New Alice Cooper Album On The Way : Opinions And Wishes!

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Holly Grail
Killer
Killer

New Alice Cooper Album On The Way : Opinions And Wishes!

Post by Holly Grail » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:43 pm

Well , well well... as we all know the new alice album is already on the way :clap: (songwritting) :clap: and alice is gonna hit the studio early in 2010 :grin: .Alice has spoken about a "new character"(and maybe a surprising producer) on it .. so

1)what are your opinions for his plans of the album ?
2)what kind of album do you wish it to be ?

Maybe it's too early but we all have some opinions as we have listened to all of his albums.

My opinion: i know that he could perfectly use his new character as a villain again ... but i'd love him to be a dark superhero ... just a thought.. :grin:
Last edited by Holly Grail on Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jumping Jack
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: New Alice Cooper Album On The Way : Opinions And Wishes!

Post by Jumping Jack » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:17 pm

My preference would be a CD with his touring band that reflects the sound, attitude and energy of his live show. Keri and Damon can rock like Angus and Malcom, put the focus on writing some great riffs that can be incorporated in the next tour. There are 5 songs off Black Ice being done live this tour, no reason Coop can't do the same.

For me, the story, lyrics, concept are trivial and secondary to great song writing. Forget the studio tricks and go back to basics. Schools Out, Nice Guy, Wheels, Elected are not about gore, they are about killer riffs. Maybe Coop should go listen to some Chuck Berry before hitting the studio.
Caffeine! Caffeine!
Amphetamine
A little speed is all I need
Caffeine! Caffeine!

Jaded
Garric Stalker
Garric Stalker

Post by Jaded » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:34 pm

Chuck, Chuck and more CHUCK!!! :HEART:
I take life with a grain of salt...
A wedge of lime, and a shot of tequila.

Robbie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Robbie » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:37 pm

Listen to Chuck Berry?!! He only had a variation of one riff and the same chord pattern for virtually every song (mind you what a riff!!).

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:39 pm

Holly Grail wrote:1)what are your opinions for his plans of the album ?
Believe it when I see it!
Holly Grail wrote:2)what kind of album do you wish it to be ?
A good one.
Holly Grail wrote:Maybe it's too early but we all have some opinions as we have listened to all of his albums.
I have basically realized that when Alice speaks of future plans, that his "plans" and "reality" don't tend to meet up down the road a lot. So I try not to get too excited.
Holly Grail wrote:My opinion: i know that he could perfectly use his new character as a villain again ... but i'd love him to be a dark superhero ... just a thought.. :grin:
Well the villain in the last album ended up being quite flawed, and I don't mean by any genius planning either. Let's hope that if he does decide to do a concept in the future that they (they being hey and whatever producer or songwriters he use) do it a little more carefully & with better craft than ACAS.

Other than that, as long as Tiffany is featured quite prominently on the album artwork then I'm fine (and here's to sincerely hoping that Piggy D & Gabrielle get the artistic keys again.)
Me = Winning

daytripper
Dada God
Dada God

Post by daytripper » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:36 pm

I would love to see an album with the touring band. But I feel it would require extra writing time that cant be found soon. (busy people)
I love to watch KK and Damon and Chuck on stage. :clap: They go together so good. :rock: And I love all the drummers. :grin:
I think a good Rockin album is just what we need. No real story....just Garage or Rock with some catchy lyrics that Alice is dreamin up. :alice:
* for being a brat, refusing to act your age*
* http://www.myspace.com/daytripper63 *

Swinger
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Swinger » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:37 pm

You know what, I don't really care much about what he does with the new album. Why? Because there's something I love about every single album he (and the ACG) have put out so I'm confident no matter what he or they (as in producer, band etc.) do with the next album I will like it in one way or another.
"You, sir, are a demented, sick, degenerate, barbaric, naughty freako."

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:44 pm

>There are 5 songs off Black Ice being done live this tour, no reason Coop can't do the same.

It's almost like the discussions here of the last few weeks or so (and that go back as far as last year) never existed.

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:53 pm

Jumping Jack wrote: Maybe Coop should go listen to some Chuck Berry before hitting the studio.
Sorry, but that almost sounds like Alice Cooper is a young artist just getting started in his rock career and he is being given some much-needed advice about other artists he should emulate and learn from. Considering that Alice Cooper has been in the business for forty years and been involved in the songwriting of many classic rock songs and knows more about rock n' roll than practically anyone, does he really need to be told to listen to Chuck Berry to learn about rock riffs? It's not like he's never written rock songs before.....
Last edited by glamprincess on Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

revinkevin
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by revinkevin » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:22 pm

Loose the two producers you had on ACAS. They got way to happy playing with the dials.Underneath all that production was a very good cd. Get the touring band involved with the writing and recording and leave the studio musicians out of the mix. And keep rocking. It's what you do best.

Cozzie
Killer
Killer

Post by Cozzie » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:53 am

Maybe he could re-record one of his early eighties albums!

I can dream can't I...

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:14 am

Swinger wrote:You know what, I don't really care much about what he does with the new album. Why? Because there's something I love about every single album he (and the ACG) have put out so I'm confident no matter what he or they (as in producer, band etc.) do with the next album I will like it in one way or another.
Well said. I'm keeping my expectations in check as per usual.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

Jumping Jack
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Jumping Jack » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:24 am

Coop has stated many times his early influences were the Beatles, Rolling Stones, the Yardbirds, and The Who all of whom were obviously heavily influenced by Chuck Berry.

My preference (as requested by the original poster) is for a CD that reflects his early influences and does not get side tracked by technology and studio trickery that does not translate well to the stage like ACAS.

I do think AC/DC is a valid comparison as a hard rocking classic rock band that currently has a top selling CD and tour. They have not lost focus on what made them great and have not meandered into less popular styles.

I would like to Coop return to his early 70s influences. It would not hurt to ask What Would Chuck Berry Do? It also wouldn't hurt to ask What Would Ezrin Strip Out or Simplify?

My 2 cents. What is your preference?
Caffeine! Caffeine!
Amphetamine
Caffeine! Caffeine!

Somwhere In Auckland
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Somwhere In Auckland » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:45 am

Personally I dont care, so excited the Coop is making another album so soon, cant wait to hear what he comes up with. Bring on 2010 :clap:

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:30 pm

I hope that he takes his time and presents us with a concise and enjoyable album of songs filled with great melody and variety.

As always, I'd love to get Ezrin back as producer. But! Wouldn't a Martin Birch or a Rick Rubin be great?

Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:18 pm

Jumping Jack wrote:Coop has stated many times his early influences were the Beatles, Rolling Stones, the Yardbirds, and The Who all of whom were obviously heavily influenced by Chuck Berry.

My preference (as requested by the original poster) is for a CD that reflects his early influences and does not get side tracked by technology and studio trickery that does not translate well to the stage like ACAS.

I would like to Coop return to his early 70s influences. It would not hurt to ask What Would Chuck Berry Do? It also wouldn't hurt to ask What Would Ezrin Strip Out or Simplify?

My 2 cents. What is your preference?
There's nothing wrong with saying that one would like an album that was influenced by Chuck Berry.

I also think killer riffs and great music are the most important elements for a great album. My preference? I would love for Alice to put out another album like "Billion Dollar Babies" or "Welcome to My Nightmare". But I also recognize that most veteran bands are not producing the music that measures up to their previous masterpieces. For example, have the last Rolling Stones albums been like "Exile on Main Street" or the last Who albums been like "Who's Next"? I guess we live in another era nowadays. I am happy at this point that Alice is still active and putting out new material and he still puts on a live rock show that is second to none.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:26 pm

Jumping Jack wrote: Coop has stated many times his early influences were the Beatles, Rolling Stones, the Yardbirds, and The Who all of whom were obviously heavily influenced by Chuck Berry.

Did we not get that with "The Eyes of Alice Cooper" and "Dirty Diamonds"? At least Alice seemed to think so. Heck "Sunset Babies" sounds very much like a Rolling Stones song to me.

In regard to Ezrin, the only person that knows what Bob Ezrin would strip out or simplify is.... Bob Ezrin. You simply can't conjure up what he would do and recreate it authentically without the man himself no matter how hard you try.

All I can say is I'm *thrilled* that Alice is ready to do another album... there's worthwhile material on every album he's ever done.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

Jumping Jack
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Jumping Jack » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:41 pm

GP, I agree with you about the Stones, except that their next CD will be even better than the 72 version of EOM. This fall they are releasing yet another remaster of EOM, but this time it will have some outtakes completed and included, and bundled with a DVD with perhaps some more of the 72 MSG show Dick Cavett shot. They are releasing an expanded version of YaYas as well. The Stones did play 7 songs fromm ABB on the last tour, 4-5 with some regularity, and 2-3 of them were pretty good live.

Keef is very arthritic, Moonie and Ox are gone, so there will be no more great CDs from them, although Pete is working on a new concept CD based on a 60 year old rock star so it may have some relevance to people other than those in teenage wasteland (not that there is anything wrong with that, I seem to have spent much of my life there, LOL). Having seen Coop and the Stones together, and Coop and The Two on successive nights in Boston last fall, I can tell you that both the Stones and Who still put on great shows, but have nothing on Coop's current band.

Let hope Coop finds a way to best utilize his band's talents to come up with the next B$B!!! I know they have the ability to still knock one out of the park, or should I say, score a hole in one!
Caffeine! Caffeine!
Amphetamine
Caffeine! Caffeine!

Jumping Jack
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Jumping Jack » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:55 pm

RI, I agree that Eyes and DD had some great rockers on them, ACAS maybe not so much. Take 4 or 5 from Eyes and DD, combine them, and there is one helluva of a CD IMHO.

It would not break my heart to see Sunset Babies put back in the live show. It is a very underrated song.
Caffeine! Caffeine!
Amphetamine
Caffeine! Caffeine!

Dave Conway
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dave Conway » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:56 pm

I agree with Dannorama's post above. I just want him to take his time over it and produce something really well finished, ACAS always sounds a bit rushed to me.
...And personally, I don't care.