What Questions would you Ask Alice Cooper?

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God

Re: What Questions would you Ask Alice Cooper?

Post by GailsFriend » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:42 pm

Alice, my friend has an old poster of you when you were endorsing Planned Parenthood, with the caption saying "Planned Parenthood means never having to say you're sorry."
What are your feelings today about Planned Parenthood and that statement?
"What part of DEAD don't you get?"

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:29 pm

This web site is a daily stop for me. Any honorable questions I would ever think to ask have already been addressed here! Anything that can't be answered here may not be worth my knowing. Hat's off to you, Si, for keeping with your winning formula.

There may be one thing that I have yet to see the answer to, but it is not what I'd consider an honorable question, and would certainly never ask it out loud.

(I'm curious to know if there will ever be a replacement taking over Renfield's role? I can think of a few folks here that would do great at that job.)
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:20 pm

Andy, I have looked all over the place, and I can't find the answer to the question of Brian's replacement. Apparently I didn't look well enough, right? Since it's already out there, I will go ahead and ask... Can you please share the info once again, or at least point out where the answer may be found? Thanks. [/color]

Rob
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Rob » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:30 pm

Dannorama wrote:
Andy, I have looked all over the place, and I can't find the answer to the question of Brian's replacement. Apparently I didn't look well enough, right? Since it's already out there, I will go ahead and ask... Can you please share the info once again, or at least point out where the answer may be found? Thanks.

Brian's replacement Jamie Johnston
It must be true A_Michael said so

Dave Conway
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dave Conway » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:03 pm

Met Jamie at the M&G. Nice fella, wore a Beatles T shirt.
...And personally, I don't care.

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:14 pm

Thanks, Rob! Like I said, I check in here every day, but that doesn't mean I see everything that's being talked about.

Good for Jamie. Talk about a dream job! I guess this means Baz can't quit hooking after all.

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God

Post by GailsFriend » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:49 pm

Alice, Along Came A Spider had great packaging and photos of you, how involved were you on the packaging concept of ACAS?

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God

Post by GailsFriend » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:20 pm

Alice, several artists have found it hugely successful to use Walmart, or Best Buy to offer exclusive new releases. For example, Kiss' Sonic Boom and AC/DC's Black Ice....

1)Are you interested in using a large retail chain to promote and sell your upcoming release exclusively?

2)With huge commercial exposure through a retail chain, how would that effect the writing procedure or the material selected for the album? Or the packaging design?

(For example, I am not sure ACAS could have been promoted by Walmart or etc, because of content and exposure to young children.)

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God

Post by GailsFriend » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:50 pm

Alice, you have had more record labels than incarnations of your persona, have you considered jumping the corporate ship and offering your new & future albums as digital downloads exclusively at AliceCooper.com?

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:13 pm

Man, Gailsfriend, you have some great questions for the Coop. If one member here would get a chance for an interview - you got my vote.

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God

Post by GailsFriend » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:40 am

Thank you, Toronto Bob, I am just trying to stay away from some of the arguments around here and be a good person, because I know I can be annoying to some. It's a new year....

But, honestly, I can't be the only person who has questions for Alice that are "something out of the ordinary".

These questions come from a dream that I get to sit with Alice....what would I say or ask if I had the chance?

Certainly, I would not ask about the chicken story...

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:40 am

Rob wrote:

Brian's replacement Jamie Johnston
Really nice guy. Definitely has the fans in mind. I was able to meet him at the Vegas shows.
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God

Post by GailsFriend » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:57 pm

Alice, during your "blackout" period, 1980-1983...those albums have created a type of cult-like following, where most believe they are your best work. Why is it that you can't remember more details about the making of Flush the Fashion, Special Forces, Zipper Catches Skin and DaDa?

The people who co-wrote and produced songs with you may be able to give details about the albums of that period, would you be embarrassed about what they would say?

(actually I believe the contrary--because Alice has a good work ethic. I am confident he performed admireably.)

mattcoddington
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mattcoddington » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:15 pm

GailsFriend wrote:Alice, during your "blackout" period, 1980-1983...those albums have created a type of cult-like following, where most believe they are your best work. Why is it that you can't remember more details about the making of Flush the Fashion, Special Forces, Zipper Catches Skin and DaDa?
as stated many times - alcohol.

mattcoddington
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mattcoddington » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:17 pm

GailsFriend wrote:But, honestly, I can't be the only person who has questions for Alice that are "something out of the ordinary".
i think the issue is - your questions really aren't 'out of the ordinary.' they are questions that have been asked numerous times in the past. in fact, if you search these forums and this site, you'll find answers to almost all of your questions. there's nothing necessarily wrong with your questions, but they certainly aren't new.

mattcoddington
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mattcoddington » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:18 pm

GailsFriend wrote:Alice, you have had more record labels than incarnations of your persona, have you considered jumping the corporate ship and offering your new & future albums as digital downloads exclusively at AliceCooper.com?
i don't see how that would be beneficial, especially if there are record labels out there who are willing to pay for new albums.

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God

Post by GailsFriend » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:52 am

Alice, What question would you like to answer for Matt Coddington since he enjoys answering for you?

mattcoddington
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mattcoddington » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:58 am

GailsFriend wrote:Alice, What question would you like to answer for Matt Coddington since he enjoys answering for you?
would you rather continue to hear the sound of crickets? or would you like answers to your questions? or are you just messing with us? judging by how absurd your questions are - some of us are starting to think so.

what a mystery.

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God

Post by GailsFriend » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:56 pm

I work in a Pet Store where I sell crickets to people for their reptiles. So, the sound of crickets is fine with me. But, of course I would enjoy an intelligent exchange from anyone who would like to participate in the thread here. I believe some of the "answers" can't be defined as such. They are more speculative coming from you,me or anyone else because of 1)the way I am asking the question and 2)we are not Alice Cooper, so we may not really know. Hence, the name of the thread. Again, these are questions I would like to ask if I had the opportunity...and maybe they are absurd, but like my children, I love them all. They are all valid.
Of course, all opinions are appreciated, but answers are different than opinions.Saying "alcohol" to sum up the entire four years of creativity from Alice Cooper's blackout period is hardly an answer to the question I am posing. For example, if a school teacher asks to describe your summer vacation, you can't answer with "fun". The answer is insufficient because more information is required to explain the vacation. That is just how English goes.
Reducing Alice Cooper's Planned Parenthood PSA to just that, is a little too simplistic. Being that Alice Cooper is a born again Christian, I could SPECULATE that he would disagree/regret with his former association with Planned Parenthood because of their affiliation and support of abortion. Do I or you really know what his position on the subject really is? NO. Therefore, it can be described as a "mystery"...because the REAL, AUTHORITATIVE truth is unknown. Unfortunately, with the loss of Brian "Renfield" Nelson and his exhaustive knowledge,experience, and interaction with Alice Cooper, we may be forced to know less.

I know you care, Matt. So, I appreciate you. But, don't you have unanswered questions for Alice Cooper too? What are your questions?

mattcoddington
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mattcoddington » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:15 pm

GailsFriend wrote:I work in a Pet Store where I sell crickets to people for their reptiles. So, the sound of crickets is fine with me.
what you do in your persona life is your business.
GailsFriend wrote:But, of course I would enjoy an intelligent exchange from anyone who would like to participate in the thread here.
you're asking questions and you're getting answers.
GailsFriend wrote:I believe some of the "answers" can't be defined as such. They are more speculative coming from you,me or anyone else because of 1)the way I am asking the question and 2)we are not Alice Cooper, so we may not really know. Hence, the name of the thread.
as stated by others - your questions (or mere wonderings) are odd and at times, cross the border of good taste and human decency. sure, the answers you're getting may be speculative, but: 1. you're not going to get alice to see these questions himself and 2. the answers have come from reliable, trusted sources whom have made some pretty good guesses in the past.
GailsFriend wrote:Again, these are questions I would like to ask if I had the opportunity...and maybe they are absurd, but like my children, I love them all. They are all valid.
no, they certainly are NOT valid. at this point you're just wasting bandwidth on si's site.
GailsFriend wrote:Of course, all opinions are appreciated, but answers are different than opinions.Saying "alcohol" to sum up the entire four years of creativity from Alice Cooper's blackout period is hardly an answer to the question I am posing.
uh, it is the very same answer alice has given numerous times in the past. what more do you need to know? and more importantly, is it any of your business?
GailsFriend wrote:For example, if a school teacher asks to describe your summer vacation, you can't answer with "fun".
of course you can. why are you putting stipulations on how alice can answer questions in interviews????
GailsFriend wrote:The answer is insufficient because more information is required to explain the vacation. That is just how English goes.
you are way off-base. leave alice alone.

GailsFriend wrote:Reducing Alice Cooper's Planned Parenthood PSA to just that, is a little too simplistic.
it is what it is.
GailsFriend wrote:Being that Alice Cooper is a born again Christian, I could SPECULATE that he would disagree/regret with his former association with Planned Parenthood because of their affiliation and support of abortion. Do I or you really know what his position on the subject really is? NO.
uh, yeah, actually some of us do. and that might not be public fodder. deal with it.
GailsFriend wrote:Therefore, it can be described as a "mystery"...because the REAL, AUTHORITATIVE truth is unknown.
no, the REAL, AUTHORITATIVE truth is not unknown to all. again, why is it your business?
GailsFriend wrote:Unfortunately, with the loss of Brian "Renfield" Nelson and his exhaustive knowledge,experience, and interaction with Alice Cooper, we may be forced to know less.
nobody is forced into knowing less or more. what an idiotic statement.
GailsFriend wrote:I know you care, Matt. So, I appreciate you. But, don't you have unanswered questions for Alice Cooper too? What are your questions?
i already posted my question.
Last edited by mattcoddington on Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.