The tour I wish I had seen

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

jacknifejohnny
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Re: The tour I wish I had seen

Post by jacknifejohnny » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:31 pm

Anything by the original group, gotta thank Leo Abse for missing out on them. To jacknife_johnny,that Marquee gig was unbelievable, queued up from 7 in the morning for that one,lucky i worked at Smithfield Market in those days,so i was an early-riser anyway. Jimmy Page and Lemmy were propping up the bar that night.Great bloody memories.

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:47 am

The Nightmare Returns tour and the Special Forces tour.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

Cozzie
Killer
Killer

Post by Cozzie » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:50 am

I would have loved to see the Special Forces tour. Model Citizen sounded so damn good live!

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:48 am

I'd love to travel back to a B$B or Welcome To My Nightmare show - when Alice seemed a real danger to society.
Don't think Alice was a danger to society by WTMN mate, he was more of a TV friendly guy hanging out with Hollywood celebs!!
Personally it's always been the 1978 tour.
Reason being there is so little visual documentation about that show. What exists is very poor (AC and Friends).
The reason I say 1978 is as it was the first sober tour so Alice wasn`t in such bad shape as in '77.
But Cooper is VERY drunk on my copy of AC and Friends - especially 'Under My Wheels', looks like he is going to be sick!??

I would opt for any tour that involved the original band myself, not becuase they were better particularly, but because of the excitement of that era I guess.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:14 am

>But Cooper is VERY drunk on my copy of AC and Friends - especially 'Under My Wheels', looks like he is going to be sick!??

I think you need to read again what Si wrote and a bit more carefully, as well.

nurserozetta
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by nurserozetta » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:46 am

revinkevin wrote: I also the bass player from Elton John with him..

Dee Murray

I'm with Si , the 78 tour I would have loved to have seen ( I love the Saginaw boots ) , also Special Forces and TNR

Mr. Skull
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Mr. Skull » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:10 am

nurserozetta wrote:
revinkevin wrote: I also the bass player from Elton John with him..

Dee Murray

I'm with Si , the 78 tour I would have loved to have seen ( I love the Saginaw boots ) , also Special Forces and TNR
I always found Davy Johnstone a great guitar player !
On the picture Si has on this site from him he even looks a little bit like N.S. !

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:07 pm

I think you need to read again what Si wrote and a bit more carefully, as well.
Let's look;

Statements;

Personally it's always been the 1978 tour.
Reason being there is so little visual documentation about that show. What exists is very poor (AC and Friends).
The reason I say 1978 is as it was the first sober tour so Alice wasn`t in such bad shape as in '77.

Logical deductions;

a) He would like to have been to the 1978 tour
b) Only 'AC and Friends' exists as visual documentation of that tour.
c) Alice was sober on the 1978 tour
d) Alice was drunk on that 'AC and Friends' show.

Conclusion: Alice wasn't drunk on 'AC and Friends' show, but we all know differently if we have seen it.

OH, sorry, I geddit, it's a bit cryptic innit? The clue is in the last word of b); 'tour', it should be 'show' shouldn't it? We are talking King Of The Silver Screen part two aren't we?? Sorry, you are right, you have to read it VERY carefully!
Last edited by Gunner on Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:24 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:08 pm

Post entered in error.

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:16 pm

The Special Forces tour. That's one of my favorite albums, and Alice never played anywhere close to me. In fact, it wasn't until years later that I found out there'd even been a Special Forces tour.

Hunter

damiennalice
Bouilliabase
Bouilliabase

Post by damiennalice » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:18 pm

>OH, sorry, I geddit, it's a bit cryptic innit? 1978 and 1977 is assumed to be the same SHOW!?? We are talking King Of The Silver Screen part two aren't we??

Yes,sir. Im glad you noticed that. You edited faster than I could sign in :grin:

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:23 pm

>Conclusion: Alice wasn't drunk on 'AC and Friends' show, but we all know differently if we have seen it.

NO. THAT IS NOT WHAT SI IS SAYING AT ALL!

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:32 pm

I tell you what is confusing Andy, on the 'Behind The Music' documentary, when Alice talks about going out live for the first time as Alice without being under the influence of anything, he seems to refer to the 'Nigthmare Returns' show! Maybe that is the programme producers error in making it look like that!?

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:38 pm

Gunner wrote: Logical deductions;

a) He would like to have been to the 1978 tour
b) Only 'AC and Friends' exists as visual documentation of that tour.
c) Alice was sober on the 1978 tour
d) Alice was drunk on that 'AC and Friends' show.

Conclusion: Alice wasn't drunk on 'AC and Friends' show, but we all know differently if we have seen it.

OH, sorry, I geddit, it's a bit cryptic innit? The clue is in the last word of b); 'tour', it should be 'show' shouldn't it? We are talking King Of The Silver Screen part two aren't we?? Sorry, you are right, you have to read it VERY carefully!
"AC and Friends" is from the **1977** show in Anaheim. Alice was very drunk during the 1977 tour. In the fall of 1977, after that tour, Alice went into re-hab and sobered up so that he was sober on the 1978 tour which does not have a video. That's what Andy and Si meant.

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:42 pm

Gunner wrote:I tell you what is confusing Andy, on the 'Behind The Music' documentary, when Alice talks about going out live for the first time as Alice without being under the influence of anything, he seems to refer to the 'Nigthmare Returns' show! Maybe that is the programme producers error in making it look like that!?
I don't think the program producers tried to make it look like anything as Alice has said that very same thing, ie. that he was not under the influence for the first time during the "Nightmare Returns" tour, during OTHER interviews as well. He also says that in "Golf Monster" too.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:28 pm

>Alice talks about going out live for the first time as Alice without being under the influence of anything, he seems to refer to the 'Nigthmare Returns' show!

In that case, you should have cited this example in your first post, then. In any case, Alice is mistaken here, as the first time he toured while 'dry' was the 1978 tour.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:12 pm

Yes, as Andy and Susie have said, the reason I said 1978 is because he was sober, and so I would hope his performance would have been better then in '77 as seen on AC and friends. The topic question was which *tour*, not which show.

Behind The Music has quite a few odd statements that don't stand up to the real chain of events.
I think maybe it's just a case of Alice etc combining a few things to make it an easy story to tell, rather then relating all the dirty detailed ins and outs of his rehibiliation.
The key points are all true and the results are a sober (and living) Alice.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:42 pm

I'd have to say some smaller venue on the LOVE IT TO DEATH tour... assuming there were some.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

Dave Conway
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dave Conway » Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:15 pm

Would have loved to see B$B tour. I also agree, as mentioned above, that the musicians Alice has with him now, are top draw. :rock:
...And personally, I don't care.

damiennalice
Bouilliabase
Bouilliabase

Post by damiennalice » Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:43 pm

damiennalice wrote:2006 .. 2007 .. 2008 .. 2009 .. :yawn:
2009 can be scratched off this list :clap: