AC online Shop

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

nurserozetta
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

AC online Shop

Post by nurserozetta » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:57 am

Any non americans ever brought anything from the AC.com shop ?

If so , how ?

Maurice
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: AC online Shop

Post by Maurice » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:29 am

I have tried several times now; but there does not seem to be an option to purchase outside the U.S. at present.

Two things seem to re-occur, one is that the item quantity starts with '2' even tho' I request '1', and then, when I choose a method of payment it defaults to confirmation of address which does not appear to permit an address outside of North America.

Frustratin' innit!?

All I can suggest is 'watch that space' it may change?
When life becomes more real than children's games
Or we've become too old to play them
My God.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:36 am

It has been reported and management are looking into it. to fix the problem.

nurserozetta
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by nurserozetta » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:04 am

Thanks Si

The email addy on the contact page also bounces back too .

Maurice
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Maurice » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:55 pm

nurserozetta wrote:Thanks Si

The email addy on the contact page also bounces back too .
Yeah I found that too!
My God.

nurserozetta
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by nurserozetta » Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:59 am

So they have fixed up the address issue so you can now order from overseas

BUT

The postage for 1 (ONE) Halloween T Shirt to Australia is quoted at $112.89 ( thats one hundred and twelve dollars for UPS postage )

FMD - I dont think I'll bother

Maurice
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Maurice » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:40 am

nurserozetta wrote:So they have fixed up the address issue so you can now order from overseas

BUT

The postage for 1 (ONE) Halloween T Shirt to Australia is quoted at $112.89 ( thats one hundred and twelve dollars for UPS postage )

FMD - I dont think I'll bother
I have not tried the UK shipping deal with this yet - since the issue was 'fixed' - but I have experienced a problem similar to this before.

I "think" this may have something to do with Customs and Excise Duty, rather than just Postage and Packing.

On a previous purchase (but through a different American based supplier) I bought what was quite an expensive shirt.

There was a significant delay with the despatch, and I was becoming anxious about it, as it was quite an expensive item. When it eventually turned up I had a card from the Post Office which advised there was Duty to pay. It was a bit like being held for ransom, as my shirt was at the local Post office, but they wanted what amounted to about another 40% of the purchase price, on top of which I had already paid P&P.

So, I'm guessing the price you have been quoted may include Duty; which could be why it seems so expensive.

The only way I know of, for artists or their merchandisers to circumvent the problem is to permit printing 'under licence' in the locality.
My God.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:25 pm

I would be happy to help anyone out in the UK (only). You can have the package sent to my address in San Diego and I will ship it for you. I will put " gift " on the customs sticker and a nominal amount in the value which should stop you paying any tax on it. I will let you know the postage it costs me and you can send that amount to my parents address in Liverpool.

Maurice
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Maurice » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:31 pm

pitkin88 wrote:I would be happy to help anyone out in the UK (only). You can have the package sent to my address in San Diego and I will ship it for you. I will put " gift " on the customs sticker and a nominal amount in the value which should stop you paying any tax on it. I will let you know the postage it costs me and you can send that amount to my parents address in Liverpool.
This is a very considerate offer; and I am hoping that you will not be inundated with too many requests!
My God.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:53 am

Maurice wrote:
pitkin88 wrote:I would be happy to help anyone out in the UK (only). You can have the package sent to my address in San Diego and I will ship it for you. I will put " gift " on the customs sticker and a nominal amount in the value which should stop you paying any tax on it. I will let you know the postage it costs me and you can send that amount to my parents address in Liverpool.
This is a very considerate offer; and I am hoping that you will not be inundated with too many requests!

I go to my post office box at least 3 times a week so it's not such a big deal. Just pm me if you need help.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:27 am

I just found out they won't ship to a PO Box. I think they use UPS which would explain it. The postage costs even for the US are pretty outrageous. I've used a PO Box for yrs as I had my mail stolen at my apt complex. Fear not as I can ship to my mother in-laws and pick it there. She only lives 5 mins away.