Frankenstein Illusion

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

AC Collect
Dada God
Dada God

Frankenstein Illusion

Post by AC Collect » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:49 am

Is it just me or has anyone else wondered how Alice did that Frankenstein Trick on The Nightmare Returns Tour? It Really freaks me out and It's completley baffled me. :alice:
It's Just The Little Things That Drive me Wild!

Swinger
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Frankenstein Illusion

Post by Swinger » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:03 pm

This was brought up, I think a few years ago, by me actually. If I remember correctly the answer was that there was a trapdoor in the platform the monster was built on for a person to get into/out of the creature and the tunnel (or whatever it's called) to the trapdoor was hidden by mirrors or something like that to give the illusion that the platform only was on a small stand.
"You, sir, are a demented, sick, degenerate, barbaric, naughty freako."

AC Collect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by AC Collect » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:09 pm

Omg! Thank You So Much, I've always wondered how. But I have another question. Where did those legs come from or did the Guy take them up with him??

TonyfromNH
Killer
Killer

Post by TonyfromNH » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:03 pm

I am not sure how accurate this is, but someone told me they have done similar illusions on "Magic's Greatest Secrets Revealed" show, that would give the best idea of how it is done. That show is on here every Monday night.
I love a waitress who loves to...flirt!

Jacknife_Johnny
Killer
Killer

Post by Jacknife_Johnny » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:19 pm

I thought that was a top illusion!

:alice:
I would never join a club that would have me as a member!

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:26 pm

It wasn't a trick! ;)

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:13 am

AC Collect wrote:It Really freaks me out and It's completley baffled me. :alice:
Count me in on that. I've worn out my VHS copy in that spot trying to work the illusion out in my head. Top notch, indeed.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Post by kevinuk81 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:42 pm

I am sure Si posted about this sometime ago, saying he was right in front of the table but could not see how it was done, although may be wrong, over to you Si.
Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.

Rob
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Rob » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:52 pm

I was in the front row at wembley show 86 and i could not work it out either
It must be true A_Michael said so

AC Collect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by AC Collect » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:04 pm

Swinger wrote:This was brought up, I think a few years ago, by me actually. If I remember correctly the answer was that there was a trapdoor in the platform the monster was built on for a person to get into/out of the creature and the tunnel (or whatever it's called) to the trapdoor was hidden by mirrors or something like that to give the illusion that the platform only was on a small stand.
But Doesn't Alice Walk behind the table, If there were mirrors there you wouldn't be able to see his legs properly, where you can on the DVD!

Swinger
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Swinger » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:04 pm

AC Collect wrote:
Swinger wrote:This was brought up, I think a few years ago, by me actually. If I remember correctly the answer was that there was a trapdoor in the platform the monster was built on for a person to get into/out of the creature and the tunnel (or whatever it's called) to the trapdoor was hidden by mirrors or something like that to give the illusion that the platform only was on a small stand.
But Doesn't Alice Walk behind the table, If there were mirrors there you wouldn't be able to see his legs properly, where you can on the DVD!
True. But it was some sort of optical illusion as far as I remember.

Someone did post the answer when I asked this earlier but I don't remember who. I tried to find the old topic with the answer but it's gone by now.
"You, sir, are a demented, sick, degenerate, barbaric, naughty freako."

jch_n_va,usa
Trash
Trash

Post by jch_n_va,usa » Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:28 am

I remember the post about this a few years ago. Its probally been that long since i've posted on here. What i remeber is the person saying that the illusion is based on an old trick where a table or platform in this case looks to be normal. The bottom of the platform is not straight, it is narrow on one end & increases in width on the other. At the back where the platform is at its widest, there is a hidden compartment for a person to hide. The bottom of the platform is actually sloped. The whole key to this is where the platform is placed on stage. If you watch the video you really only see the front & right side of the platform. It looks like its setting straight onstage, but it is really set at an angle. The performer hides in the compartment & then come out a trap door when its time. Even though you can see under the the platform, the angles of the bottom of the platform give the illusion that it is straight. This my best recollection of the post.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:38 am

kevinuk81 wrote:I am sure Si posted about this sometime ago, saying he was right in front of the table but could not see how it was done, although may be wrong, over to you Si.
I did indeed. I could literally touch the table three nights in a row so I watched differen areas to work out how it was done, and I still couldn`t work it out. However from what I can remember from the previous thread none of the explainations sounded correct to me from my experience.
Renfield once offered to tell me, but I said no thanks. I think it's wonderful that after all these years no one seems to know *for sure* how it was done.

P.S. there were definitly no mirrors under the table. Personally I'm sure of that much.

TonyfromNH
Killer
Killer

Post by TonyfromNH » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:46 pm

Si wrote:
I think it's wonderful that after all these years no one seems to know *for sure* how it was done.
The thing is, WHEN (if) we ever learn of how it's done, it will seem so logically obvious at that time, to the point we will feel stupid for letting this boggle our minds.

The things that I see on "Magic's Greatest Secrets Revealed" make me feel like this on a weekly basis over illusions that I have pondered over for years.

In case anyone has not seen the show I speak of here is a link to one trick. I am sure if I watched all the available episodes we would be able to piece it all together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZroIq_mT ... 3B&index=1
Last edited by TonyfromNH on Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I love a waitress who loves to...flirt!

AC Collect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by AC Collect » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:52 pm

Yeah, It is quite amazing that no-one seems to know after all these years, and TonyfromNH I know how you feel. I've heard loads of explanations about the Frankenstein Illusion, and at the time after I heard them I couldn't believe I couldn't work it out, but now looking back all of them seem stupid LOL!

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:17 pm

The answer is simple, really... Sorcery. Why do you think he keeps getting banned in Finland?
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

mattcoddington
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mattcoddington » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:39 am

Si wrote:I think it's wonderful that after all these years no one seems to know *for sure* how it was done.
of course it would be me that has to burst your bubble. :evil:

i know how it's done as i know the illusionist who came up with the trick for alice's show. and don't bother asking me how it's done. i won't tell. seriously.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:03 am

good!

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Post by kevinuk81 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:18 pm

Don't want to know. :x
Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.

AC Collect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by AC Collect » Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:57 pm

I DO!! :blush: