What Questions would you Ask Alice Cooper?

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Re: What Questions would you Ask Alice Cooper?

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:27 pm

>are you interested in having complete ownership of your entire catalogue to give it one consistant remaster treatment?

Why do you want to know?

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God

Post by GailsFriend » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:37 pm

The way it goes is: I get up in the morning and have coffee, and check around the forum on various topics....from the comments and subjects discussed, and my own curiosity, is where the questions come from. Then, I go to work.

I think there could be a really informative interview given from these questions, because I just don't want to hear the chicken story again. Of course, that is because I am an old fan. The new fans will love the story.

Plus, this thread is where I am least capable of offending people, I hope. I just want people to join in the discussion, while waiting for the new album. Fun, light-hearted stuff....y'know?

It's Saturday, 10:30am in sunny California, and I am making breakfast, with my dog next to me. I am in a good mood.
"What part of DEAD don't you get?"

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:06 pm

>I think there could be a really informative interview given from these questions,

I think some of your questions are hypothetical.

Swinger
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Swinger » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:20 pm

Is there a particular reason why The Spider is an archnophobic (fearing spiders) psychopat rather than an archnophillic (loving spiders)?
"You, sir, are a demented, sick, degenerate, barbaric, naughty freako."

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:13 am

GailsFriend wrote:Alice, the fans have seen a various reissue and/or remaster treatments of your catalogue from various companies...are you interested in having complete ownership of your entire catalogue to give it one consistant remaster treatment?
Excellent question - best one posted.

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God

Post by GailsFriend » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:53 am

I am sure I am not the only one who would love to ask Alice something, even if is off the wall, or ridiculous....let the imagination rule in this thread!

Maybe it will be answered...somehow, some way.

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God

Post by GailsFriend » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:59 am

1)Alice, would you ever consider giving a representative of SickThingsUK an exclusive interview?

2)Alice, does anyone in the band or crew ever inform you of the stuff discussed about on SickThingsUK?

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:07 pm

>Excellent question - best one posted.

I think it's kind of a silly one, actually. I can't think of any artist that would not want control of their back catalogue if the opportunity arose. The problem is, the opportunity doesn't always arise.

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God

Post by GailsFriend » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:31 pm

Alice, would you ever consider a sequel to 'From The Inside'?

[Alice could visit a drug recovery facility but as a counselor, which could inspire a sequel. More characters with stories. Totally hypothetical, but fun idea]

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:08 pm

>Why other than the statement regarding the sad loss of Renfield has nothing ever been said or posted.

As previously requested, people should respect Brian's privacy.

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:45 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:>Excellent question - best one posted.

I think it's kind of a silly one, actually. I can't think of any artist that would not want control of their back catalogue if the opportunity arose. The problem is, the opportunity doesn't always arise.
You can't think of one artist? You've actually conducted some sort of poll or asked a bunch of artists their opinions on such matters?

It's a great question, it would allow Alice an opportunity to give his thoughts on how he let control slip away, the regrets he may have and why he wouldn't follow the example of one of his supposed heroes, Frank Zappa, who did wrestle his old record companes for ownership of his old masters - and won! Maybe he could reflect on advice he was given by Shep, or maybe question the direction he gave Shep. Oh the things he could say - if he were honest and forthright that is. Naw, I stand by my original comment - excellent question, and you lack foreight to say it's a silly question. But that's OK, I don't mind being able to teach you how to look at the world from a different perspective.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:57 am

A_MichaelUK wrote:>are you interested in having complete ownership of your entire catalogue to give it one consistant remaster treatment?

Why do you want to know?

He's asking Alice not you. Perhaps the thread could be incorporated to include your name also.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:08 am

A_MichaelUK wrote:>Why other than the statement regarding the sad loss of Renfield has nothing ever been said or posted.

As previously requested, people should respect Brian's privacy.

With respect to Brian Renfield, I have wondered this too. In regards to Glen I have also wondered this.

I'm sure some of us are wondering who if anyone will ( or could ) fill Brian's shoes. Will his collection be sold or perhaps go on display? What will or what has happened to the work he was doing on the mega box?

Not talking about such things here is actually doing Brian a dis-service. He should be rejoiced not hidden away.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:10 am

I'd like to ask Alice if Vincent Price was the first choice to play the part of the curator. How hard was it to get him and were there any other choices for the part.

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:52 am

Toronto Bob wrote:

You can't think of one artist? You've actually conducted some sort of poll or asked a bunch of artists their opinions on such matters?
Stop being childish....Andy was making the point that ALL artists would prefer to have complete control of their back catalogue...simple as that.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:32 am

>You can't think of one artist? You've actually conducted some sort of poll or asked a bunch of artists their opinions on such matters?

What an idiotic statement. If you were the creative type, would YOU want to have ownership of your work? Yes or no?

>It's a great question, it would allow Alice an opportunity to give his thoughts on how he let control slip away,

Do we really want to go over the same thread as we already did? You and pitkin88 have short memories, it seems. Is it the case that you want to be banned, so that if Si is eventually forced to ban you, that you can then complain about it?

>the regrets he may have and why he wouldn't follow the example of one of his supposed heroes, Frank Zappa, who did wrestle his old record companes for ownership of his old masters - and won!

That's true - but Prince and George Michael tried and failed.

>Maybe he could reflect on advice he was given by Shep, or maybe question the direction he gave Shep.

Maybe you can buy Alice from Shep, then you can manage Alice's career. How much money do you have?Do tell us the names of the artists you have managed.

>I don't mind being able to teach you how to look at the world from a different perspective.

Maybe if I had taken as much acid as you, I'd share your "perspective".

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:34 am

>He's asking Alice not you.

Mind your own business.

>Perhaps the thread could be incorporated to include your name also.

"Perhaps" you should mind your own business. Somehow Toronto Bob is allowed to comment on a question, but I'm not.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:38 am

>In regards to Glen I have also wondered this.

What is there to 'wonder' about? The details were made public.

>I'm sure some of us are wondering who if anyone will ( or could ) fill Brian's shoes.

Well, if you've been paying attention, you'll know that someone already did.

> Will his collection be sold or perhaps go on display?

That is a private matter.

>What will or what has happened to the work he was doing on the mega box?

That project had hit a stumbling block long before Brian's death, unfortunately.

>Not talking about such things here is actually doing Brian a dis-service.

Who says?

> He should be rejoiced not hidden away.

You have a short memory, Alice has asked that people do indeed 'rejoice', but that's not what Andy Rushorth was asking.

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:11 pm

While Heaven Wept wrote:
Toronto Bob wrote:

Stop being childish....Andy was making the point that ALL artists would prefer to have complete control of their back catalogue...simple as that.
Hey, I just posted that Gailsfriend's question was excellent - someone else felt the need to insult and since amuk always wants people to stick strictly to "facts" and never speculate, assume or presume, I just wanted to get clarification on his "can't think of any artist who would not want control" statement. Because certainly it's possible that an artist, who no longer has interest in the business of their back catalogue may prefer to take a lump settlement or be content with residual payments. It's not "wrong", it's whatever suits their needs (financial or otherwise) at the time.

No the childish one is the guy who insists on contradicting almost every post that I make. Except that excellent "Nobody Likes Me" topic, he kept out of that one pretty good, and a nice little discussion about the music ensued. Of course it would have required actually listening to the music to be able to participate, so perhaps that was the necessary impediment to keep the conversation clean without the bitchiness.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:38 pm

>and never speculate, assume or presume,

Actually, that's all you ever do.

> Because certainly it's possible that an artist,

I never said it was impossible. That's WHY I wrote "I can't think of any artist that would not want control of their back catalogue if the opportunity arose."

>who no longer has interest in the business of their back catalogue may prefer to take a lump settlement

Are you able to give an example of this? Examples dating back to the fifties or sixties don't count. I would agree with you that such an artist would have to be prepared for his or work to be used in ways they would not approve of. Also, why would you even imply that neither Alice nor his management "no longer has interest" in this area when it's been pointed out to you about a billion times here that ALL the major archival releases of recent years had their active participation? Did you forget?!

>It's not "wrong", it's whatever suits their needs (financial or otherwise) at the time.

Well, well, well. Look who's changed his tune and is hoping no - one will notice. During the previous thread, you accused Alice and his management of all sorts of incompetence but now "whatever suits their needs" is acceptable. I'm laughing so hard I can barely type.

>No the childish one is the guy who insists on contradicting almost every post that I make.

I think it's "childish" to make the same points over and over again without providing evidence.

>Except that excellent "Nobody Likes Me" topic, he kept out of that one pretty good,

Poor Toronto Bon feels picked on - don't flatter yourself, because your posts certainly don't.

>so perhaps that was the necessary impediment to keep the conversation clean without the bitchiness.

You wrote earlier that you "never speculate, assume or presume" yet here you are doing exactly that about what I do or don't listen to. You are full of contradictions.