SHOCKER-Alice Not nominated again! but.............

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

SHOCKER-Alice Not nominated again! but.............

Post by scotty » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:32 am

KISS is,along with monster rockers like Abba,Donna summer,and sheik.Oh,and genesis.I'm a big kiss fan,but I really struggle with them getting in before coop,but then again when I think about the disco acts going in,I guess I'm somewhat pleased.as you might recall,supposedly alice had stated that if kiss goes in before him,don't bother.would love to see him throw it back at them IF they were to ever come to their senses...
this place should just be the music hall of fame I think.
sighs all around....

Maurice
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: SHOCKER-Alice Not nominated again! but.............

Post by Maurice » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:57 am

I hear what you say scotty; and frustrating for Alice fans as this is, I think I would be more shocked if he actually 'got in', (assuming Alice still wants that).

The more 'general' the choice of nomination, the more it de-values itself.

What you describe above is just 'business as usual' isn't it?
When life becomes more real than children's games
Or we've become too old to play them
My God.

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:24 am

yes indeed maurice.I used to be proud of this place being a clevelander born and raised,and it is a very beautiful place that for the most part has gotten it right.I guess the ommission coupled with some very strange choices to go in has soured me as bad as I can be.Cleveland also lost a cooperstown restaurant that I was a regular at! have to wonder why 2007-09 has seen alice play toledo,columbus,and I think westlake (where he played a HS auditorium,albeit a huge one),but no cleveland where we have the tower city ampitheater,public hall,quicken loans arena,the nautica stage,and several ball parks.I think anyone associated in making these decisions has in fact put a ban on us! You might recall Toledo went many years without a cooper show after mike bruce got hit with a bottle,so I know these things happen even in alice's camp and I wouldn't blame him.Not our fault though if that's the case.does seem odd cleveland was always a stop...

Maurice
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Maurice » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:31 am

How frustrating!

What I don't get tho' - and perhaps you can confirm this, if you have been there - aren't Alices' famed B$B Leopard Skin Platform Boots in the R&R HoF?, (and other stuff of his too?)

I seem to remember Alice saying that he sometimes visits them to feed them, and give them a saucer of milk!?

But that alone seems to be something of a contradiction in itself?
My God.

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:59 am

yup,maurice the boots are there.It's been a while since I've been there,but I am 90% sure a bloody top hat of his is there (I believe) from the nightmare returns show as well.But getting that signature on the top floor is the validation that every coop fan wants I think.

Parish
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Parish » Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:27 pm

Kiss has openly stated on numerous occasions that Alice Cooper was THE influence and inspiration for their band. Dennis Dunaway's axe bass from the Billion Dollar Babies/Battle Axe shows were the inspiration for Gene Simmons Axe bass.

The RARHOF is a ridiculous institution, almost laughable

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:27 pm

Keep in mind guys that the Hall of Fame Museum in Cleveland and the HOF Institution out of New York are pretty much two different organizations. You can't really or fairly fault the museum for the shortcomings of the institution that does the inductions and vice versa.

Now, I don't want to take anything away from the likes of KISS or Genesis, but the fact that KISS is in before Alice just shows what little credibility the institution has.
Me = Winning

RisingForce73
Trash
Trash

Post by RisingForce73 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:28 pm

The Hall is run by BabyBoomers that hate Alice because his popularity pretty much was the nail in the coffin to the flower power love and peace movement in the 60s.

Parish
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Parish » Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:30 pm

Parish wrote:Kiss has openly stated on numerous occasions that Alice Cooper was THE influence and inspiration for their band. Dennis Dunaway's axe bass from the Billion Dollar Babies/Battle Axe shows was the inspiration for Gene Simmons Axe bass.

The RARHOF is a ridiculous institution, almost laughable

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:44 pm

RisingForce73 wrote:The Hall is run by BabyBoomers that hate Alice because his popularity pretty much was the nail in the coffin to the flower power love and peace movement in the 60s.
I'm sure if that was the case they wouldn't have allowed people such as Black Sabbath and now KISS, etc.
Me = Winning

Parish
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Parish » Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:51 pm

http://blogs.creativeloafing.com/cribno ... ls_hof.jpg

The Sex Pistols aka JR has the right idea...

Jumping Jack
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Jumping Jack » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:36 pm

Wenner is a prissy little wuss who hates conservatives. This is about politics, not music.

Iggy and Gene should give Coop props during their speaches if they have any class.
Caffeine! Caffeine!
Amphetamine
A little speed is all I need
Caffeine! Caffeine!

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:37 pm

knowing gene he will probably just promote the new album!!!!!!!

Parish
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Parish » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:51 pm

scotty wrote:knowing gene he will probably just promote the new album!!!!!!!
YOU know GENE!?

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:55 pm

It's bad enough that Alice has been eligible for fifteen years and they keep ignoring him. But to nominate Kiss before him....well, that's just so unbelievably WRONG for so many reasons. The weirdest part is that the critics have always hated Kiss and have always made it very clear that they preferred Alice Cooper who they felt was the original. And some of those critics are on the nominating committee which makes it all the more strange.

So the big question becomes: Why would this happen when the rock critics have always preferred Alice Cooper and felt Alice Cooper was the trail blazer? The answer must mean that the decision is not based only on the artist's rock career but on other "personal" factors. Someone doesn't seem to either like Alice's lifestyle: his political views, his conservative religious views, the golf, etc. or maybe they just don't like him for some personal reason. But this decision shows that the artist's rock career is not the only deciding factor.

I mean, how can they possibly justify nominating Kiss before Alice Cooper?! Not fair at all.

Oh and for the record, don't blame the city of Cleveland and the Hall of Fame Museum. The nominating committee is based in New York.

Maurice
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Maurice » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:12 pm

glamprincess wrote:
So the big question becomes: Why would this happen when the rock critics have always preferred Alice Cooper and felt Alice Cooper was the trail blazer?

To quote Alice;-

"Maybe I trod on somebodys spectacles or somethin'!"
My God.

Parish
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Parish » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:19 pm

I also think that actual validation of his career would make many folks there uncomfortable for not properly acknowledging it when it was happening...

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:22 pm

Parish wrote:I also think that actual validation of his career would make many folks there uncomfortable for not properly acknowledging it when it was happening...
I hear what you're saying but those folks HATED Kiss and acknowledged Kiss even less than Alice! Rolling Stone didn't even put Kiss on their cover but put Alice on the cover twice. So why would they recognize Kiss if that were the reason? It makes me think that there's got to be more to it.

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:30 pm

[quote="Parish"][quote="scotty"]knowing gene he will probably just promote the new album!!!!!!![/quote]

YOU know GENE!?[/quote]

I've grown accustomed to the way he acts publicly,so I felt comfortable saying that,yes.he's a marketing genius and I think whatever it was they were selling at the time he would mention!

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:31 pm

Let's not kid ourselves, Kiss is not going to get in this time.

I will eat my words if they get in on their first nomination, but I just don't see it happening.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."