Vinyl re-release of "Easy Action"

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Petri
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Vinyl re-release of "Easy Action"

Post by Petri » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:43 pm

I recently purchased a vinyl re-release of "Easy Action". There isn't any mention of the release year, neither on the back cover nor on the labels (Palm Tree), but I assume that the release is fairly recent. I ordered the LP new and received it wrapped in plastic wrap. The vinyl is housed in a (thick) single sleeve (instead of gatefold) and the catalogue number is WS 1845. Does anyone know if this vinyl edition came out the same time as Rhino's CD re-release?

I listened to the album today and was a bit surprised to hear the "surprise outro" of "Below Your Means" being omitted - that is until I turned the record over and heard the outro kicking off the B-side. :laugh:
"A lot of people confuse me with Mel Gibson."
- The Coop, years ago

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Vinyl re-release of "Easy Action"

Post by A_MichaelUK » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:10 pm

> Does anyone know if this vinyl edition came out the same time as Rhino's CD re-release?

I don't think so. Is there any informaton about which country this from on the album cover or labels?

Petri
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Petri » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:22 pm

"Made in U.S.A." on labels.
- The Coop, years ago

damiennalice
Bouilliabase
Bouilliabase

Post by damiennalice » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:28 pm

>> that is until I turned the record over and heard the outro kicking off the B-side.

That is bizarre. Similar to what 8-tracks did. Also,where did you order it from? I did a quick look at Rohan Cox' site and didnt see anything that matches. If I were to guess, it might be pirated or at least unauthorised in some way.

Petri
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Petri » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:51 pm

I ordered the album from a Finnish record store. According to CDandLP.com, it was released on August 17, 2009 and is a "repro release of the original LP release".

http://www.cdandlp.com/item/2/0-2101-0- ... n-lp-.html
- The Coop, years ago

TeresofBlood
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by TeresofBlood » Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:44 am

They're all over ebay as well. This is an official release, but how it went under the radar is beyond me, and all of us, for that matter.

damiennalice
Bouilliabase
Bouilliabase

Post by damiennalice » Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:12 am

TeresofBlood wrote:They're all over ebay as well. This is an official release, but how it went under the radar is beyond me, and all of us, for that matter.

Upon further review I see you are correct. Too bad all have stock photos. Petri,maybe you can supply some pics of what you have?

In any event,with this release,Im to assume my sealed original copy is now going to go down in value. :(

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:43 am

damiennalice wrote:
TeresofBlood wrote:They're all over ebay as well. This is an official release, but how it went under the radar is beyond me, and all of us, for that matter.

Upon further review I see you are correct. Too bad all have stock photos. Petri,maybe you can supply some pics of what you have?

In any event,with this release,Im to assume my sealed original copy is now going to go down in value. :(

Why? This re-issue has a glitch and is not a gatefold.