You're Probably wondering what it's like to be a Beagle...

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

You're Probably wondering what it's like to be a Beagle...

Post by Toronto Bob » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:20 pm

With tapes like this, I really don't care what the new album sounds like....

Alice Cooper
Providence Civic Center
Providence, RI
16 July 1975

Master audience recording taped by Dan Lampinski

01 intro
02 Welcome To My Nightmare
03 Years Ago
04 No More Mr. Nice Guy
05 Years Ago
06 Billion Dollar Babies
07 Years Ago
08 18
09 Years Ago
10 Some Folks
11 Cold Ethyl
12 Only Women Bleed
13 Devil's Food
14 The Black Widow (spliced)
15 Steven
16 Welcome To My Nightmare
17 Escape
18 School's Out
19 The Department Of Youth

Last show of the tour
A good recording, but lots of audience participation.

Sony TC-152SD Tape Recorder
Sony ECM-99 Stereo Microphone
Maxell cassettes

Mastered and FLAC'ed by Carl Morstadt

Master Cassette ->
Nakamichi CR-3A cassette deck with azimuth correction ->
M-Audio Firewire Audiophile 2496 ->
CDWAV 24-bit/96-KHz wav files ->
Goldwave (normalizing and crossfades) ->
CDWAV (track breaks) ->
FLAC Front End (FLAC 8)
FLAC files tagged with Foobar2000 Live Show Tagger

No EQ'ing.

A 16-bit/44.1-KHz flac16 version of this recording is also available.

Dan Lampinski recorded over 100 concerts in the Providence/Boston area, mostly between 1974 and 1978. His earliest recordings were made with an internal microphone deck, and though they are somewhat lo-fi compared to his later work, some very great moments in rock history were captured for posterity. In late 1974 he bought a Sony TC-152SD tape recorder, a Sony ECM-99 stereo microphone, and began using Maxell cassettes. He was also fortunate enough to have a friend who provided excellent taping seats for many shows, resulting in high quality recordings. In 1977, he switched over to a Nakamichi 550 tape recorder, two Nakamichi CM-300 microphones, and continued using Maxell cassettes.

He recorded many of the major 70's bands: Yes, Genesis, Pink Floyd, Queen, Blue Oyster Cult, Frank Zappa, Jethro Tull, ELP, Kiss, Black Sabbath, The Who, Al Stewart, Alice Cooper, Jeff Beck, Bruce Springsteen, Supertramp, Jean-Luc Ponty, Moody Blues, Neil Young, The Faces, Rush, Rick Wakeman, Kansas, as well as several "under the radar" acts.

Since Dan never traded copies of his recordings, they are all essentially uncirculated. Some copies were made for friends, but these releases are the first time most of these recordings have ever seen the light of day, and are direct from his master cassettes. No EQ'ing has been done to any of the transfers. Feel free to EQ, matrix, patch, etc and re-post if you like, just give Dan credit for the original recording.

Dan was very meticulous about taking good care of his tapes and is very pleased that these recordings will now circulate among the trading community. Please honour his kindness and generosity by sharing these recordings freely.

The transfers are available as 16bit/44.1KHz flac files suitable for CD burning, and also as 24bit/96KHz flac files for those who prefer the higher resolution.

Always remember - the more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you.

Kev & Carl
June 2009

The Lampinski series is simply amazing.

It sounds like stepping into a time machine, complete with annoying fans, just light up, close your eyes and you are there

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Re: You're Probably wondering what it's like to be a Beagle...

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:46 pm

Yea, Lampinski's 1975 KISS show is unbelievable!

I haven't listened to this on yet.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:36 pm

>Dan was very meticulous about taking good care of his tapes and is very pleased that these recordings will now circulate among the trading community. Please honour his kindness and generosity by sharing these recordings freely.

It's awfully nice of you to share this information with us, but this might be a breach of board rules.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:24 pm

This one is a grey area. As long as it isn`t being linked to, or offered, I suppose it doesn`t really break the rules of which allow discussion of such items.
I HAVE removed the email address as, if nothing else, I doubt Bob has permission to give out someone else's private email address to a forum they probably don`t even know about.
Please tread carefully people. Remember that offering to supply, or posting links to illegal recordings is not allowed here.

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:36 pm

That was just a c&p of the original notes included in the orginal torrent. I gave no link or offered to provide any recordings to anyone, just information of its' existence along with a short opinion on how great the recording is. Not unlike the listing of recordings (and their subjective ratings) offered on this very site. Hopefully you will be able to add this recording to that list.

I hope that cool, really didn't think I was going into anything objectionable.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:01 pm

>I gave no link or offered to provide any recordings to anyone, just information of its' existence along with a short opinion on how great the recording is.

No, you did a little more than that. I know you didn't think you were doing a bad thing, but you provided an email address, which Si removed. Even I was able to locate the material just by using that address.

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:19 pm

You're welcome