keepin' halloween alive

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Master Shake
Killer
Killer

Re: keepin' halloween alive

Post by Master Shake » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:41 am

Just listened to it, I quite like certainly far from bad anyway!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pxl3JglEbYw

but still why iTunes :guntohead:
(im part of an Apple hate squad... yeah I just made up my own group and yes I feel mighty satisfied)

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:04 am

but still why iTunes
Why not?

As for the song. Not terrible. Not the greatest. It's just "there" and obviously meant for fun, not to try to compete to be his "magnum opus." Think of it as his "Slick Black Limousine" for 2009.
Me = Winning

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:27 am

but still why iTunes
Well, that's the way the market is these days. Certainly it would not be bought as as CD single. I'm sure the mp3 will be available somewhere and if not, one can convert the iTunes format.

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:53 am

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:I'm not the world's biggest iTunes supporter in the world, but all these people saying "I don't have iTunes" leaves me scratching my head.

It's is a free download at http://www.apple.com. You can download and install it. You don't have to own an iPod or anything.

The "album" is only $1.99 to purchase with both versions and the artwork. But each can be purchased individually for only 99 cents.
the problem is i neither want nor need music on my puter, nor do i want to have to clutter it up w/ needless programs & downloads to hear stuff that i should have got when i paid money for the album. i play music in my bedroom etc, not where the puter is, so what use is the i-tunes or i-tunes songs to me? i don't want something ephemeral that i'd have to burn off anyway if i want to play it anywhere but my puter, or something that might get lost due to a puter crash etc. i want a disc. a case. a booklet. and i certainly don't want anything on my puter by Apple, after the debacle that is Quicktime.
personally, i think putting extra tracks out only on a format that people don't have (or perhaps can't have, if they don't have a puter) was a bit of a spit in the face.
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:02 am

killer wolf wrote:i think putting extra tracks out only on a format that people don't have (or perhaps can't have, if they don't have a puter) was a bit of a spit in the face.
I'm sure the same thing can be said when some of the first 8-Track or Cassette only releases came out when LPs were still around. Of course, for one non-album song they were actually smart to released it on iTunes. To put one song on to a CD would be a complete waste of space, plastic and money.

As far as your dilemma... you could always get iTunes, download the music (buy several tracks if you want to make it worth it,) and then burn it to the CD.
Me = Winning

TEENAGE NITEMARE
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by TEENAGE NITEMARE » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:41 am

i like this its catchy good work alice!!!!
That aint no big disgrace, where's my makeup where's my face

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:58 am

the problem is i neither want nor need music on my puter, nor do i want to have to clutter it up w/ needless programs & downloads to hear stuff that i should have got when i paid money for the album. i play music in my bedroom etc, not where the puter is, so what use is the i-tunes or i-tunes songs to me? i don't want something ephemeral that i'd have to burn off anyway if i want to play it anywhere but my puter, or something that might get lost due to a puter crash etc. i want a disc. a case. a booklet. and i certainly don't want anything on my puter by Apple, after the debacle that is Quicktime.
personally, i think putting extra tracks out only on a format that people don't have (or perhaps can't have, if they don't have a puter) was a bit of a spit in the face.
Sorry mate, the world has gone technology mad. It seems we can't function as a civilisation anymore without computer technology. Turn them off and people don't know how to talk, write letters, socialize, spell. They are used for exercise, flying planes, operating traffic lights, making music....just about everything! Irony here is; Cooper doesn't have a PC apparently!

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:01 pm

Anyone else here kinda think that this song is a bit of poking fun at the conservative Christians that get on his case???????

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:08 pm

I'm not a big fan of iTunes, and I never used it until I got my iPhone (which I love).

But this is the only way a project like this makes any sense in today's world. There are no record stores to carry a CD single, and places like Best Buy already don't stock but a handful of titles by any artist---they're not going to bother with a CD single.

Plus, distributing it this way costs Alice (Alive) very little. No manufacturing costs (aside from the time spent making the booklet and ad images) and tons of free online publicity. Record it, put it up via iTunes, and make money without some record label keeping all of the profits.

That is why we're seeing this kind of thing more and more.....

Hunter

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:12 pm

SickThings wrote:I'm not a big fan of iTunes, and I never used it until I got my iPhone (which I love).

But this is the only way a project like this makes any sense in today's world. There are no record stores to carry a CD single, and places like Best Buy already don't stock but a handful of titles by any artist---they're not going to bother with a CD single.

Plus, distributing it this way costs Alice (Alive) very little. No manufacturing costs (aside from the time spent making the booklet and ad images) and tons of free online publicity. Record it, put it up via iTunes, and make money without some record label keeping all of the profits.

That is why we're seeing this kind of thing more and more.....

Hunter

Exactly. Ask yourself this... would you rather have a new tune available via download only or nothing new at all inbetween studio albums?

I think it's a cool bonus track. It would be great if inbetween major release Alice continued to release a new song once every 6 months or so in this manner.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

daytripper
Dada God
Dada God

Post by daytripper » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:16 pm

:clap: I have to agree....something is better than nothing. I hope it catches on and we continue to hear it next year for Halloween, and the year after that...and so ...and so on... :laugh:
* for being a brat, refusing to act your age*
* http://www.myspace.com/daytripper63 *

Parish
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Parish » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:23 pm

daytripper wrote:I hope it catches on and we continue to hear it next year for Halloween, and the year after that...and so ...and so on... :laugh:

You mean like keepin' it alive honey, 365?

Master Shake
Killer
Killer

Post by Master Shake » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:06 pm

WickedYoungMan wrote:
but still why iTunes
Why not?
I meant it more tongue in cheek ;)

as I said I just dont like Apple, I understand why :grin:

Jumping Jack
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Jumping Jack » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:08 pm

Sweet. Nice little bit to drop in the encore this month!!!
Caffeine! Caffeine!
Amphetamine
A little speed is all I need
Caffeine! Caffeine!

Give the kid a break
Killer
Killer

Post by Give the kid a break » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:03 am

I have to agree w/Parish on this one, the song is a bit goofy.

Nice effort and perfect holiday & all, why wouldn't Alice put out a Halloween song? However, to me it sounds like it was thrown together w/out much effort, just some rhyming lyrics. The music is great, I like the guitar and all, but it seems like the song is .. beneath him, you know? Former lee Warmer is a perfect example, what a great haunting song. Even previous songs like "Tag, your it" and "Skeletons in my closet" are fun & catchy w/out sounding like they are reaching, you know?

I love the Coop, really I do, I've been a fan since I was a young kid, & it pains me to not like some of his new stuff. I guess when I hear he has new material my expectations are very high, and then when I hear it i'm like "oh, thats it?" and I'm a little disapointed.

But hey, the new show is great so he still has his charisma and swagger, which i LOVE :clap:
Don't know why i'm down here, must be something I said.......

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:21 am

While this new seasonal tune is no Celine Dion's My Heart Will Go On, maybe Alice wanted it to be fun and a bit flashy like many Halloween costumes you'll see this year. Sometimes ghoulish garb that's just thrown together with scotch tape and spit comes across better than a serious, time-consuming costume. Not saying this song is cheap or easy to make by any means, but it just screams 'tongue in cheek'.
And that's good enough for me. :drink:
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

trashed
Trash
Trash

Post by trashed » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:45 am

I love that Alice keeps releasing new songs. I honestly think that 2/3rds of Along Came a Spider is classic Alice!

This song is dreadful. And hugely disapointing given it's a "single" release. The Karaoke version is better than the actual song!

Its incredibly lazy. I'm very surprised that any of you are seriously enjoying it?

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:22 am

For me, this is just Alice havin fun...could see this tacked to an advert..the thing for me is the guy writing the songs has grown up and can have a bit of fun without adhering to a serously dark image..well pop pickers I don't think its a hit but nice to hear anyway...
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

Jumping Jack
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Jumping Jack » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:34 am

A lot of you may think far too much about your music. There was probably more thought given to this than any AC/DC or Kiss song.

Hey, its only rock and roll ...
Kinda reminds me of that scholarly classic Rip This Joint
Caffeine! Caffeine!
Amphetamine
A little speed is all I need
Caffeine! Caffeine!

Parish
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Parish » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:19 pm

Give the kid a break wrote:
I guess when I hear he has new material my expectations are very high, and then when I hear it i'm like "oh, thats it?" and I'm a little disapointed.
http://www.bribiersl.com.au/images/club ... o_card.jpg