Is Anyone Home?

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Is Anyone Home?

Post by glamprincess » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:20 pm

Gunner wrote:well, nearly ALL Alice fans have questioned whether this is an 'outake' from TLT for the fact that it features songwriters on that album that don't appear as a songwriting team on any other album and is rather out of context on a live album...

You people that think you are 'close to Alice' (and there is a good few of you here) think you know everything and you don't. What I put was perfectly reasonable and you are not!
Many Alice fans did not think the song was written during the songwriting of the TLT album. One main reason: The song "Is Anyone Home?" is clearly about the internet and TLT was recorded in 1993-94 when the internet was still in the earliest phase. So it actually made more sense that Alice wrote the song a few years later, when the internet had really taken off.

Andy Michael is one of the Alice Cooper experts and really does know what he is talking about. There's actually no doubt about that.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:28 am

glamprincess wrote: Many Alice fans did not think the song was written during the songwriting of the TLT album. One main reason: The song "Is Anyone Home?" is clearly about the internet and TLT was recorded in 1993-94 when the internet was still in the earliest phase. So it actually made more sense that Alice wrote the song a few years later, when the internet had really taken off.
That is a good observation. I had forgotten about some of the topical lyrics in that song.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

tim10cc
Killer
Killer

Post by tim10cc » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:15 am

Is Alice still not fond of the internet ?
The road to hell is littered with nice guys with good intentions.

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:19 am

He refers to the computer as a "Solitaire Machine."
Me = Winning

Maurice
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Maurice » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:17 am

tim10cc wrote:Is Alice still not fond of the internet ?
I seem to recall that he made it known, (possibly around the time of this release?), that he "didn't like computers", but, even if this was an accurate statement at the time (and I really am not sure where this originated from), clearly things change - as his Laptop was 'lost' at Heathrow earlier this year.

The Laptop went 'missing' along with his Horror DVD's so, it could be argued that he only uses it to watch them.

To me the song reflects the idea of 'distancing' from the internet, and the 'Solitaire Machine' tag (mentioned by WYM above) is a description that would underpin that idea.
When life becomes more real than children's games
Or we've become too old to play them
My God.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:57 am

>Thanks Hunter for providing that Renfield quote it was info like that I was hoping for.

Agreed. Also, I should have been a bit more specific in my original post.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:00 am

>I had forgotten about some of the topical lyrics in that song.

That's why I specifically referred to the lyrics in an earlier post but, again, I could have been more specific.