Video: Alice and Dash comment on Obama Appearance

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Wed May 13, 2009 8:16 pm

"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Video: Alice and Dash comment on Obama Appearance

Post by Dannorama » Wed May 13, 2009 8:33 pm

Another REMARKABLE catch! I love seeing AC in the mainstream. Dash looks like he is on the way to the moon.
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

daytripper
Dada God
Dada God

Post by daytripper » Wed May 13, 2009 10:36 pm

:clap: sweet....I am looking for a way to see this live...anyone have any IDEAS ? Im on twitter where a reporter is posting news. Thats all I can find.
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... mID=119834

Here is one too.
http://asunews.asu.edu/grad09_blog
* for being a brat, refusing to act your age*
* http://www.myspace.com/daytripper63 *

daytripper
Dada God
Dada God

Post by daytripper » Thu May 14, 2009 1:18 am

Alice has arrived...here is a picture and her story. Alice gave her Twizzlers.
http://asunews.asu.edu/grad09_blog

Scroll down to 2nd paragraph....as Air Force One is landing.
* for being a brat, refusing to act your age*
* http://www.myspace.com/daytripper63 *

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Wed May 20, 2009 1:09 pm

I've tried to see anything of his Dad in Dash and failed. Nothing physically and nothing in his personality or even mannerisms that I can see. Anyone else?

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed May 20, 2009 2:25 pm

Gunner wrote:I've tried to see anything of his Dad in Dash and failed. Nothing physically and nothing in his personality or even mannerisms that I can see. Anyone else?
We can't talk about personal stuff like this here as people get upset.

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Thu May 21, 2009 11:33 am

Oh aye, yes...especially religion, Alice can comment on it but we can't comment on his comment. There is a danger with topics like that, that they can escalate into a heated debates unrelated to Alice Cooper, BUT the 'close to zero' tolerence here is 'special' and things are 'nipped in the bud' before they are 'a bud'. Shame though, I would love to know if anyone else thinks Dash is nothing like Alice, or whether it was just me that sees nothing in him of his old man!???

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Thu May 21, 2009 11:35 am

...can say though, Calico and (ESPECIALLY) Sonara Rose are very 'Cooperesque'!

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Thu May 21, 2009 12:18 pm

Gunner wrote:...can say though, Calico and (ESPECIALLY) Sonara Rose are very 'Cooperesque'!
I responded and had made a similar comment on a previous thread when you said you saw little resemblance between Alice and Dash. I had said that of Alice's three children, I thought Sonora looked the most like him. I also said that I thought Calico was a blend of Alice and Sheryl and that Dash looked like Sheryl in my opinion.
Last edited by glamprincess on Thu May 21, 2009 12:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

moonshadow
Dada God
Dada God

Post by moonshadow » Thu May 21, 2009 12:19 pm

Have you thought he may take after his mother's side of the family? One of my son's looks like my father did in his 20's,and so looks nothing like his father or me.
You've got to trust your dreamers heart
Nobody else will tell you when you fall apart.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu May 21, 2009 1:35 pm

Gunner wrote:
Oh aye, yes...especially religion, Alice can comment on it but we can't comment on his comment. There is a danger with topics like that, that they can escalate into a heated debates unrelated to Alice Cooper, BUT the 'close to zero' tolerence here is 'special' and things are 'nipped in the bud' before they are 'a bud'.
There are other places you can go to if you don't like it.
Shame though, I would love to know if anyone else thinks Dash is nothing like Alice, or whether it was just me that sees nothing in him of his old man!???
Have I stopped you talking about it? No. Poeple just assumed (in sarcastic fashion as well). I think it's a mute point though as very few here have ever spoken to Dash (and I haven`t in person) and so have a very limited knowledge of how like or not like his dad he is. Personaly I can't think it's really anything that interesting. A lot of kids don't look like their parents. So what?

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu May 21, 2009 2:25 pm

I'm sorry you seem to think some of the comments here are sarcastic Si. All I was doing is pointing out your rules. For example If someone were to mention something about weight, nose etc then an uproar from a certain member will inevitably occur
and we will have reams and reams of posts and other peoples posts being referred to as idiotic etc. To avoid this you should probably lock the thread as we shouldn't be talking about personal stuff. Right?

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Post by kevinuk81 » Thu May 21, 2009 3:17 pm

Not really seen much of Dash, but i don't think he looks like Alice.
Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu May 21, 2009 5:52 pm

Posts deleted.
I'm tired of this.

Pitkin: Obviously Andy will reply to you. You worded your post delibrately to pull him in, knowing what would happen.

Andy: you took the bait, knowing it was bait.

I ask you to not reply to each other, or do it privately if you feel the need. I think the majority are very tired of it.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu May 21, 2009 11:46 pm

Si wrote:Posts deleted.
I'm tired of this.

Pitkin: Obviously Andy will reply to you. You worded your post delibrately to pull him in, knowing what would happen.

Andy: you took the bait, knowing it was bait.

I ask you to not reply to each other, or do it privately if you feel the need. I think the majority are very tired of it.

Point taken.

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Fri May 22, 2009 8:46 am

>>Have you thought he may take after his mother's side of the family?

Yes, I have thought of that. I was just wondering if anyone could see anything of 'Coop' in Dash actually.

>>I responded and had made a similar comment on a previous thread when you said you saw little resemblance between Alice and Dash.

Yes, you did Glam

>> and that Dash looked like Sheryl in my opinion.

Really?? You reckon? Interesting.

>>There are other places you can go to if you don't like it.

There are I imagine...where are they incidentally? But the point is not that actually. I don't really care too much about draconian decisions to lock topics or ban people etc etc, but whether I like it or not doesn't devalue my observation or make my point less in value. Think of an analogy to help you;

Have you ever watched a TV programme, thought is objectionable in some way and even gone as far as felt the need to complain, only be told in response 'you can switch it off'????? What kind of a response is that? Would that frustrate you? Is that a response that addresses peoples needs and concerns? You may say this is different and one must abide my your laws, but the facts of the matter remains that prejudice comes into play here a lot and it is unfortunate and a shame - that's all.

>>Have I stopped you talking about it?

Not yet.

>>Personally I can't think it's really anything that interesting.

No it isn't really to me either come to think about it. I was merely commenting on something different for a change, I can't see why it could be an issue and wondered what others thought. Especially after hearing him talk, he seems even less like his Dad to me.

>>A lot of kids don't look like their parents. So what?

So nothing (although one often detect a little something). Some people don't like 'meet and greet' events, so what? Calico and Sonara are like their Dad we think, so what? Was that a problem comment?

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri May 22, 2009 9:50 am

>but the facts of the matter remains that prejudice comes into play here a lot and it is unfortunate and a shame - that's all.

I hope Si won’t mind if I reply to this (although anyone should be able to reply to anything that’s posted here) but I think you’re slightly missing the point. If Si invited you into his home and asked you not to urinate on the floor, that isn’t “prejudice”, as you put it. It’s a term under which he extends the invitation. This forum is no different. It’s Si’s forum, so his rules apply whether you like them or not. That’s why he gave you the option of leaving.

> I was merely commenting on something different for a change,

Actually, you did a bit more than that. You asked a question, presumably expecting an answer (unless you’re going to tell us it was rhetorical). There’s nothing wrong with that, but, unless it was a rhetorical question, I don’t think it’s honest of you to ‘change’ your original post in the way that you just did. It’s not a big deal - I just thought it was right to point that out as you have a tendency to do that.

>Calico and Sonara are like their Dad we think, so what? Was that a problem comment?

No, I don’t think it was, but I think you’re missing the gist of Si’s reply (no offence, but you always seem to need to have things spelled out for you), which, I think, was that while he didn’t find this subject particularly interesting, neither did he think it necessary to remove your original comment since (and I agree with him) there was nothing actually wrong with it.

WeirdKat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by WeirdKat » Fri May 22, 2009 2:09 pm

I think Dash looks a bit like Alice's mother, from the few pictures I've seen of her.
:)
My carbon footprint wears baby shoes

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sat May 23, 2009 12:38 pm

*brick*