Is there room for different types of fans? (long & boring)

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Is there room for different types of fans? (long & boring)

Post by Dannorama » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:10 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:What a tyrant Si is!
No kidding!!!!! He's almost as bad as that ratfink Baz!
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:19 am

Thanks for your respectful reply to my intitial post Si, hopefully others can follow the example.

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God

Post by GailsFriend » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:12 pm

In response to the topic, I would say 'sometimes yes, sometimes no'....

I will use me as an example. I made a comment in the "Kiss didn't make it" thread. I wasn't rude to anyone, but felt the conversation had gone off topic, which left anyone else OUT of the conversation....which can be a little "boring" in a discussion forum.

Originally, I made mention of my own obsessive qualities regarding KISS and ALICE COOPER--posters, endless listening..etc. I thought my comment was on topic and relevant, but maybe all this is my fault.

But, I have been warned of my rudeness....I certainly apologize for any offense I committed, it wasn't my intent to upset anyone.

I always seem to be in this situation.
"What part of DEAD don't you get?"

mattcoddington
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mattcoddington » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:43 pm

christmas pudding was incredible. nice to see many alice fans that i haven't seen..... in 2 whole months! :grin:
Last edited by mattcoddington on Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jacknife_Johnny
Killer
Killer

Post by Jacknife_Johnny » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:07 pm

And..........

Relax! hehe..

:devil:
I would never join a club that would have me as a member!

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:47 pm

GailsFriend wrote: I will use me as an example. I made a comment in the "Kiss didn't make it" thread. I wasn't rude to anyone, but felt the conversation had gone off topic, which left anyone else OUT of the conversation....which can be a little "boring" in a discussion forum.

Originally, I made mention of my own obsessive qualities regarding KISS and ALICE COOPER--posters, endless listening..etc. I thought my comment was on topic and relevant, but maybe all this is my fault.
Just because the conversation went off-topic and it's mainly a few people posting, that does not mean that other people are left out of the conversation. This is a public forum and no one should ever feel left out of the conversation. You are always free to join in the discussion and post. And if you find the topic "boring", then just don't read those posts. It's better than telling people that they are boring, because that tends to put people off. So in conclusion, always feel free to join a conversation if you feel like it, and just ignore it if it's a topic that doesn't interest you.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:47 am

Si wrote:
pitkin88 wrote: I have a life Si. I'm off to Disney for 3 days. Anyway, I'm tired of all the boring your WRONG posts to be honest.
Serious debate here is stifled because some of you want the free backstage passes. Fair enough.
Debate??? You can't TAKE a debate. That's the point! Every time someone calls you on something you run away, or spout the same bullshit and unfounded accusations. You are CLUELESS! You didn`t know it was illegal to copy CD's!!!

It's about time you grew a set. Usually you are passive.
I guess the backstage and tour bus stuff hurts bad. When have I run from anyone here?. I don't have the time to sift through every line of AM's posts. The bugger wears you down. I have stated my position CLEARLY I don't know how many times but it doesn't sink in. Too much waiting out in the rain for shows eh? Rots the brain.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:52 am

A_MichaelUK wrote:>I have a life Si. I'm off to Disney for 3 days.

In that case, I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say how grateful I am that you're able to find time from your incredibly busy schedule to be able to post on this board.

>Serious debate here is stifled

So "stifled" that some of these threads go on for three or four pages! What a tyrant Si is!

>because some of you want the free backstage passes.

A very stupid thing to say. I was getting backstage passes before this site even existed. What happened to you to make you so jealous and vindictive?

Funny how your fanzine ended when you entered the inner circle. I think we got one more after the Constrictor tour wasn't it? Mission accomplished. All aboard.

I've met you and I'm certainly not jealous. Dream on.

Robbie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Robbie » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:24 am

Have just looked at the board for the first time in a couple of days and I am sat here open mouthed at the vitriol in these two threads. I thought this was the season of peace and goodwill to all men?!!
Just to put my two penn'orth in for what it's worth. Si's comment that there is room for all kinds of fans who express their joy in Alice Cooper sums up this site for me so a Merry Christmas to you all and I will drink to the great memories of the 2009 tour and hope that 2010 brings another opportunity to see the artist we all admire and respect(at whatever level of fandom / dedication) once again rocking across the world.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:35 am

>Funny how your fanzine ended when you entered the inner circle.

Yes. "Funny" also how it "ended" when I finally got a full - time job as well.

>I think we got one more after the Constrictor tour wasn't it? Mission accomplished. All aboard.

Such festering jealousy.

>I've met you

I know you have. That's why you should know better than accuse me of sycophancy.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:36 am

>The bugger wears you down.

Only if "you" are not in posession of all the facts or are being illogical.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:18 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
Si wrote: Debate??? You can't TAKE a debate. That's the point! Every time someone calls you on something you run away, or spout the same bullshit and unfounded accusations. You are CLUELESS! You didn`t know it was illegal to copy CD's!!!

It's about time you grew a set. Usually you are passive.
Usually I try and stay polite and be helpful, even when someone is causing a problem. I've pretty much lost my patience with you and your idiotic rubbish.
pitkin88 wrote: I guess the backstage and tour bus stuff hurts bad.
Why would it hurt. It's completely unfounded twaddle from someone who knows nothing.
pitkin88 wrote: When have I run from anyone here?. I don't have the time to sift through every line of AM's posts. The bugger wears you down. I have stated my position CLEARLY I don't know how many times but it doesn't sink in. Too much waiting out in the rain for shows eh? Rots the brain.
Oh, your position is clear. You are right, everyone else is wrong. When someone corrects you on something it becomes a big fight. In the end you resort to petty insults, as above.
I pity you.

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:38 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
A_MichaelUK wrote: A very stupid thing to say. I was getting backstage passes before this site even existed. What happened to you to make you so jealous and vindictive?
Funny how your fanzine ended when you entered the inner circle. I think we got one more after the Constrictor tour wasn't it? Mission accomplished. All aboard.

Pitkin88, what happened? You made some pretty good posts on the Hall of Fame thread and I was thinking you were acting quite reasonable.

But unfortunately, it seems that whenever Andy Michael is disagreeing with another poster on this board (in this case Toronto Bob), I've noticed that you have a tendency to suddenly jump in and want to go against Andy. It seems like you want any excuse to go against him and you often start making negative comments about his fanzine and the fact that he is friendly with the Alice camp. Sorry, but it gives the impression that you are jealous of Andy's relationship with Alice and Andy's ability to be on the tour bus and have backstage access. You have mentioned those factors just too many times. Why else do you mention them so often?

As for Si Halley, there is nothing wrong with being a nice guy and a guy does not need to "grow a set" just because he is polite and easygoing.

If you want to debate people here, that's fine. Debates can be interesting and even entertaining. But I get the feeling that it's not the issues that you are debating as much as a desire to go against Andy.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:49 pm

>ability to be on the tour bus

That's greatly exaggerated by the way (or at least the perception that pitkin88 has).

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:51 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:>ability to be on the tour bus

That's greatly exaggerated by the way (or at least the perception that pitkin88 has).
Exactly. The truth is that Andy usually hitches a ride on the semi that hauls the stage pieces around!
Me = Winning

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:53 pm

Right. It's just that Pitkin has mentioned it so much. I meant to say more along the line that you are able to get backstage.

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:54 pm

sorry double post.

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:58 pm

WickedYoungMan wrote:

Exactly. The truth is that Andy usually hitches a ride on the semi that hauls the stage pieces around!
:rotfl: :rotfl:

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:18 pm

glamprincess wrote:
pitkin88 wrote:
A_MichaelUK wrote: A very stupid thing to say. I was getting backstage passes before this site even existed. What happened to you to make you so jealous and vindictive?

Pitkin88, what happened? You made some pretty good posts on the Hall of Fame thread and I was thinking you were acting quite reasonable.

But unfortunately, it seems that whenever Andy Michael is disagreeing with another poster on this board (in this case Toronto Bob), I've noticed that you have a tendency to suddenly jump in and want to go against Andy. It seems like you want any excuse to go against him and you often start making negative comments about his fanzine and the fact that he is friendly with the Alice camp. Sorry, but it gives the impression that you are jealous of Andy's relationship with Alice and Andy's ability to be on the tour bus and have backstage access. You have mentioned those factors just too many times. Why else do you mention them so often?

As for Si Halley, there is nothing wrong with being a nice guy and a guy does not need to "grow a set" just because he is polite and easygoing.

If you want to debate people here, that's fine. Debates can be interesting and even entertaining. But I get the feeling that it's not the issues that you are debating as much as a desire to go against Andy.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:29 pm

To Glam Princess. AM likes to pick apart in the most minute detail posts that are or appear to be against Alice/Alice's mgmt et al. He comes across as a smug know it all. I pretty much get into it with him ( though Si has now jumped onboard )and pretty much him alone. On the other hand he has pissed off many here with the " WRONG " and
" IDIOTIC " stuff ( Si seems to have followed this too perhaps in the attempt to goad me so he can feel justified in banning me ). It is hard to have a serious debate when you get insults. When someone gets insulted they often result in hurling back insults.