Kiss didn't make it.

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Kiss didn't make it.

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:50 pm

>And now to answer Andy - yes the title means best "PARTS" of something. I'd rather here the WHOLE song not its' BEST PART.

Finally, a rational answer. Thanks. As to the songs not being "WHOLE", what you probably don't know is that sometimes (or maybe always), it is part of a licensing agreement that only a clip from a piece of footage can be used.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:51 pm

>but doesn`t it includes the individule clips playable alone (as a jukebox),

Yes, although I'm not sure that they are all complete.

> as well as more interviews with the original band

Yes.

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:02 pm

Si wrote:
Toronto Bob wrote: I loved the material included but the truncated clips of the songs was what bothered me the most. Now as a documntary film, that's OK to do that, but the cover went to list all the songs included, like a concert dvd or a cd would and that leads the consumer to believe these songs are contained within, not just "clips". As well, some interviews with the original members would have been nice.
You do know the DVD version of Prime Cuts HAS much of that stuff? They couldn`t fit it all on the VHS, but the DVD is a double disc set. Correct me if I'm wrong, as my memory could be playing tricks on me, but doesn`t it includes the individule clips playable alone (as a jukebox), as well as more interviews with the original band etc.

Excellent! I don't have the dvd only bought the VHS when it was released back in the 90's. If there's a confirmation on this, I'll readily snap it up.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:29 pm

>I don't have the dvd

The DVD came out in 2001 - the fact that you still don't have it is quite revealing!

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:56 pm

Toronto Bob wrote: Excellent! I don't have the dvd only bought the VHS when it was released back in the 90's. If there's a confirmation on this, I'll readily snap it up.
I have it in front of me. That confirmation enough?
I know it wouldn`t be for some prople ;)

Make sure you get the re-release 2 disc version.

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:57 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:
The DVD came out in 2001 - the fact that you still don't have it is quite revealing!
Hmmmm.....a dedicated fan would have known that....
Last edited by glamprincess on Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Post by kevinuk81 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:03 pm

And please order through this site, thank you.
Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:23 pm

>Hmmmm.....a dedicated fan would have known that....

Also, it's interesting that Toronto Bob is suddenly a big admirer of this site, yet he was unware that the information at http://www.sickthingsuk.co.uk/video/v-primecuts.php
existed.

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:20 pm

Si wrote:You do know the DVD version of Prime Cuts HAS much of that stuff? They couldn`t fit it all on the VHS, but the DVD is a double disc set. Correct me if I'm wrong, as my memory could be playing tricks on me, but doesn`t it includes the individule clips playable alone (as a jukebox), as well as more interviews with the original band etc.
You can get the individual tracks by themselves, though some of the longer pieces like Black JuJu, etc., are still condensed regardless. On the film itself, I can only think of a couple of things that were added in for the DVD. There was a story about the Hollywood Vampires that mentioned Bruce Springsteen in addition to what he had already mentioned (if I recall correctly) and then the full version of the Poison music video is in there.

Of course disc 2 is where we get some goodies like the RYFAY tour dress rehearsals, full interviews with the band members for the "Behind the Music" special, etc.
Me = Winning

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God

Post by GailsFriend » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:26 am

I am really glad that you are all talking about a subject that has nothing to do with the main topic...but maybe we can all move on to something else?

Or maybe just delete this thread....cuz, this is boring.
"What part of DEAD don't you get?"

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God

Post by GailsFriend » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:29 am

Somehow this topic went from discussing Kiss, and Alice Cooper in the Hall of Fame....to discussing the contents of Alice Cooper's Prime Cuts DVD.

Wha?? :bam:

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God

Post by GailsFriend » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:31 am

And Si, you are so clever, deleting my previous message. :love:

Jaded
Garric Stalker
Garric Stalker

Post by Jaded » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:24 am

check yourself Gailsfriend, this is your only warning.
I take life with a grain of salt...
A wedge of lime, and a shot of tequila.

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:40 am

GailsFriend wrote:I am really glad that you are all talking about a subject that has nothing to do with the main topic...but maybe we can all move on to something else?

Or maybe just delete this thread....cuz, this is boring.

GailsFriend...YOU are the one who originated the whole "dedication of fans" discussion when you posted that Genesis fans were less dedicated, thus getting a response from the Genesis fans! So if you find this thread off-topic and boring, well.... you have no one else to blame.

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:14 am

Si wrote:
Toronto Bob wrote: Excellent! I don't have the dvd only bought the VHS when it was released back in the 90's. If there's a confirmation on this, I'll readily snap it up.
I have it in front of me. That confirmation enough?
I know it wouldn`t be for some prople ;)

Make sure you get the re-release 2 disc version.
I followed the link and scrolled down and read the first review, here it is....
I realized that the VHS edition had limitations as far as length of clips, but it was still hard to see just a minute of "Black Ju Ju" and "Dwight Fry" live with the original band.

Longtime fans like myself want as much of the original band as possible in these compilations.

Problem solved with the re-done DVD version, right?

NO! These are still just clips, NOT THE FULL-LENGTH versions! Geez....who put this thing together anyway?

The "Alice Cooper Virtual Jukebox" feature will have the full-length versions, right?

No, this is just an direct access to the clips in Prime Cuts via a page designed like an old jukebox.Whoopee...

Wait! Disc 2 has "Over 80 minutes of comprehensive supplemental material assembled specially for this DVD", that will have the full-length clips of the original band, right?

No, it is an annoying, little game you play where you roll the dice on the screen to access different clips.

If you land on square 100, you can watch the entire feature all at once.

There has to be an easter egg for this but I haven't found it yet.It would be just like this stupid DVD not to have one.

The feature is different interview clips of Alice, Mike Bruce, Neil Smith, Dennis Dunaway and Dick Wagner from the Behind the Music show on VH-1, I think. It's pretty good because it's ALWAYS good to see the original lineup, ya see.

The incredibly stupid thing about it is that each clip leads into a FULL-LENGTH live song clip from the Brutal Live concert vid or The Nightmare Returns vid.

They interview the original band ONLY (plus Wagner) and then feature the 1986 and 2000 lineups ONLY via the clips! Huh?

These were fine shows (especially the Brutal vid), but why do they keep the material most wanted by the fans in the vault?

Anyone that would buy this DVD already has Brutally Live and The Nightmare Returns anyway.

Alice Cooper finally let some live material with the original band go on the Billion Dollar Babies 2CD reissue early in 2001.

I sure hope he has plans to make more of the original band's live material available via CD or DVD.

The Prime Cuts (Limited Edition 2-Disc Set) DVD release here is a big disappointment.
I'll still likely order it hey, just sayin'. Oh yeah and the fact that I don't have the dvd of something that I already purchased does speak volumes - about how someone should make it worthwhile for me to make a repeat purchase of something I already own

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:07 am

>The incredibly stupid thing about it is that each
>clip leads into a FULL-LENGTH live song clip from
>the Brutal Live concert vid or The Nightmare Returns
>vid.

I'm pretty sure this is completely wrong, but can't chekc right this second.
The clips he's refering to are the otherwise unreleased material filmed on the 1988 tour aren`t they? I don`t recall stuff from Brutally live on there.

Most of the shorten clips are available to watch (or even download) online in various places like YouTube. I know this doesn`t make up for them not being complete on the DVD, but you can see them.

As I said in my original post, I wasn`t sure they were the complete clips of the songs, but the bonus material is definitly worthwhile.

There also IS a way to get directly to the bonus material without having to go through the snakes and ladders game. The info was on AC.com for many tyears, and I think I put it on thePrime Cuts page here as well (if I didn`t I should have. Sure someone here can remember how to do it.

I think that review is a little harsh. Sure, the release has it's limitations, but it was designed to appeal to causual fans looking for some history AS WELL AS the hardcore fans. I think it forefills that criteria very well.

We all want more vintage Alice officially released and I'm sure it will happen (I've heard a rumour "The Nightmare" is on it's way) eventually. We just have to be patient. It's not like it's impossible to find some cool stuff in this internet age if you look.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:33 am

>about how someone should make it worthwhile for me to make a repeat purchase of something I already own

There's an addiional disc of extra material, as has already been explained.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:34 am

>but it was designed to appeal to causual fans looking for some history AS WELL AS the hardcore fans.

That's something that one or two (or more) people on this board should remember.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:07 pm

>Oh yeah and the fact that I don't have the dvd of something that I already purchased does speak volumes - about how someone should make it worthwhile for me to make a repeat purchase of something I already own

Also, you're trying to 're - write history" and not for the first time either. You're write that "someone should make it worthwhile for" you "to make a repeat purchase" but that's not what you wrote originally. You wrote:
"I don't have the dvd only bought the VHS when it was released back in the 90's. If there's a confirmation on this, I'll readily snap it up." In other words, you didn't know the new version even existed - that's why glamprincess questioned your dedication.

Gorehound
Blonde and Proud butler
Blonde and Proud butler

Post by Gorehound » Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:35 pm

Si wrote:>The incredibly stupid thing about it is that each
>clip leads into a FULL-LENGTH live song clip from
>the Brutal Live concert vid or The Nightmare Returns
>vid.
I don`t recall stuff from Brutally live on there.
I seem to remember Brutal Planet coming up on the snakes and ladders game a fair few times (for some reason the short cut didn't work with my dvd player!) but I could be wrong, not watched it in ages. Don't remember owt else from Brutally Live though.

My only complaint with the dvd is not getting the whole RYFAY show :p don't get me wrong, the footage they do show is great but I would love an official release of a RYFAY show in its entirety.
Flesh fanatic psychopath