SHOCKER-Alice Not nominated again! but.............

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Dave Conway
Dada God
Dada God

Re: SHOCKER-Alice Not nominated again! but.............

Post by Dave Conway » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:52 pm

The Stooges. Great! But the others.......I mean, come on!?!?
...And personally, I don't care.

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:01 pm

Last year, I believe the Stooges said if they got inducted that they would want Alice Cooper to introduce them at the ceremony. They didn't get enought induction votes last year. So now that they got the votes this year, are they still going to ask Alice to do the intro?
And if they do, won't that make for an interesting ceremony......

Dave Conway
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dave Conway » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:01 pm

Hmmm!
...And personally, I don't care.

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Post by kevinuk81 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:22 pm

They should ask Johnny Rotten to induct them.
Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.

damiennalice
Bouilliabase
Bouilliabase

Post by damiennalice » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:00 am

I think it'd be cool if Iggy spread peanut butter all over himself ala Alice make-up while accepting. :alice:

damiennalice
Bouilliabase
Bouilliabase

Post by damiennalice » Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:21 pm

**NEWSFLASH**

I think I may have uncovered a conspiracy against Alice !!

I was at my local FYE store yesterday. As always I look at the Alice bin first. They had something there called "Triple Feature". Its a Sony repackaging of Trash,HS and TLT. It was cheap AND on sale so I purchased it as a collectable. When I got home I looked at my receipt. It listed something that I had not purchased so I took a closer look....

FYE's own price label/scan sticker has this Alice purchase listed as DAN FOGELBERG !!!

I think Im on to something here people. We have to fight this. Tomorrow it could be listed as Leo Sayer or Stephen Bishop or even Andy Gibb !!

MonsterDog
Dada God
Dada God

Post by MonsterDog » Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:31 pm

>Tomorrow it could be listed as Leo Sayer or Stephen Bishop or even Andy Gibb !!

Ahh- "When I Need You", "On and On", and "I Just Wanna Be Your Everything"- 3 classics that should be in everyones music library! :blush: *jk*

Maybe we need not try to dig so deeply into the reasons for this snub. Alice is a polarizing personality and if the nominations are decided simply by this Wenner cat and his friends, perhaps they just don't like him.
I would agree that any personal feelings should be overlooked in favor of Alice's achievement, but if that's not possible for this bunch then it just isn't. There may be no sinister conspiracy at all, other than personal taste.
I don't know if the things I'm thinking are normal thoughts or not!

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:37 pm

MonsterDog wrote: There may be no sinister conspiracy at all, other than personal taste.
I don't think it was really implied that there was a "sinister conspiracy" exactly as that seems a bit severe. On the other hand, I find the "personal taste" theory an insufficient explanation. As has been explained on these Hall of Fame threads previously, the members of the Nominating Committee have been known to really dislike Kiss, for example, Wenner's magazine would not put Kiss on the cover even during Kiss' heyday. And yet, they nominated Kiss this year anyways. And I find it hard to believe that all nominees have always been personal favourites all the time.

damiennalice
Bouilliabase
Bouilliabase

Post by damiennalice » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:39 pm

To somewhat keep this thread going,I have found another "personal perspective" quote from a Stevie Ray Vaughan site that is similar to our argument on Alice's induction. In part it states ....

By the way, don't forget it takes a lot of money to operate the Rock Hall + Musuem, and the induction ceremony is their largest fundraising project. So commercially successful (and living) artists are likely to have a leg up in the voting. Also, the Rock Hall has a strong tie to Rolling Stone magazine, and Stevie has not exactly filled its pages over the years.

To read the entire passage go here and page down to near the bottom. http://www.stevieray.com/faq.htm

MonsterDog
Dada God
Dada God

Post by MonsterDog » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:33 pm

glamprincess wrote:
MonsterDog wrote: There may be no sinister conspiracy at all, other than personal taste.
I don't think it was really implied that there was a "sinister conspiracy" exactly as that seems a bit severe. On the other hand, I find the "personal taste" theory an insufficient explanation. As has been explained on these Hall of Fame threads previously, the members of the Nominating Committee have been known to really dislike Kiss, for example, Wenner's magazine would not put Kiss on the cover even during Kiss' heyday. And yet, they nominated Kiss this year anyways. And I find it hard to believe that all nominees have always been personal favourites all the time.

Sorry glamprincess,you make a fair point. I didn't mean to sound so dramatic with the whole "sinister conspiracy" thing, but in reading this thread, there have been what I would consider accusations of conspiracy on the part of the nominating committee whether it be for conservatism or Christianity on Alice's part.
It's also fair of you to say that it's hard to believe that nominations are based on personal favoritism. I guess the point of my comment is that I have seen no proof or comment from the committee that there are any reasons at all why they don't nominate Alice. Everyone here agrees that the criteria have been met. So if an assumption or speculation can be made that there is conspiracy, then the assumption or speculation can be made that it's personal taste. All may be a factor. And none may be. Unless the commitee tells us, we don't know. :)
I don't know if the things I'm thinking are normal thoughts or not!

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:59 am

On Topic:
If you want a real kick in the teeth from Wenner, get this article

THis guy is a real idiot and obviously doesn`t live in the real world.
R&R Hall of Shame indeed.

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:24 am

Si wrote:On Topic:

Just.......wow.

No matter who they pick, some fans will feel their artist/band was snubbed....but to just decide that a generation of musicians has been tapped out as far as nominations and inductions go? Good grief!

*brick*

I still think if Alice and Cheap Trick were to tour together again, they should call it the "Too Cool for the RnR Hall of Shame Tour." :evil:
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:24 pm

Si wrote:On Topic:

I agree, he is an idiot. There are so many deserving artists still from the 60s and 70s (never mind the early and mid-80s too) that have still not been inducted. For example, I was surprised that 60s group The Hollies are only being inducted this year. And Alice Cooper has not been nominated but yes, they should change the rules so some new band can get inducted instead!! Shame on him.

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:08 pm

That's exactly what the hall needs; lets make it more hip and cool with the young audience.

I need a beer. ::((:
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...