Brian 'Renfield' Nelson

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

RB-Tone
Trash
Trash

Re: Brian 'Renfield' Nelson

Post by RB-Tone » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:53 pm

While I didn't know Brian personally, we did trade several times on e-bay where I found him one of the most honest and talented sellers (100% positive feedback rating)

On occasion I e-mailed him with AC-related questions which he took the time to respond to in a sentient and timely manner.

Aside from his encylopedic AC knowledge, he seemed like a really unique character and his passing will have made the world a less interesting place.

Best wishes to all Brian's friends & family at this sad time.

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Post by kevinuk81 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:02 pm

Sad sad news, wil be missed by everyone.
Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.

HeadMan
Trash
Trash

Post by HeadMan » Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:10 pm

Hi All, I don't normally post on forums and such but feel compelled to do so regarding this very sad event.
I've been friends with Brian for about 18 years and from our first meeting he was very friendly and informative. He always told me that he was a fan & collector who just happened to work for Alice.
Over the years we went to several auctions and when time permitted, would sometimes meet for lunch. He knew of my passion for restoring collectibles which resulted in me having the honor of cleaning up the severed head after each tour from 2000 - 2005. I did this as a favor to Brian, free of charge so he would get me tickets and passes and gift me with some collectible each time.
Brian always looked after us fans. His integrity and dry sense of humor will be sorely missed by all who knew him. My deepest heartfelt sympathies to both his family and Alice. Any tears shed will be from the happiness of knowing you Brian.

schinkengott
Killer
Killer

Post by schinkengott » Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:17 pm

deepest condolences from germany. my thoughts and prayers are with brian's family and friends.

rip
Thats what a good spider does...you trap....you kill....you eat

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:49 pm

I just had an idea. I kept thinking how we could pay tribute to Brian. Feel free to say if you think this is stupid.
Since Alice is a host on Planet Rock and this is STUK (even if lots of us are living in the UK) why don't we send a "Rockblock" request from the forum?

It's usually one person requesting an hour of music on the station but we could do this in the forum's name? Si could send in the form, or if need be I can do it too (I'm not sure you can send the form from outside the UK I've never tried)

What do you think?

Rob
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Rob » Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:06 pm

Had the pleasure to meet Brian several times and like many that have already posted here have said ,he always had time for a quick word.

RIP REN FROM ALL THE SICKTHINGS
It must be true A_Michael said so

moonshadow
Dada God
Dada God

Post by moonshadow » Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:26 pm

Too early a passing, Brian.

My condolences to all that knew and loved him.
You've got to trust your dreamers heart
Nobody else will tell you when you fall apart.

theonethatgotaway
Trash
Trash

Post by theonethatgotaway » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:03 pm

He always knew that I would be the first to arrive on show day. He always knew that I would be the last to leave.He knew that I never wanted to say good-bye on that last night of the tour.His parting words were always "Oh pleezeeee, I'll see you next tour".
That time has come and gone now.Never again will we have the chance to say "see ya next tour" to a very dear friend.
God bless you Brian. May the Cooper magic keep you safe.
We'll all miss you dearly.

Sharon

MaliceCooper
Trash
Trash

Post by MaliceCooper » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:06 pm

I just wanted to say that Brian was always very awesome to me. I hugged him, he hugged me back and if life were different we woulda been great buddies. I at very least hugged him and he knew he was important and that I cared. I'm holding onto that to help me through.
If there had been a photo of that moment, we coulda group hugged him too, but alas, there was not that photo moment. Its etched in my mind, and in my heart.
I'll continue to pray that we all get through this, and well with me loosing Cooperfreak a year ago, Alice is goin through what I went through times 8 billion. I think I'm now grieving more for Alice. I just feel helpless because I can't help him fix that kinda pain, although I know it well. I'm not over that yet either......I'm sorry everyone.

tadzi
Trash
Trash

Post by tadzi » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:02 pm

very, very sad news indeed.....
i've known him for 16 years and yes i considered him a friend.
he always responded with his quick wit and get to the point answer.

we shared christmas cards and photos...
many times he got me backstage and photo passes for myself and friends. i met band members, other alice fans, and of course alice and his family..
last year i asked him for an autographed photo of alice to be in our camaro club silent auction for our charity 9spina bifida). he obliged and contributed. we thanked him so much.
sometimes things did not work out smoothly and we always worked thigs out. i shared my collection with him. he was always interested in learning anything new i may have or soething new i picked up.

he always said hello before the show and shook my hand and during the show if he saw you in the crowd, he would give you the thumbs up !!!
before the days of email i would call by phone and the most memorable moment was phoning him on sunday night after 8:00pm in the evening . he said , ted call before 8:00 or after 10:00 and not during "The Sopranos".
thats the way he was.

very shocking indeed, he has left us way too early.
i will miss him and everyone else in the alice community will as well.
my condolences go out to brian's family and to alice and his family and the whole tour entourage....

may god bless and rest in peace my friend.....
until we meet again... in refrigerator heaven......

your friend Ted from the
great white north in canada...

KylerClark
Trash
Trash

Post by KylerClark » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:41 pm

Nelson was a classic. When I got the call about his passing, I immediately went and looked back at all the random emails he would send over the short time that I knew him... If you know Brian personally, you know his sense of humor, and I found myself laughing my ass off at his witty, sarcastic responses to serious tour related e-mails. He'll be missed.

In the immortal words of Brian 'Renfield' Nelson...
"HORRIBLE"

F.U. Brian... F. U.

:(
KC

ikbenalicefan
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by ikbenalicefan » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:53 pm

Condolences from Belgium
RIP

BKCITIZEN
Trash
Trash

Post by BKCITIZEN » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:02 pm

Never met Brian but know how important he is in the world of Alice.
My sympathies to his family and all who knew him.
I Used To Be Such A Sweet Sweet thing Til They Gotta Hold Of Me

MonsterDog
Dada God
Dada God

Post by MonsterDog » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:14 pm

RIP, Renfield
I don't know if the things I'm thinking are normal thoughts or not!

zoogirl
Killer
Killer

Post by zoogirl » Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:50 am

What a shock! I had the pleasure of meeting Brian in September when he was at the Scrape Records CD signing with Alice. I got to talk to him for what seemed like quite a while. We discussed my stuffed chicken feather and I was delighted when he knew who I was because of the discussion around the boards about my odd souvineer.

The thing that really struck me was how much he was enjoying checking out what the fans had brought along to be signed. He was like a kid at a toy show!

My condolances to his family and the Coopers.
I'm too young to be this old!

Parish
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Parish » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:39 pm

zoogirl wrote: The thing that really struck me was how much he was enjoying checking out what the fans had brought along to be signed. He was like a kid at a toy show!
That was Brian in a nutshell. Although I didn't "know him" as a dear friend would everytime our paths crossed at various Alice appearances he was just so engaged about what fans had brought either as a gift for Alice or as something that they wanted to get signed.

I have a great photo of me giving Alice a portrait of himself that I drew sans makeup at a Trash signing. You can see Alice grinning from ear to ear and Brian ( before his hair change :rock: ) leaning in just so intently to take a look. Both Alice and Brian said, "That's great" or something like that and then Alice signed my Trash album cover "To Matt, thanks alot, your pal, Alice Cooper" it was then that I realized that it was now me who was grinning from ear to ear. Thanks again Brian for always being there for Alice and for his fans...

Dave Conway
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dave Conway » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:48 pm

Very sad, sincere condolences to all.
...And personally, I don't care.

WeirdKat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by WeirdKat » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:01 am

::((: Sad news, and a real loss to the AC community. RIP, Brian.
My carbon footprint wears baby shoes

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:39 pm

I came back from vacation this morning,saw the news ticker,and thought "oh maybe si has an interview with brian"! and then my heart just sank....very sorry to his family and friends.thanks for all the hard work in cooperland brian.wish I had the pleasure to have met you.RIP.

alicespoisonuk
Killer
Killer

Post by alicespoisonuk » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:17 pm

This is just awful news and I still don't want to believe it. Brian will be dreadfully missed. He was a wonderful guy and even though I only met him a few times he was always friendly and took time to chat. My heart goes out to all that were close to him. I don't know what Alice will do without him. Truly sad news.
"You trade your soul for another taste....."