ALICE COOPER To Enter Studio In Early 2010

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

sammysausage76
Killer
Killer

Re: ALICE COOPER To Enter Studio In Early 2010

Post by sammysausage76 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:41 am

I wasn't complaining, I was actually a little "worried" about an ACAS show if he were to play mostly songs from that album and not enough of the rest of his expansive catalogue. I was just saying that I was surprised after all that was said about an "upcoming" ACAS show (mostly from fans) that there wouldn't be one. I am honestly much more excited about this new show and another new album than ever seeing an ACAS show.

lattss
Killer
Killer

Post by lattss » Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:33 am

All I know is that news like this makes me very happy and excited. It also reminds me how thankful I am that Alice is still doing his thing.

lattss
Killer
Killer

Post by lattss » Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:33 am

All I know is that news like this makes me very happy and excited. It also reminds me how thankful I am that Alice is still doing his thing.

HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:36 am

I'm really happy Alice is still kicking as much ass as he is. The new show looks great and I can't wait for the next album.
"THEY'RE NEVER GONNA FIND YOUR FACE"

- ALICE COOPER

Robbie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Robbie » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:40 am

That is brilliant news! More new music and more touring.What more could any fan want!

Flogging a dead horse? All I am dreading is the day Alice announces his retirement from music and touring.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:08 am

> I was just saying that I was surprised after all that was said about an "upcoming" ACAS show (mostly from fans) that there wouldn't be one.

We all know how reliable that particular source can be!

revinkevin
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by revinkevin » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:26 am

Anyone have any idea who this "surprising" new producer might be ?? Seems he kind of hinted to a special producer for ACAS but I guess that did not happen due to scheduling conflicts. IMO that could have made the difference from a good ACAS to a great ACAS. Think it might be the same guy ?? Who is the mystery man ??

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:58 am

revinkevin wrote:Anyone have any idea who this "surprising" new producer might be ?? Seems he kind of hinted to a special producer for ACAS but I guess that did not happen due to scheduling conflicts. IMO that could have made the difference from a good ACAS to a great ACAS. Think it might be the same guy ?? Who is the mystery man ??
When I suggested Alice look for a producer with an impressive track record Matt shot me down. Matt says producers don't matter much, and since he knows everything, I wonder why Alice would mention this at all.

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:18 pm

Rick Rubin could be an interesting choice.

Arjen Lucassen would get my vote though

Dave Conway
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dave Conway » Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:25 pm

Just catching up with all this. I am very much with the majority of posters on this thread. I am almost bursting with excitement for the forthcoming UK shows!

Just SO much to look forward to!
...And personally, I don't care.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:10 pm

Rick Rubin does have a track record of working with some of the absolute legends in the business so it certainly would seem within the realm of possibility for him to want to work with Alice.

I certainly would be excited to see it, but we're only speculating at this point.

Reportedly, Rubin has been tapped to work with ZZ Top on their upcoming album.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:12 pm

Dave Conway wrote:Just catching up with all this. I am very much with the majority of posters on this thread. I am almost bursting with excitement for the forthcoming UK shows!

Just SO much to look forward to!
Yes, Alice is truly rewarding his fans with this much activity on the touring and recording fronts at this point in his career.

This last decade has been a great time to be an Alice Cooper fan... I hope it continues for another decade... but let's enjoy it while it lasts.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

Rob
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Rob » Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:53 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:Rick Rubin does have a track record of working with some of the absolute legends in the business so it certainly would seem within the realm of possibility for him to want to work with Alice.

I certainly would be excited to see it, but we're only speculating at this point.

Dr DRE
It must be true A_Michael said so

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:01 pm

Cooper says he plans on filming and recording the Theatre of Death tour at some point before it winds down in December, though he also plans on taking the same show out again in 2010. He also isn't ruling out a future show based on his 2008 album "Along Came a Spider," although he's already started work on his next album, too.

"I've got three or four songs written for it," says Cooper, who says it involves "a new character, a new direction and probably a surprising producer on this one." He plans to hit the studio in early 2010 and finish the album before he heads back out on the road. Cooper also has a part in the upcoming vampire comedy "Suck."

To me this is fantastic news: a brand new show like this awesome Theatre of Death (seen it twice now) tour, the possibility of still doing an Along Came A Spider tour (which is something I WAS DYING FOR), a new album, a new dvd, and the continuation of the Theatre of Death, like Remarkably Insincere, it is a good time to be a Cooper fan...I hope he does even if its brief, an ACAS tour...I just want to see some of those songs brought to life besides Vengeance and Feminine Side.
"Freedom to rock, freedom to talk, freeeedom, raise your fist and yell!"

revinkevin
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by revinkevin » Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:38 pm

I have asked before but have not heard a response, Who was the producer of choice that Alice was talking about when he was writing ACAS ? Heard there were some scheduling conflicts on both sides so Alice went with Hampton instead.

Devils Food
Killer
Killer

Post by Devils Food » Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:44 pm

Rob wrote:
RemarkablyInsincere wrote:Rick Rubin does have a track record of working with some of the absolute legends in the business so it certainly would seem within the realm of possibility for him to want to work with Alice.

Dr DRE
Good God no!

Devils Food
Killer
Killer

Post by Devils Food » Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:46 pm

Rick Rubin would be an amazing choice to produce the next Alice record. I would love to see that happen.

Excellent post!

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:11 pm

>Anyone have any idea who this "surprising" new producer might be ??

If it was revealed, it wouldn't be a surprise, would it?!

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:13 pm

>says producers don't matter much

I think you've taken his comments out of context.

mattcoddington
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mattcoddington » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:24 pm

Toronto Bob wrote:When I suggested Alice look for a producer with an impressive track record Matt shot me down. Matt says producers don't matter much, and since he knows everything, I wonder why Alice would mention this at all.
that is 100% incorrect. you were just simply picking random names out of thin air. i was asking why you chose those names in particular. also, producers do matter to an extent. you were basing alice's ENTIRE album success (or lack thereof) solely on the producer. that is incorrect.