Billion Dollar Baby

mike pinera

Post by nurserozetta » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:01 am

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Re: mike pinera

Post by pitkin88 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:39 am

Starts off good and then rapidly goes down hill.

damiennalice
Bouilliabase
Bouilliabase

Post by damiennalice » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:03 am

I had the great pleasure of seeing the Classic Rock All-stars in 2003. A friend asked me to go with him. I knew nothing of them. I read the program and saw that Pinera was in this band. I thought cool. All the songs done were known to me but I had no idea that they would play Alice songs. I was awesomely surprised. They did 18 and SO. Of all the songs they played it was those 2 that got the most reaction and applause.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:34 am

He was great on the Special Forces tour. Prior to his work with Alice he was famous for 'the guitar battle of the century' against another guitarist (could have been Sammy Hagar) and no one can remember who won, so the press was saying in 82
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:47 am

I wonder if he has free Wifi?

Anyway, nice to see that. Not to derail the thread, but this was in the "related videos" which I wanted to share, not that it's exactly new but I had never seen it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Wci4hQ9RK4
Me = Winning

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:01 am

steven_crayn wrote:He was great on the Special Forces tour. Prior to his work with Alice he was famous for 'the guitar battle of the century' against another guitarist (could have been Sammy Hagar) and no one can remember who won, so the press was saying in 82
Nugent I think. Nugent used to get other guitarists up on stage for guitar battles.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:46 am

Si wrote:
steven_crayn wrote:He was great on the Special Forces tour. Prior to his work with Alice he was famous for 'the guitar battle of the century' against another guitarist (could have been Sammy Hagar) and no one can remember who won, so the press was saying in 82
Nugent I think. Nugent used to get other guitarists up on stage for guitar battles.
I think you are right Si, Nugent was the other name that popped into my head.
He was very outspoken at being the fastest in the late 70s, Double Live Gonzo I like especially the version of Stormtrooping which is awesome!
Great to see him at Monsters of Rock when Alice played.

I really liked the Dam Yankees 'High Enough' it was surprising seeing Ted doing melodic rock and that solo and the video were top class.
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:22 am

did nugent ever say he was fastest to eddie van halen? lol.
I was up close to mr. pinera in the front row of alice's 1981 cleveland show (one of 'em).great guitar player!
this version of SO is interesting.starts off like he would have played in coops band,gets kinda bluesy and mellow....and then he whispers at the end???? dude,you don't whisper school's out.ever. :rock: