A question for the "Newbie" Alice fan.....

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

AC Collect
Dada God
Dada God

Re: A question for the "Newbie" Alice fan.....

Post by AC Collect » Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:27 pm

Believe it or not but my first Alice show was Brutal Planet when I was a little 4 Year Old. I am now 12 and have been a fan ever since that show in Nottingham. However I only started collecting when I was 8.
It's Just The Little Things That Drive me Wild!

Marcelocooper
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Marcelocooper » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:02 pm

I got into ALice when i was 8. My uncle presented me with Constrictor, but I didn't dig it that much at the time. i liked it, but far from what I became after a few years. It was when The Eyes was beeing recorded that I became a real fan, and probably that year that i started collecting, but it started with simple things, like Billion Dollar Babies with the bill, stuff like that, but everything diferent that I could get I bought, some of the stuff i got that time is still in my top list, like the king Biscuit lp, or my selead Killer, that this year i got Alice and the band to sing, ripping some parts of the shrink, but it's improssible to open it even after that!
Only saw him playing twice, thou. I think that NOT beeing able to see him live was what really got me so deep, because i aways disered that and only after nine years I could see him.
These good little shocks must be working I’m so happy now

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:24 pm

AC Collect wrote:Believe it or not but my first Alice show was Brutal Planet when I was a little 4 Year Old.
Good for you, young 'un. :8):
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

AC Collect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by AC Collect » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:22 pm

LOL! Was scared to death when they killed alice on that show, Coz I was 4 and It was my first Alice Show I didn't realise at the time it was a trick :rotfl:
It's Just The Little Things That Drive me Wild!

TonyfromNH
Killer
Killer

Post by TonyfromNH » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:50 pm

Shoesalesman wrote:
AC Collect wrote:Believe it or not but my first Alice show was Brutal Planet when I was a little 4 Year Old.
Good for you, young 'un. :8):

Wow!!! only 12? Wouldn't have guessed it. I guess I would have been really shocked if I suggested having a "drink" before a show. :rotfl: Good for you though!

I couldn't believe how many kids in their teens and twenties I witnessed at the Boston Orpheum show last year. I have socks that old. The younger ones are still a minority but it's growing enough to certainly take notice. It's gotta be a great feeling for Alice.

Being a young Alice fan is certainly much more "unique" than being, let's say...a young KISS fan. Awesome!
I love a waitress who loves to...flirt!

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Post by kevinuk81 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:22 pm

Baz also has socks that old, one day he will take them off. :rotfl:
Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:02 pm

heh heh
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

Somwhere In Auckland
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Somwhere In Auckland » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:56 am

I have been a fan since I cant remember, grew up listening to Alice.

Me being a huge fan, and hardly seeing him live is a HUGE problem for me :(

Like the storys I have read here, if Alice played 24 shows near me im seeing them all, so I dont question be being a big fan or not.

Im 24, Alice first visted New Zealand in 2008 for the first time since 1990 (was only 5 then and dad didnt take me)

The show last year was so amazing, wanted more, just wasnt possible...

2009 he is back in Auckland, NZ got tickets the very same day 9am and am so pumped for this gig.

But again no chance to jump on a plane and fly to another contry to see more.

Little opportunity living in New Zealand, shows are very few in between and if I wanna see him I need to hop on an international flight to another contry.

I know he will be back in Australia next tour, even if I go broke I am seeing every show there and getting the meet and greet pass.

I am so envious of you folk in Europe and USA, shows there every year, and travelling isnt a problem. Lousy NZ :(

alicestrash
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by alicestrash » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:03 am

LOL yeah i think i definitely fit into this category.

i always knew of alice but never really got into him until dirty diamonds, wasn't allowed to go to the tour cause i was too young to go alone, i'm 19 now and since then in 3 years i've been to 6 shows here in melbourne(would have been 7 but the gold coast show got cancelled this year) met him last week, make sure i buy 3 shirts for each show and then whatever i see in shops + ebay. i have 2 pit bull puppies, a boy and girl, one called alice and the other cooper ahhaha. i have every album and getting a pretty decent collection of vinyl from the markets here.

hopefully alice can let me sleep under a tree at his place once i file for bankruptcy :grin:

Jumping Jack
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Jumping Jack » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:30 am

There are many opinions on the DD CD, but there is no doubt that the DD tour and those since have resulted in many new fans hooked on his live performances. IMHO, the recent live sound and personnel had a lot to do with it. The Coop is rocking as hard as anyone these days, with the possible exception of AC/DC. It would be nice if he could find a way to incorporate the energy and excitement of his touring band in the next CD.
Caffeine! Caffeine!
Amphetamine
A little speed is all I need
Caffeine! Caffeine!