Kiss didn't make it.

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Kiss didn't make it.

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:22 am

>(P.S. to Andy ... I had started eating my special breakfast but stopped as I continued to read what was presented to me. My eggs and toast was a much better meal )

I don't think I understand what this means.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:58 pm

glamprincess wrote:
pitkin88 wrote: To Steven Crayon,
For the millionth time TB and myself were talking about audio/visual not sleeping in a bin in the rain or collecting posters. For all you've said and done so have I in the name of Alice. Get over it what do you want a medal?

I asked for an example of an extensive exhaustive Alice project by fans for fans ( Free ) that was close to something like what Purple Chick/TCTP/Lazy Tortoise etc.

Re Kiss, I guess Ezrin rated them. Are you comparing Kiss to ACG or Alice solo?
I believe what Andy says in the above post.

But I am going to present the following as some food for thought. Let's just say, for arguement's sake, that there is no extensive Alice project like the one that you are talking about. So what? That doesn't mean that Alice fans are less dedicated. Or that they don't care as much. Most fans probably wouldn't have the equipment, time, money and know-how to complete such a project. And just because fans do undertake such a project, still does not make them more "dedicated" than fans who go to lots of shows, and queue for hours.

As for Kiss and Ezrin, my guess would be that Bob Ezrin would agree that Alice Cooper should be in the Hall of Fame before Kiss. I am sure Ezrin knows probably better than almost anybody that Alice Cooper preceded and influenced them.

And for the record....yeah, I would also love a medal!!! And prizes too!!!
To Pitkin it's Steven Crayn here not Crayon, I'm sure your spelling mistake was deliberate but hopefully you have got over it and for the record I don't need no medal.

Happy Xmas Glam Princess, as one of my favourite sickthings I am intrigued to know what you said to get banned from the Genesis forum?
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:39 pm

steven_crayn wrote: To Pitkin it's Steven Crayn here not Crayon, I'm sure your spelling mistake was deliberate but hopefully you have got over it and for the record I don't need no medal.

Happy Xmas Glam Princess, as one of my favourite sickthings I am intrigued to know what you said to get banned from the Genesis forum?
Thanks very much, Steven. I have never really been active on the Genesis forum. I am not really active on any other websites but this one, because it would probably just be too time-consuming. The Genesis comment was because Wicked Young Man made a joke and I was just making a joke back. Sometimes I like to kid around because in my real life (as opposed to internet life), I really like to have fun and laugh a lot with other people.

Hope you have a Merry XMas, Steven. And to everyone else who celebrates it.

Jason
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Jason » Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:18 pm

As far as Kiss not making it in, I'm not surprised. They should not get in before Alice Cooper or any other band "waiting to get in" that has been around longer than them.

As far as I remember, bands/artists become eligible 25 years after the release of their first album. Which means the ACG was eleigible in 1994, Alice as a solo act in 2000, Kiss has been eligible since 1999.

Just my opinion, but I think that it should operate in terms of seniority. A grade 9 student isn't going to graduate before a grade 12 student.

The whole rest of the thread is pretty messy! Interesting read no doubt, but the epitome of diversity can be found by reading through this one thread alone.

Again, opinions are opinions. I liken it to food. A top chef could prepare "the best meal in the world", put lots of time in to it etc. However, not everybody is going to like it, that's why it's called "taste"! Facts are something else altogether, and often people mix opinion with fact and therein lies the problem. All it takes are a few inappropriate comments and we're back in the school yard! (School's Out folks.....remember? ;))

It would be nice if people could learn to debate/disagree without resorting to what goes on sometimes in these threads (yes, I know....in a perfect world). Actually, most people do do that here. But it only takes a couple of people to stir things up.

That's the problem with "text". It lacks tone and approach. If this topic was brought up and everyone was sitting in the same room, what would happen?

Anyhow, I most of time don't bother getting deep into my own opinion, be it Alice Cooper or anything for that matter because it's not worth it in the end.

Why am I going to waste time arguing via text with people I don't even know across the world? "It's only rock'n'roll" and consequently is also "nothing to get hung about"!

That's why I hate talking about politics and religion, boring topics to begin with (remember, just my opinion). People that are into those thing are extremely passionate about them, obviously. Nothing wrong with that, I'm passionate too about lots of things, but keeping in mind that other people have their likes and dislikes and not to push mine on them. It comes down to respect and being open-minded enough to hear ( or in this case-read) other opinions.

All said, I like this site, if I ever want to find anything out or if I tip somebody off about finding lots of Alice info, it's Sickthings UK, not the official Alice website. Si has been doing a wicked job for years! Thank you again, Merry Christmas and sorry for the long post! I hadn't posted in ages and I was due for a long post! :grin:
"Same as always, different as ever"

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:33 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:>(P.S. to Andy ... I had started eating my special breakfast but stopped as I continued to read what was presented to me. My eggs and toast was a much better meal )

I guess he didn't like what you were saying. I'm not sure eggs in toast qualifies as a " special breakfast " though.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:41 pm

To Pitkin it's Steven Crayn here not Crayon, I'm sure your spelling mistake was deliberate but hopefully you have got over it and for the record I don't need no medal.

Sorry Steven. I've had 2 spelling corrections here in the past 2 days. Crayn with a Y and Crayon are very similar.
Don't read too much into it. No medal for you and Merry Xmas.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:25 am

pitkin88 wrote:To Pitkin it's Steven Crayn here not Crayon, I'm sure your spelling mistake was deliberate but hopefully you have got over it and for the record I don't need no medal.

Sorry Steven. I've had 2 spelling corrections here in the past 2 days. Crayn with a Y and Crayon are very similar.
Don't read too much into it. No medal for you and Merry Xmas.
Now it looks like I am suffering from delusions of persecution, you were not calling me a crayon and I drew the wrong conclusion. With an innapropriate response that Shoey had to edit

What a pain what a strain on my brain it was
A fish on a hook I was rattled and shook 'cause I lost my stake
I took that serious

Happy xmas to you too and Toronto Bob, it did seem like you were both putting some Alice fans down a bit, but I think Jason's wise words are a lesson and a medal goes to that man.

Do like a good argument though!

Talking of which what did Wicked Young Man say to get banned from the Genesis forum, seeing as I said in response to Toronto Bob's Genesis v Alice thing that an Alice fan wouldn't do the reverse of what he did.

I should add I've seen Genesis 3 times and even though I prefer the Gabriel era they did still did some great albums and shows up until about 83 :teach:
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:18 am

>I guess he didn't like what you were saying.

That's interesting because earlier in the thread, "he didn't like what you were saying", as well.

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:34 pm

steven_crayn wrote:Talking of which what did Wicked Young Man say to get banned from the Genesis forum,
I was only joking.
Me = Winning

mattcoddington
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mattcoddington » Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:20 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:>(P.S. to Andy ... I had started eating my special breakfast but stopped as I continued to read what was presented to me. My eggs and toast was a much better meal )

implying that you are feeding him a bunch of b.s.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:49 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:>I guess he didn't like what you were saying.

That's interesting because earlier in the thread, "he didn't like what you were saying", as well.

Yes but he didn't stop eating breakfast when he was reading my posts. Yours forced him into a choice and eggs on toast was the ultimate winner. A breakfast of champions no doubt!!

damiennalice
Bouilliabase
Bouilliabase

Post by damiennalice » Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:39 pm

Wow.I never thought that my semi inside joke would have this amount of attention. My apologies to the uninformed. But thanks for the chuckle.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:22 pm

>implying that you are feeding him a bunch of b.s.

He's wrong.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:23 pm

>Yes but he didn't stop eating breakfast when he was reading my posts.

Only damienalice can be certain of that.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:21 am

A_MichaelUK wrote:>Yes but he didn't stop eating breakfast when he was reading my posts.

Only damienalice can be certain of that.

You've never heard of a satellte link up? I'm sure this is pretty easy for Genesis fans.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:48 am

>I'm sure this is pretty easy for Genesis fans.

Some of these responses are becoming very obscure.