Alice playing country fairs......

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

TonyfromNH
Killer
Killer

Alice playing country fairs......

Post by TonyfromNH » Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:27 pm

We have tickets to 5 upcoming Alice shows...one of which is a country fair in PA on August 4. Has anyone here ever seen Alice at a fair? If so, any different than regular theatre shows? I know not as to the setlist, but maybe props etc.? Crowd alot different? Also, is anyone here going to the shows in CT Sept 26 and 27? just curious about the Warner Theatre. I have 1 extra front row seat for the Warner.
I love a waitress who loves to...flirt!

damiennalice
Bouilliabase
Bouilliabase

Re: Alice playing country fairs......

Post by damiennalice » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:27 pm

At some fairs,they have a general open area where anyone can come at any time and get their "seat". Others have the area closed off until a gate opening time. I have been to both kinds.

I've not noticed a difference in set list - I think Alice gives a full show no matter where it is he plays. He may alter a set list by a song or so but nothing major. If changes do occur it is because of the stage/venue accomodations as to setups.

Crowd? This is my personal observations ...
Open area - you'll have your fan base near the front and scattered. Curious onlookers may come and go just to take a peak.
Gate time - people who have tix like the majority of concerts. I.E. people who paid to see the show.

You'll have fun no matter what !! :alice:

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:35 pm

I am also going to the Clearfield County Fair show on August 4th.

I've never been there before, so I can't say much about the venue and how it's run, but I wouldn't expect the show itself to be any different.

I found this picture of what looks to be the venue staging:

http://www.prsound.com/images/08%20Clfd%20Fair%202.jpg
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

TonyfromNH
Killer
Killer

Post by TonyfromNH » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:18 pm

RemarkablyInsincere, thanks for that pic....that, of the ones I have seen gives me the best idea. We have lower grandstand seating for that show...had to take that since they didn't let you know what seats you had at time of purchase, and my daughter is only 4'7" so taking a chance and being 5 rows back on the track would stink for her.

mattcoddington
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mattcoddington » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:19 pm

show stays the same. stages are often larger and higher off the ground. venue seats more than alice can usually fill. crowd will be pretty much the same at any other show - mostly casual fans or non fans wanting to see a show. most venues are fairs are outdoors which sucks.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:28 pm

TonyfromNH wrote:RemarkablyInsincere, thanks for that pic....that, of the ones I have seen gives me the best idea. We have lower grandstand seating for that show...had to take that since they didn't let you know what seats you had at time of purchase, and my daughter is only 4'7" so taking a chance and being 5 rows back on the track would stink for her.
Yea, that's exactly where we are... 5 rows back on the track. Their ticketing system certainly leaves something to be desired.

Considering I placed my order as fast as humanly possible when they went on sale and had "order #7", I was kind of disappointed to be that far back.

Them not telling you where your seats are at the time of purchase, certainly allows them to play games when it comes to assigning the seats should they want to.

SKULLBOY
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by SKULLBOY » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:24 pm

The setlist is the same. As for the crowd, it's unique at every show!
"I was scared to death, afraid to close my eyes
And find that I was gone . . . "

TonyfromNH
Killer
Killer

Post by TonyfromNH » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:10 pm

Remarkably....Yeah, that ticketing system stinks. Unbelievably I purchased tickets for the Warner Theatre show on Sept 26 directly thru their website last week the moment they went on sale and essentially got "first" row. Row D actually which is the first official row or the Orchestra with only rows C & B in front of me, but the are "sunken" seats in the orchestra pit. Sadly 3 days later (today) the tickets have only sold back about 4 rows.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:58 am

TonyfromNH wrote:Remarkably....Yeah, that ticketing system stinks. Unbelievably I purchased tickets for the Warner Theatre show on Sept 26 directly thru their website last week the moment they went on sale and essentially got "first" row. Row D actually which is the first official row or the Orchestra with only rows C & B in front of me, but the are "sunken" seats in the orchestra pit. Sadly 3 days later (today) the tickets have only sold back about 4 rows.
There's plenty of time until that show, they'll sell gradually.

You keep saying Warner Theatre which at first was confusing because I'm seeing the Warner Theatre show in Erie...

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:24 am

mattcoddington wrote:show stays the same. stages are often larger and higher off the ground. venue seats more than alice can usually fill. crowd will be pretty much the same at any other show - mostly casual fans or non fans wanting to see a show. most venues are fairs are outdoors which sucks.

I disagree with this. I saw Alice at the Del Mar Fair around 2000. What really added to the show was it began in daylight and ended in the dark. Halo of Flies looked and sounded great with the sun going down.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:02 pm

pitkin88 wrote: I disagree with this. I saw Alice at the Del Mar Fair around 2000. What really added to the show was it began in daylight and ended in the dark. Halo of Flies looked and sounded great with the sun going down.
Most people I know prefer the show to start in the dark... to each his own I guess.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:18 pm

By the way Tony... since you're going to the Clearfield County Fair, you absolutely must hit Denny's Beer Barrel Pub... Home of the World's Biggest Burger Challenges:

http://www.dennysbeerbarrelpub.com/

It's just a few miles from from the venue.

The Food Network has covered it on some of their shows in the past.

TonyfromNH
Killer
Killer

Post by TonyfromNH » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:36 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:By the way Tony... since you're going to the Clearfield County Fair, you absolutely must hit Denny's Beer Barrel Pub... Home of the World's Biggest Burger Challenges:

The Food Network has covered it on some of their shows in the past.
Wow, We WILL check it out. I have a sincere passion for the places featured on Food Network as well as our local version "The Phantom Gourmet". I recently did a challenge with a 20 egg omelet. It must have weighed 6-7 pounds, but I did do it in about an hour. I was already excited about the show...this is the icing on the cake. Thanks!

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:39 pm

TonyfromNH wrote:Wow, We WILL check it out. I have a sincere passion for the places featured on Food Network as well as our local version "The Phantom Gourmet". I recently did a challenge with a 20 egg omelet. It must have weighed 6-7 pounds, but I did do it in about an hour. I was already excited about the show...this is the icing on the cake. Thanks!
Awesome... I think there's a 6 pound burger there with your name on it!

:evil:

Maurice
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Maurice » Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:10 pm

TonyfromNH wrote: I was already excited about the show...this is the icing on the cake.

.....or maybe even the Beef in the Bap?
When life becomes more real than children's games
Or we've become too old to play them
My God.

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:17 pm

Outside shows can be interesting though. When I saw him in Indy they had to take down the shadow banner because it was apparently "too windy." So they did the silloutte effect with no banner. It was interesting and worked out quite well I thought.

Then a helicopter dropped over the stage and just stayed there for a minute or two during the set. No idea why....
Me = Winning

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:21 pm

The setup for the Clearfield show was unconventional... they had jersey barriers setup between the stage and the seating. These are the kind of barriers you see on highways.

Beyond that, there was *at least* a 20 foot gap between the stage and the barrier and then the first row of seats was about another 20 feet away from the barrier. So if you were sitting in the front row, you were some 40 odd feet away from the stage.

Of course, what ended up happening was there was a mad dash to stand against the barriers as soon as the show started.

Alice had no chance in getting the dollar bills anywhere near the fans so for most of them he shook the sword and let them fall to the stage. After the show, security was nice enough to pass them out to the fans.

I had a blast... there's no better rock show on the planet.

Tony... did you try Denny's Beer Barrel Pub?