Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Re: keepin' halloween alive

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:40 am

>to be honest I don't even know if i tunes have charts

A simple search by you will reveal the answer.

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:03 am

just searched it since I have some time on my hands this morning (apple.com)..they do! no sign of alice that I could find (yet!)

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:41 pm

Maurice wrote:Well that is certainly good news!

I look forward to that; do you know if it will it be sold direct from AC.Com, Amazon or the usual retail outlets?
Not sure how much more I can really say as it hasn`t been announced yet (hence it's not on the news page). I understand it will be available at some shows and directly from AC.com, apparently for a limited time. There should be an official announcement very soon on AC.com etc with all the info.

Maurice
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Maurice » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:12 pm

Si wrote:

Not sure how much more I can really say as it hasn`t been announced yet (hence it's not on the news page). I understand it will be available at some shows and directly from AC.com, apparently for a limited time. There should be an official announcement very soon on AC.com etc with all the info.
OK Si, thankyou; will keep spider-eyes peeled.
When life becomes more real than children's games
Or we've become too old to play them
My God.

BUZZCOCK
Trash
Trash

Post by BUZZCOCK » Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:06 pm

I understand it is supposed to be a little lighthearted and fun, but ultimately for me, it doesn't quite work! The upside is the fact its a good way to test the water on releasing product initially on download. As I have said elsewhere, at least its not 'The Laughing Gnome'!!!!

Maurice
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Maurice » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:28 pm

BUZZCOCK wrote: at least its not 'The Laughing Gnome'!!!!

Well far from it I would say.

The Laughing Gnome was never a serious contender as a hit record, (in my view) and it came at the onset of the career of David Jones long before 'Bowie' was born.

The one idea that both may have in common, however, (again only my view), is that both are 'for the kids' - as Marc Bolan often used to say to Tony Visconti - Marc having contributed perhaps a little too much in that direction, historically.

Halloween is also 'for the kids' primarilly, notable on this, and Alices' official site by the level of attention that has been drawn to the Trick or Treat videos, and the Alice - Alike pix etc.

I think this is a smart move, and perhaps an endeavour to win over a whole new, and younger generation to continue the legend that is Alice Cooper.
When life becomes more real than children's games
Or we've become too old to play them
My God.

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:58 pm

Is he playing this live at any concerts and if not will he as Halloween beckons?
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

Devils Food
Killer
Killer

Post by Devils Food » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:09 pm

Even my kids thought this song was a joke. My 10 yr old daughter said "No way this is Alice Cooper this is terrible."

I would be embarrassed if they played this thing in the radio. Ooh scary Alice. :rotfl:

Why doesn't he go back to trying to creep us out instead of trying to be cute and campy. None of it works for me anymore except the live show. I've been waiting for something to be recorded for a while now that had any true meaning. "Six Hours" was the last song that did that for me.

TeresofBlood
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by TeresofBlood » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:57 pm

recoop wrote:Is he playing this live at any concerts and if not will he as Halloween beckons?
Though it would be logical to include it at least on Halloween night, but this is Alice we're talking about. Once there is a formula, there is little deviation, at least lately. I saw him Halloween night last year. The only addition to the show I could tell was after the end of "Elected", he screamed "HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!"

TonyfromNH
Killer
Killer

Post by TonyfromNH » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:01 pm

Devils Food wrote:Even my kids thought this song was a joke. My 10 yr old daughter said "No way this is Alice Cooper this is terrible."

I would be embarrassed if they played this thing in the radio. Ooh scary Alice. :rotfl:

It's a novelty song that is appropriate "fun" for Halloween. It is what it is, simple goofy fun. How it was intended. People get their "panties in a bunch" over such simple things.
I love a waitress who loves to...flirt!

TeresofBlood
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by TeresofBlood » Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:17 pm

I had a glorious halloween party last night. My brother and his girlfriend went all out decorating the house and we had about 40 people there. Of course it was my job to make the playlist. As you can imagine it heavily included Alice, Rob Zombie, The Murder Dolls, Wednesday 13, Ozzy Osbourne, as well as some Halloween mix CDs I bought that included Don't Fear the Reaper, Monster Mash, I'm Your Boogeyman, Time Warp, Ghostbusters, Werewolves of London, and then another CD that featured sound fx and themes from the great horror films. It was a thing of beauty.

And what a beautiful night in Massachusetts. It was 70 degrees outside. It rained for a little while, but I welcomed it, as it was so hot in my house. I was dressed as a prison inmate and I went out and stood in the rain. Someone yelled out to my that it was a scene right out of the Shawshank Redemption.

The saddest part is, I was the one taking pictures all night, so I'm in very few. And Halloween is my Christmas!

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:43 am

It's available for sale now:

http://shopping.netsuite.com/s.nl/c.973 ... id.4598/.f

$24.99 is a bit steep...
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:56 am

Holy $#(%, I just went to order one and the shipping options are:

Shipping Method
3-Day – $11.88
UPS Ground – $8.71
UPS Next Day – $40.51

C'mon....

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:27 pm

That`s a steal. No really!. To get it to the UK they want $101.33 in postage!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Total price for ONE song on CD = $126.32

Absurd.

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:28 pm

Unfortunately, using UPS as the shipper, those prices are all probably actual UPS shipping charges. Shipping charges have risen a lot over the past few years....

And if they don't use UPS, they risk USPS losing them....

Hunter

Rocketdog
Trash
Trash

Post by Rocketdog » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:36 pm

Sort of OT...anybody else here submit a picture to the "Alice-alike photo" section? I'm still waiting for mine to show up there.

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:29 pm

Si wrote:That`s a steal. No really!. To get it to the UK they want $101.33 in postage!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Absurd.
I send an email to their custumorsservice.
It keeps bouncing no wonder with those prices !!! :angry:

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:31 pm

Is their a kind fan in the US who is willing to buy me a copy and send it over to Europe (Netherlands).
Of course all cost will be prepaid and I will throw some extra's for you.

thank you,

eric Slangen

mail me at snake@home.nl

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:35 pm

Si wrote:That`s a steal. No really!. To get it to the UK they want $101.33 in postage!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Absurd.

I just helped out a fellow board member In Australia. They were quoting outrageous postage. Anyway he shipped it to me ( t'shirt and tour programme )and I sent it from the US. The total was $20 for the postage. I'd be glad to help out as long as it doesn't turn into a cottage industry mind. LOL.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:35 am

I think I'll skip this... paying $33+ for one song just doesn't jive with my conscience.

As far as the UPS deal, I don't buy it. Amazon and many other retailers manage to ship CDs via USPS at reasonable rates every day of the week except Sunday.