Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Kiss didn't make it.

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:22 pm

To Steven Crayn,

Hi TB's mate here. I'm still in the kitchen. Not running anywhere. The first part of your question has already been answered by others here so you are
WRONG ( copywright AM ). You should see some of the slagging Paul gets on the Bootlegzone forums which are for the most part Beatle and related. No one gets as bent out of shape as some of you here.

For the millionth time TB and myself were talking about audio/visual not sleeping in a bin in the rain or collecting posters. For all you've said and done so have I in the name of Alice. Get over it what do you want a medal?

I asked for an example of an extensive exhaustive Alice project by fans for fans ( Free ) that was close to something like what Purple Chick/TCTP/Lazy Tortoise etc. I was not talking about what is in someones private collection. The best I got was Prime Cuts ( an official release ) and a " he, she, they " project. Fair enough. If that is the best that can be offered I stand by what I said and Bob said. I'd love to be proved WRONG.

Re Kiss, I guess Ezrin rated them. Are you comparing Kiss to ACG or Alice solo?

mattcoddington
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mattcoddington » Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:24 pm

pitkin88 wrote:The first part of your question has already been answered by others here so you are
WRONG ( copywright AM ).
copyright.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:59 pm

mattcoddington wrote:
pitkin88 wrote:The first part of your question has already been answered by others here so you are
WRONG ( copywright AM ).
copyright.

YWRONG again? I'm going to cry.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:35 pm

I asked for an example of an extensive exhaustive Alice project by fans for fans ( Free ) that was >close to something like what Purple Chick/TCTP/Lazy Tortoise etc. I was not talking about what is in someones private collection.

That's the part you don't seem to understand. For all you know, the people doing the stuff you're referring to might not want you to know who they are, that's all. If that's not good enough for you, that's fine. Until they announce themselves, or until you put in some effort and find them yourself, you're going to have to accept that that's all you're going to get.

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:35 pm

pitkin88 wrote: To Steven Crayon,
For the millionth time TB and myself were talking about audio/visual not sleeping in a bin in the rain or collecting posters. For all you've said and done so have I in the name of Alice. Get over it what do you want a medal?

I asked for an example of an extensive exhaustive Alice project by fans for fans ( Free ) that was close to something like what Purple Chick/TCTP/Lazy Tortoise etc.

Re Kiss, I guess Ezrin rated them. Are you comparing Kiss to ACG or Alice solo?
I believe what Andy says in the above post.

But I am going to present the following as some food for thought. Let's just say, for arguement's sake, that there is no extensive Alice project like the one that you are talking about. So what? That doesn't mean that Alice fans are less dedicated. Or that they don't care as much. Most fans probably wouldn't have the equipment, time, money and know-how to complete such a project. And just because fans do undertake such a project, still does not make them more "dedicated" than fans who go to lots of shows, and queue for hours.

As for Kiss and Ezrin, my guess would be that Bob Ezrin would agree that Alice Cooper should be in the Hall of Fame before Kiss. I am sure Ezrin knows probably better than almost anybody that Alice Cooper preceded and influenced them.

And for the record....yeah, I would also love a medal!!! And prizes too!!!
Last edited by glamprincess on Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mattcoddington
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mattcoddington » Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:40 pm

pitkin88 wrote:I asked for an example of an extensive exhaustive Alice project by fans for fans ( Free ) that was close to something like what Purple Chick/TCTP/Lazy Tortoise etc. I was not talking about what is in someones private collection. The best I got was Prime Cuts ( an official release ) and a " he, she, they " project. Fair enough. If that is the best that can be offered I stand by what I said and Bob said. I'd love to be proved WRONG
you might want to browse the sickthings archives. you'll see that we were working on 'projects' way before you joined the internets.

http://www.pmas.process.com/scripts/mxa ... SickThings

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:20 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:I asked for an example of an extensive exhaustive Alice project by fans for fans ( Free ) that was >close to something like what Purple Chick/TCTP/Lazy Tortoise etc. I was not talking about what is in someones private collection.

That's the part you don't seem to understand. For all you know, the people doing the stuff you're referring to might not want you to know who they are, that's all. If that's not good enough for you, that's fine. Until they announce themselves, or until you put in some effort and find them yourself, you're going to have to accept that that's all you're going to get.

I'm fine with that. If there is a group of people that are so secretive then so be it. You have proved part of my point. If they do exist then what they are not making
( whatever it is they are working on ) available to all fans just a select group unlike Purple Chick et all.

As for me putting in the effort, I've searched the internet quite a bit. I found this site and yes I do know that this is not the only Alice site. I should also add it is the best one.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:22 pm

mattcoddington wrote:
pitkin88 wrote:I asked for an example of an extensive exhaustive Alice project by fans for fans ( Free ) that was close to something like what Purple Chick/TCTP/Lazy Tortoise etc. I was not talking about what is in someones private collection. The best I got was Prime Cuts ( an official release ) and a " he, she, they " project. Fair enough. If that is the best that can be offered I stand by what I said and Bob said. I'd love to be proved WRONG
you might want to browse the sickthings archives. you'll see that we were working on 'projects' way before you joined the internets.

http://www.pmas.process.com/scripts/mxa ... SickThings

Thank you. I tried typing in projects but a lot of it is just ACG v AC. Perhaps you could tell me what to type in.
If you'd prefer to PM me that's fine.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:23 pm

> You have proved part of my point.

That was never your "point". Your "point" was about whether they existed or not.

>If they do exist then what they are not making
( whatever it is they are working on ) available to all fans just a select group unlike Purple Chick et all.

That's their business, though.

>As for me putting in the effort, I've searched the internet quite a bit.

That's the easy part. Besides, not all their activities are publicised.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:30 pm

I believe what Andy says in the above post.

But I am going to present the following as some food for thought. Let's just say, for arguement's sake, that there is no extensive Alice project like the one that you are talking about. So what? That doesn't mean that Alice fans are less dedicated. Or that they don't care as much. Most fans probably wouldn't have the equipment, time, money and know-how to complete such a project. And just because fans do undertake such a project, still does not make them more "dedicated" than fans who go to lots of shows, and queue for hours.

As for Kiss and Ezrin, my guess would be that Bob Ezrin would agree that Alice Cooper should be in the Hall of Fame before Kiss. I am sure Ezrin knows probably better than almost anybody that Alice Cooper preceded and influenced them.

And for the record....yeah, I would also love a medal!!! And prizes too!!![/quote]

I seriously doubt you can speak for what equipment AC fans have. Can you also please stop talking about poor AC fans standing in the rain as I have said ( for the millionth time ) I am referring to audio/visual and not people wearing parkas outside the Hammersmith Odeon.

Merry Xmas to all.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:38 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:> You have proved part of my point.

That was never your "point". Your "point" was about whether they existed or not.

>If they do exist then what they are not making

That's their business, though.

>As for me putting in the effort, I've searched the internet quite a bit.

That's the easy part. Besides, not all their activities are publicised.

Yes it was " part " of my point. That's why I used the word " part ". You make these people sound like The Masons!!

I'm off to reconstruct the 25 minutes of " Cocoa-nuts "
that I have.

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:46 pm

glamprincess wrote:Yes....they should be desperate for women over there.....

I've been told that at Rush concerts, there are virtually no women. It's like being at a Star Trek convention.
Having been to both I can assure you this is totally not true!
Me = Winning

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:12 pm

>Yes it was " part " of my point. That's why I used the word " part ".

You only "used the word " part "" in that last post. It was never "part" of your original "point".

> You make these people sound like The Masons!!

That's their choice.

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:21 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
I seriously doubt you can speak for what equipment AC fans have. Can you also please stop talking about poor AC fans standing in the rain as I have said ( for the millionth time ) I am referring to audio/visual and not people wearing parkas outside the Hammersmith Odeon.
I did not speak for what equipment AC fans have. That's not even close to what I was saying. And if I want to mention AC fans queueing in line another time, I will and I certainly don't need your permission to do so. Besides, I only mentioned it because I was making the point about both types of fans being dedicated. That was the point of my post, not anything about AC fans' equipment. It's not for you to tell me or others that we should stop talking about something.

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:27 pm

WickedYoungMan wrote:
glamprincess wrote:Yes....they should be desperate for women over there.....

I've been told that at Rush concerts, there are virtually no women. It's like being at a Star Trek convention.
Having been to both I can assure you this is totally not true!
I was really just kidding around....

I actually like Rush.....

But Star Trek conventions....I'll pass!

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:33 pm

kevinuk81 wrote:Over to you Shoey.
Pu-leaze! Trekkies are folks who were kicked out of the Star Wars club for being too nerdy. :laugh:
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:41 pm

I am talking about Alice period, when I think about the great albums Ezrin produced, Love It To Death, Killer , Schools Out, Billion Dollar Babies, Welcome To My Nightmare, Peter Gabriels 1st solo album, his co production of The Wall, I don't see his work with Kiss being in the same league, not the fault of Ezrin, just that Alice, Gabriel and Floyd are musically great, whereas Kiss in my opinion are not, just a Rock n Roll band that put on a show, nothing wrong in that, but it is like comparing Rolf Harris to Rembrandt!
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:21 pm

Had to edit out some name calling from a few members in this thread (and one instance I should have spotted earlier in the day, my bad). Debates are fine but please refrain from using personal comments toward other members.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:42 pm

glamprincess wrote:
pitkin88 wrote:
I did not speak for what equipment AC fans have. That's not even close to what I was saying. And if I want to mention AC fans queueing in line another time, I will and I certainly don't need your permission to do so. Besides, I only mentioned it because I was making the point about both types of fans being dedicated. That was the point of my post, not anything about AC fans' equipment. It's not for you to tell me or others that we should stop talking about something.

You said: " Most fans probably wouldn't have the equipment, time, money and know-how to complete such a project ".

I appologize for telling you what you should talk about. Please feel free to talk about the rain and those waiting in it. I love that story.

damiennalice
Bouilliabase
Bouilliabase

Post by damiennalice » Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:37 am

(P.S. to Andy ... I had started eating my special breakfast but stopped as I continued to read what was presented to me. My eggs and toast was a much better meal ;))