NWAC Tonight - Album & Tour Hints

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Re: NWAC Tonight - Album & Tour Hints

Post by A_MichaelUK » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:02 pm

>That would be generous and kind of you, Matt.

I disagree. I think it shows a lot more respect for other people's time if someone does their own research to start with. If they still can't find the answer, then they should as the question.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:10 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:>That would be generous and kind of you, Matt.

I disagree. I think it shows a lot more respect for other people's time if someone does their own research to start with. If they still can't find the answer, then they should as the question.

I'm confused. It wouldn't be generous and kind of Matt to help out a fellow Sickie? No one is forcing anyone to help Andy.If this encroaches on your valuable time i wont be offende if you don't respond :)

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:14 pm

GailsFriend wrote:If people who have the answer to the question could just answer it without reservation, wouldn't we all be happy Alice fans? That would be generous and kind of you, Matt. Actually, THAT is what would save bandwidth.

Matt, Pitkin88 asked a question that you have the answer to, just be kind and answer his question.

It's ok if he doesn't I don't want to waste his time. I really didn't think it was a crap question. My expertise on Alice is not from that particular period.

mattcoddington
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mattcoddington » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:21 pm

pitkin88 wrote:No one is forcing anyone to help Andy.
GailsFriend wrote:Matt, Pitkin88 asked a question that you have the answer to, just be kind and answer his question.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:27 pm

>It wouldn't be generous and kind of Matt to help out a fellow Sickie?

You really need to learn how to read. It's not a question of whether or not it's "generous". It's a question of whether someone expects someone else to do all the work. As was pointed out, it makes for very dull reading to have the same question being asked.

mattcoddington
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mattcoddington » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:30 pm

pitkin88 wrote:I really didn't think it was a crap question.
i never said the question was crap.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:45 pm

mattcoddington wrote:
pitkin88 wrote:No one is forcing anyone to help Andy.
GailsFriend wrote:Matt, Pitkin88 asked a question that you have the answer to, just be kind and answer his question.

I don't believe this is an example of forcing. Gailsfriend just asked if you would answer. I don't think he demanded you do so. Matt?

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:50 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:>It wouldn't be generous and kind of Matt to help out a fellow Sickie?

You really need to learn how to read. It's not a question of whether or not it's "generous". It's a question of whether someone expects someone else to do all the work. As was pointed out, it makes for very dull reading to have the same question being asked.

With all due respect Andy I never asked him to do all the work. Provide a link maybe. If I see a topic that I find dull I don't read it. Perhaps you are compelled to read everything I don't know but I'd try skipping stuff you don't like and see if that helps. :)

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:52 pm

mattcoddington wrote:
i never said the question was crap.

I don't think I siad you did. If I did I'm sorry. I am sincerely not trying to waste your time when you could be doing more important things. :)

mattcoddington
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mattcoddington » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:54 pm

pitkin88 wrote:I don't think I siad you did.
you did. this was your reply to my statement about you trying to START crap (with me.):
pitkin88 wrote:If I did I'm sorry. I am sincerely not trying to waste your time when you could be doing more important things. :)
irrelevant.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:01 pm

mattcoddington wrote:
pitkin88 wrote:I don't think I siad you did.
you did. this was your reply to my statement about you trying to START crap (with me.):
pitkin88 wrote:If I did I'm sorry. I am sincerely not trying to waste your time when you could be doing more important things. :)
irrelevant.

If it is irrelevant why respond? Again I appologize for miss quoting you.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:11 pm

> Provide a link maybe.

How many times should someone do that before the boredom sets in?

> Perhaps you are compelled to read everything I don't know but I'd try skipping stuff you don't like and see if that helps.

I already avoid about half of the threads here, but thanks for your advice.

schinkengott
Killer
Killer

Post by schinkengott » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:52 pm

funny that half of the threads in this forum miss the topic because people are discussing things like "am I allowed to ask questions on this board?". and it's even more funny that people who get annoyed by other people asking questions which they could easily answer by doing a little research still bother to comment on every post even though they think it's a waste of bandwith. what have we become, here, on brutal planet? :p
Thats what a good spider does...you trap....you kill....you eat

mattcoddington
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mattcoddington » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:55 pm

schinkengott wrote: and it's even more funny that people who get annoyed by other people asking questions which they could easily answer by doing a little research still bother to comment on every post even though they think it's a waste of bandwith. what have we become, here, on brutal planet? :p
you have to teach, or they'll never learn.

is it even funnier that you feel the need to comment when you have NOTHING to do with the conversation at hand?

schinkengott
Killer
Killer

Post by schinkengott » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:02 pm

feel free to correct me, but isn't it the main goal of a discussion board to actually engage in conversations/discussions? I was just pointing out that a lot of threads tend to go off-topic. and I'm not blaming anyone for this. just my impression.

mattcoddington
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mattcoddington » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:21 pm

schinkengott wrote:feel free to correct me, but isn't it the main goal of a discussion board to actually engage in conversations/discussions? I was just pointing out that a lot of threads tend to go off-topic. and I'm not blaming anyone for this. just my impression.
yes, you are correct.... to an extent. as andy and si and myself have pointed out, there's a difference between starting constructive conversation and simply asking questions that have been asked dozens of times in the past. and yes, a lot of threads go off-topic. nothing in the guidelines that i can see, which state you must stay on topic. however, i believe that is a given. it's very very very easy to start a new topic. and as i've stated before, it's not so much the question as it was the person who was asking it, and their motives.

schinkengott
Killer
Killer

Post by schinkengott » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:30 pm

mattcoddington wrote:
schinkengott wrote:feel free to correct me, but isn't it the main goal of a discussion board to actually engage in conversations/discussions? I was just pointing out that a lot of threads tend to go off-topic. and I'm not blaming anyone for this. just my impression.
and as i've stated before, it's not so much the question as it was the person who was asking it, and their motives.

ah, alright. i might have overread (is that even an existing word in english?) that it's got to do with the person asking that question.

robert337733
Trash
Trash

Post by robert337733 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:55 am

Does anyone know if they are announcing new dates soon for the Zombie, Cooper tour like perhaps Atlantic Canada.
I'm hidden in the scream
When the virgin dies
I'm Pain

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:42 am

I would hope so. The ad does seemingly imply that additional dates may be possible ("Check back often for dates, etc.")
Me = Winning

robert337733
Trash
Trash

Post by robert337733 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:43 pm

I Wonder When they are going to add more dates, cause it seems like Alice keeps adding festivals and all of these other things that would co inside with the tour.
I'm hidden in the scream
When the virgin dies
I'm Pain