoy it immensely.
I hope there might be something similar in Europe one day.

And a photo with all three band members! Oh wow! You lucky thing! That must be such a cool memory!

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:30 pm

Great review, RI. :8):
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

Parish
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Parish » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:05 pm

We went on Saturday and for us, it was an amazing, tremendous and fantastic experience. We hung out with Dennis, Neal and Michael all being as gracious and humorous as they are known to be. Took pics, got stuff signed and stayed as long as we wanted. Then we went down the hall and met Alice. I'd met him multiple times before so this trip was for my kids who now love him and his music.

Alice was as gracious as he could be and joked around with me after I showed him my yearbook photo ( I had Cooper makeup on :alice: ) from 1976 and then explained that this trip was for the kids and introduced my sons to him. Toby said, "Now that's good parenting!" and we all laughed. When it came time for our portrait Alice through his arms around the three of us and said to the photographer, "This is my new band!"
No wonder we all wearing sh*t eatin' grins on our faces in the picture.

Thanks Alice, Dennis, Neal and Michael :8):

Very cool of y'all and you definately impressed yet another generation of landsliders... :clap:

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:51 pm

How cool!

I hope you can all share your photos. But of course I understand if you don't want to.
How old are your kids Parish? It's so cool you can share this with them!

Thanks for sharing the stories!

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:31 pm

Thanks a lot dude for asking my ryfay question...very disappointing to find out that he will probably never revisit that album...also about possible no changes in this years setlist...oh well...so glad you had the time of your life

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:By the way... I asked about the setlist this year and was told that there would be no changes.

Considering how Alice has always made some sort of change to the set from year-to-year, even just to swap out one rarity for another, I find that surprising. Maybe they were just speaking in general terms of the overall set list.

I also asked if we'll ever get to hear the RYFAY trilogy since we've been waiting a while and Alice kinda gave a "not that question again" look and Toby chimed in with "well, you're going to be waiting a long time then" answer.

So take that for what it's worth.
"Freedom to rock, freedom to talk, freeeedom, raise your fist and yell!"