Largest indoor crowd

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

ULTRALATEX
Trash
Trash
Location: EAST KILBRIDE(SCOTLAND) if ever visiting,let me know and I'll buy you a beer

Largest indoor crowd

Post by ULTRALATEX » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:59 pm

I've read (can't remember where)before that Alice said that the original band hold the record for the largest indoor crowd which was in Brazil in the 70's,part of the BDB/MOL tour in73 or 74.I'm sure he said it was over 100,000.Does anyone know if this is true and have more details and if not who holds the record.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Largest indoor crowd

Post by Si » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:09 pm

It's true to the best of my knowledge, although I can`t confirm the exact figure off hand. It was in Brazil on the last tour the ACG did in 1974. There are quite a few photos around from the gig as well showing the chaos at the show.

Marcelocooper
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Re: Largest indoor crowd

Post by Marcelocooper » Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:38 pm

As Si said, it is true, thought it's almost impossible to know precisely the number of people who were there. The legends here in Brazil is that when they came the whole city stoped, everything on the television was about them, stuff like that, but I've seen numbers from 70.000 to 158.000, beeing 77.000 what I was told to be in the Guinees, but I never saw that myself. Alice says on golf monster 158.000, and on monster mania he talked to me a little about that show when he find out that I am from Brazil, and said 158 again. I think this number it the total of people on the whole Brazilian tour, not only for that show. If I"m right the number would probably be arround 120.000 cause the other shows were small ones.
Both Mike and Alice commented about the caos, Michael even asked if nobody died at the show! They said that on the second song they had to go out of the stage and guns were fired to calm people down.
These good little shocks must be working I’m so happy now