The first time you saw Alice live....

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Re: The first time you saw Alice live....

Post by A_MichaelUK » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:16 am

> since you're MUCH older than i am, i'm sure i'll surpass you within the next 2 years.

I am looking forward to it.

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:28 am

My first Alice gig was in February 1982, I had waited 10 years for an opportunity to see him live but was too young and in the UK!!! I did think I would never see him live again after this tour and so I went to every one in the UK on that SF tour! He did seem washed up, old and frail......how things have changed!!!!

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:48 pm

My first Alice show was March 3, 1979, in Louisville, KY, on the MadHouse Rock tour. The ad, ticket stub, photos, and my reminiscences can be found here:

Alice Cooper - March 3, 1979

Hunter

mkayers
Trash
Trash

Post by mkayers » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:33 pm

I saw Alice in July of 1981 in Saginaw on the Special Forces tour. Joe Perry Project & Spider opened. This was also my first concert so it ruined me for life. Nothing compares to an Alice show.

sparkinthedark
DiS ViciOuS stalker
DiS ViciOuS stalker

Post by sparkinthedark » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:41 pm

SickThings wrote:My first Alice show was March 3, 1979, in Louisville, KY, on the MadHouse Rock tour. The ad, ticket stub, photos, and my reminiscences can be found here:

Hunter

Nice tale, Hunter. And dude... you got to see Elvis. I'm very envious indeed.
aLL HeaRt
>---❤️--->

Rob
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Rob » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:52 pm

Mine was Brighton Centre 1982,and now at least 2 dates on every uk tour since, except Reading Festival 1987.
It must be true A_Michael said so

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:07 pm

sparkinthedark wrote:
SickThings wrote:My first Alice show was March 3, 1979, in Louisville, KY, on the MadHouse Rock tour. The ad, ticket stub, photos, and my reminiscences can be found here:

Hunter

Nice tale, Hunter. And dude... you got to see Elvis. I'm very envious indeed.
:) Thanks, spark. I was very, very lucky to get to see Elvis.

My mom never quite figured out how I went from Elvis to KISS to Alice Cooper in about six months' time. ;)

You found it, but I meant to say that all of my concerts are listed here. Which reminds me: I need to update it! :clap:

Hunter

jacknifejohnny
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by jacknifejohnny » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:44 pm

11 Sept 1975,Empire Pool,Wembley. Heavy Metal Kids were the support band. Bloody brilliant, the only support band i've seen get a deserved encore. Their lead singer was Gary Holton, who later appeared on the great t.v. series "Auwedesaine Pet" and sadly died not long after. Was lucky enough to go the following night as well. 2 and a half quid for a ticket..............amazing, remember that show as if it was yesterday. What a coincidence the other jacknife-johnny was at that show. Maybe he's my alta-ego,like Vince and Alice hahahahahaha.

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:45 am

Hunter, how were The Dead Milkmen live, er... in concert? I had a few of their albums in the 90s. Punk Rock Girl is a great tune.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

BellaDonna
Killer
Killer

Post by BellaDonna » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:47 am

Boston Garden, 11/17/87 (burned in my brain, still...) 3rd row balcony, "Raise Your Fist and Yell", Kane Roberts, Alice was hanged....

During "Only Women Bleed", the guy in front of me (high on somethin') punched the girl in front of him (he didn't know her) in the back of the skull (hard enough for me to be able to HEAR it..), she was in the FRONT row of the balcony and started to fall forward: the guy she was with grabbed her and pulled her back (she was OUT), the guy I was with grabbed the one who threw the punch, two guys behind us jumped down to help my date and the remaining two guys PULLED me backwards over two rows into theirs to get me out of the way. Security (rocket scientists) tried to grab the guys holding the one nut down, until the guy holding the unconscious woman straightened them out. She was carried out, the guy was arrested, and I missed the whole damn song.

I don't remember the opening act, but I'm pretty sure it was Faster Pussycat??? I could be wrong...

Great show though!
..We're finally alone. Wash the dust from your hair now, I don't care if you ever get home..

vince_raven
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by vince_raven » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:30 am

My very first show was in 2001, Dragontown tour, Polaris Ampitheatre, Columbus Ohio. Not sure of the exact date without looking, but this was an outdoor show in the middle of October. I remember the temperature being in the high 30s that night and seeing Alice's breathe on stage. One of the only concerts I wore 3 layers of clothing to. I had been a fan since around 86 or 87, yet had never seen him live, so I decided I would have to drive a bit as he never played in my area. Despite the freezing temps and having crappy seats, I was hooked from the moment he appeared on stage. Since then, I have seen every tour at least twice and think I'm up around 25 shows. I don't believe there was an opening band that night.

Interesting note, this was also the date of the beginning of the war on Afghanistan. I learned this by Alice saying "We bombed the hell out them today, didn't we?" onstage during the encore. Having not watched the news that day, I got my updates from Alice that night.
Cooper took the stage,put on the best rock show since Gloria Estefan/Miami Sound Machine in 1987.

guilty65
Killer
Killer

Post by guilty65 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:17 am

I saw The Coop for the first time on the RYFAY tour Binghamton New York Broome county Arena.
with Faster Pussy cat, and Ace Frehley opening. Faster was awful, (Guitar player was flipping off the audience and ended set early). Ace Frehley was awesome! But Alice Killed everyone.
Then it was Alice on The RYFAY tour with Motorhead and Vinnie Vincent Invasion.Syracuse New York Landmark Theater Those were the only openers that I saw him with. The rest were fesival shows and "And evening with" Shows. A total of 10 times...All in All
He still won't come to Memphis / Robinsonville. Its been since 2004 (Bare bones tour). I have given up.

Robbie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Robbie » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:22 am

I had been a fan of Alice through the seventies but had been too young to go to any concerts then. Therefore I could hardly contain myself when I got tickets for both Special Forces shows at Manchester Apollo in 1982. I bought tickets for both shows cos I thought I may never get the chance to see him again!Some 14 shows later shows how wrong I was!! Really looking forward to Theatre of Death at Manchester Apollo this November which has a nice symmetry to it to see Alice back were I first saw him twenty five years ago.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:51 am

>and Vinnie Vincent Invasion.

Are you sure about that?

mattcoddington
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mattcoddington » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:07 am

guilty65 wrote: He still won't come to Memphis / Robinsonville. Its been since 2004 (Bare bones tour). I have given up.
it's not really a matter that he won't.

damiennalice
Bouilliabase
Bouilliabase

Post by damiennalice » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:16 am

> He still won't come to Memphis / Robinsonville. Its been since 2004 (Bare bones tour). I have given up.

It seems I am not alone in this departmant. I know where you're coming from guilty65.

TonyfromNH
Killer
Killer

Post by TonyfromNH » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:11 pm

BellaDonna wrote:Boston Garden, 11/17/87 (burned in my brain, still...) 3rd row balcony, "Raise Your Fist and Yell", Kane Roberts, Alice was hanged....

I don't remember the opening act, but I'm pretty sure it was Faster Pussycat??? I could be wrong...

Great show though!
I too was at that show. We came in just minutes before Alice went on, but it was supposed to be Faster Pussycat and Frehley's Comet. A few nights later at the show in Portland Maine there was an announcement that "ACE" wouldn't be appearing for whatever reason.
I love a waitress who loves to...flirt!

daytripper
Dada God
Dada God

Post by daytripper » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:10 pm

Well I have been an Alice fan since I was 10 years old. (1973) My older brother had "Love It To Death" and "Killer". And I heard all of it.
My first album was B$B. And I wore it out on the turntable. I couldnt go see Alice because I was too young. About 1980 I lost track of Alice for years. I was busy doing other things and didnt hear him on the radio and thought he was out of the picture. It was not until 1986 or 87 when Constrictor came out that I realized....hey...new albums ! And I saw him in Jan of 1987 in Dallas Texas at The State fair Colisem. I dont recall an opening act. It was a good concert and I was in love all over again. It was one of the most exciting nights of my life. Then I got married and didnt keep up with him for years again...and rediscovered him in 2004...boy did I have catching up to do. I finally saw Alice for the 2nd time in 2007 in Dallas ofcourse. It too was great...I loved every minute of it. I hope to see Alice again sometime in the next year or so. :laugh:
Its hard for me...I dont know anyone who is an Alice fan close to me. No one in my family is a fan except me. So concerts are out of the question most of the time...or I would be by myself there. :p
* for being a brat, refusing to act your age*
* http://www.myspace.com/daytripper63 *

BellaDonna
Killer
Killer

Post by BellaDonna » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:25 pm

I hear ya there, Daytripper, but lemme tell ya, if your choices are: go with people who don't wanna be there or go alone - my answer is that I'm the best date I could ever have at an Alice show! I've gone with people that I will never - ever, go with again (Jaded not included! :grin: ).
..We're finally alone. Wash the dust from your hair now, I don't care if you ever get home..

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:39 pm

I've also gone alone. And really....you're not alone once you get there. Seems you always find someone to chat with, or run into someone you know.
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!