Alice's Comment On New 210 album

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Alice's Comment On New 210 album

Post by A_MichaelUK » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:08 am

>Redundant. This thread alone exemplifies that theory.

So how come people here are telling Alice what they want him to do, then?! The thread shows that the opposite of what you say is true.

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:51 pm

That was a very good interview! Thanks for sharing.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:43 pm

Are we already complaining about an album that hasn't even been recorded yet?

Geeze... you guys are a tough audience.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

jacknifejohnny
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by jacknifejohnny » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:43 pm

Just goes to show how high Alice originally set the bar.

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God

Post by GailsFriend » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:19 pm

I find it hilarious that people discuss Alice in a derogatory manner....as if there is another band, in the same style, making better music, with better lyrics, better production.

If there is one, they are reverent to Alice's contributions to Theatrical Rock. Seemingly, more so than the very "fans" of Alice.

If all the critics here can be honest with themselves, they would see there is NOT ANOTHER CHOICE. Accept it. Alice Rules. Period.

I really tried to get into Coheed and Cambria's mega concept albums, but alas, Claudio Sanchez's vocals start to wear on me, and the story line is muddled, and a lot of the compositions sound the same.
W.A.S.P.'s new album, Babylon, has 2 cover songs, and at least 3 songs that remind me of older W.A.S.P. songs, because Blackie is recycling his riffs.
Lizzy Borden? R.I.P.
King Diamond?.....zzzzzzzzzzboring.

Really, the critics here need to understand that there isn't another band/artist that can take the place of Alice. Accept it.
"What part of DEAD don't you get?"

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:15 pm

I knew there would be some misunderstanding. Some folks love to see red.

I think that I can speak for anyone who's ever posted here when I say that I revere Alice Cooper.

As I said before, I'd hate to be in that position, trying to figure out what I can do next that will please everyone. It must be maddening.

By stating my opinion, I am trying to give some air to the idea that a bit of a different approach would be welcomed on the next album.

I love the fact, and have stated it before, that we still have Alice to look forward to. I consider my reverence well placed, and would love to have this conversation with him personally. I will bet the house that he would be interested in hearing something other than vapid superlatives when discussing his work. I'm certain that he would agree with the notion that it's not always genuine ice cream.
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:28 pm

>As I said before, I'd hate to be in that position, trying to figure out what I can do next that will please everyone. It must be maddening.

Exactly.

>By stating my opinion, I am trying to give some air to the idea that a bit of a different approach would be welcomed on the next album.

There's nothing wrong with that. I'm still not clear what you thought was "Redundant", though.

> I will bet the house that he would be interested in hearing something other than vapid superlatives when discussing his work.

That's true. That's why I told him I didn't like "Along Came A Spider" very much.

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:37 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:
That's why I told him I didn't like "Along Came A Spider" very much.

How did he respond? The only conversation I've ever had with him was about my family and all of the friends I've made through the SickthingsUK forum.
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

TeresofBlood
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by TeresofBlood » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:05 pm

Dannorama wrote:
A_MichaelUK wrote:
That's why I told him I didn't like "Along Came A Spider" very much.

How did he respond?
I'd like to know the answer to that as well. I have to wonder if he looks at the album as the masterpiece it was marketed as, or something that is as good as it could have been under the circumstances (time constraints and producers).

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:14 pm

>How did he respond?

He disagreed with me, which was what I was hoping for.

BellaDonna
Killer
Killer

Post by BellaDonna » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:45 am

The man is "the artist". HE is putting out "the work". It's the same with any other ARTIST throughout TIME. He's going to do what HE wants to do (barring contracts etc...).

Can't we just let it 'BE'??? And look 'FORWARD' to it and 'NOT CRITIQUE IT" Before it even HAPPENS, mind you all... - as though ANY OF US could do it ANY better??? Maybe if he wasn't subjected to any of this: he'd put out something none of us could complain about. He'd be free again.

Good grief people! He's not putting out "brittney spearish or michael jacksonish" crap people! It's not like he's covering "Wham" for craps sakes! He's not putting out top 40 "poopy pop"!

Let it go...Somebody who's complaining about it: please for the love of whatever you hold important do it better - put it on youtube, market it on the internet, sell it on itunes (no wait, most don't like that either!) and try to do it better. Go Ahead. I'm waiting. Impress me. Please.

E.
(BD)
..We're finally alone. Wash the dust from your hair now, I don't care if you ever get home..

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:56 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:>How did he respond?

He disagreed with me, which was what I was hoping for.
That's good to hear.

The most important thing is Alice believes in his work.

Half on here probably prefer Dirty Diamonds to ACAS, I preferred ACAS but it is all about opinions.

I guess the majority would rate the 1971 - 1975 period as Alice Cooper's artistic peak, but we should be thankfull that he is still recording and touring, he has earnt the right to record what he wants.
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

TEENAGE NITEMARE
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by TEENAGE NITEMARE » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:46 am

well im glad that he says that musically it will be a bit different in my opinion ACAS all the songs sound sort of the same and hopefully this new charachter alice creates is very in depth. like steven not spider
That aint no big disgrace, where's my makeup where's my face

Jumping Jack
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Jumping Jack » Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:36 pm

Good news if Ernie is going to do the artwork. Maybe Coop is thinking of an old school effort this time. Maybe Ezrin can help out as well.
Caffeine! Caffeine!
Amphetamine
A little speed is all I need
Caffeine! Caffeine!