Zazzle

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

AC Collect
Dada God
Dada God

Zazzle

Post by AC Collect » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:37 pm

I was on this website called Zazzle and they have they're own Alice Shop. A bit like FanFire. And while I was browsing i saw these alice cooper trainers, they looked really cool, in fact i was really gonna buy them until i saw that they were £83.10. Does anyone have these, and has anyone else heard of this site. Personally, I think the prices of most items on there is a disgrace.
It's Just The Little Things That Drive me Wild!

mattcoddington
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Zazzle

Post by mattcoddington » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:42 pm

zazzle is kinda messed up. any time someone designs a product, that product then becomes available to everyone else to purchase..... i believe. of course this leads to all kinds of legal issues as far as copyrights, usage rights and likeness rights goes.

AC Collect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by AC Collect » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:44 pm

Oh, But why does everything have to be too overpriced. It's ridiculous. Have you bought anything off there?

mattcoddington
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mattcoddington » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:50 pm

ok, upon further reading - it looks like zazzle allows people to create their own items and then sell them on their site. the creator of the item(s) then gets to set the price(s). this still leads to legal issues because in almost all circumstances, one would need a signed 'model release' from the subject in order to reuse the image(s) in this manner.

AC Collect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by AC Collect » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:57 pm

Seems complicated then :rotfl:

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:59 pm

Not familiar with Zazzle but these sites are supposed to be for people who sell original prints, art or landscape photography, etc.
They are indeed double edged swords as it always leads to copyrights problems with people who are not familiar with the laws, or don't care.

Everyone should use these with care. Artists or photographers because it's easy to expose yourself to art theft. And buyers because you're likely to find a lot of crap (low resolution images copied from the web, illegal copies, etc...)

As for prices, some sites allow you to fix your own margin, some not. But in all cases their margin is rather high, so when you add it to the authors margin it always ends up being pricey. I gave that option up quickly even though it saves you time not having to handle the packaging and posting or storage.

Suspiria
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Suspiria » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:20 pm

Had a look at zazzle. I like their Alice Cooper mugs. Kinda pricey though...
Neil Harrison.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:25 pm

>of course this leads to all kinds of legal issues as far as copyrights, usage rights and likeness rights goes.

That is correct. This company is already being looked at.

sparkinthedark
DiS ViciOuS stalker
DiS ViciOuS stalker

Post by sparkinthedark » Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:04 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:>of course this leads to all kinds of legal issues as far as copyrights, usage rights and likeness rights goes.

That is correct. This company is already being looked at.
That's interesting to know, as when I found the site (Zazzle) it was via a link from the Alice Cooper section of the Fanfire site - they were selling some pre-designed shoes with a link to go design your own. I believe I looked at it this past Summer.
aLL HeaRt
>---❤️--->