Would you buy Alice on vinyl?

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Dhr.Tepes
Trash
Trash

Re: Would you buy Alice on vinyl?

Post by Dhr.Tepes » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:12 am

homerx wrote: going more to MP3. Even some Of Alice's Work is MP3 exclusive. ( such as the itunes ACAS tracks or Alice Does Alice)
The ACAS tracks have been released on the Bigger Picture version of the album.

About the vinyl.
Got everything except Constrictor and DragonTown. (but the last one never was released as far as I know)
Love Vinyl! But would I buy the re-releases? Hell, Yeah!
At least if I have the money...
With the Old School box, the tour, Brutal Planet vinyl, the new one... It's getting hard...

BTW: Killer is very easy to get in the NL. As it has Halo Of Flies wich was a massive hit over here.

homerx
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by homerx » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:28 am

Dragontown Isn't on vinyl yet. I would guess Night Of The Living Vinyl Dead will do it at some point as theyv'e already done 2 so far.

I just Ordered a NM copy of Killer of Ebay so that should be here in a week or so as its only a few states over.

Being a fan of Alice is expensive right now like said with the Boxset, Brutal Planet, shows. And the upcomming album. Consdering the moorhead show. Going to wit for the. Old school. Set and get Tickets after that...

homerx
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by homerx » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:20 am

A new killer reissue seems to be listed for October 16th 2012. I hope its true and is a good reissue. One of those albums I've been waiting for to get a reissue. I have 2 versions on LP as is. Anther version could be good....

tuneylune
Dada God
Dada God

Post by tuneylune » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:38 pm

homerx wrote:A new killer reissue seems to be listed for October 16th 2012. I hope its true and is a good reissue. One of those albums I've been waiting for to get a reissue. I have 2 versions on LP as is. Anther version could be good....
You intrigue me, Sir!!! Will there be any extras on it (true, we got lots of demos and the awesome St.Louis show on OLD SCHOOL, but another KILLER show would be just fine!)? Had almost all of the collection on vinyl, but CDs do take up less room and a lot of my old albums were scratched from many parties and just constant overplaying.
"I need everything the world owes me..."

cherrypie
Spacebrain Vagabond
Spacebrain Vagabond

Post by cherrypie » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:22 pm

On vinyl, I have
Pretties
Easy Action
LITD
Killer
SO
B$B
Muscle
Nightmare x 2
GTH
Constrictor
RYFAY
Trash
W2MN
inc 4 that I bought in the 70's.(lost a few along the way) I love the covers, but I always thought the sound was a bit crap, personally. Don't have a turntable either, so perhaps I should get one just to check up on that. Used to irritate me to death when they jumped, but I 'd quite like to hear them now, t'would be quite nostaglic.
I hate Opera, I hate Oprah
http://www.fountainlife.blogspot.com

Diane D.
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Diane D. » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:07 pm

homerx wrote:A new killer reissue seems to be listed for October 16th 2012. I hope its true and is a good reissue. One of those albums I've been waiting for to get a reissue. I have 2 versions on LP as is. Anther version could be good....
I have the original Killer, with the calendar, which is for my collection, and the CD for listening. This one, will it be a 180 grams?
[

Diane D.
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Diane D. » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:13 pm

cherrypie wrote:On vinyl, I have
Pretties
Easy Action
LITD
Killer
SO
B$B
Muscle
Nightmare x 2
GTH
Constrictor
RYFAY
Trash
W2MN
inc 4 that I bought in the 70's.(lost a few along the way) I love the covers, but I always thought the sound was a bit crap, personally. Don't have a turntable either, so perhaps I should get one just to check up on that. Used to irritate me to death when they jumped, but I 'd quite like to hear them now, t'would be quite nostaglic.
Hi Cherrypie, it all depends on how much you want to pay for a turntable. It won't jump if you put your turntable on a special turntable rack made expecially for turntables that you install on the wall.
[

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:08 pm

Indeed I would buy Alice on vinyl as long as it was not a "jo ripoffsky" price-I already have some AC vinyl from the 70s...and tuneylune you should have looked after your vinyl at parties as well as you care for your fine cat(see avatar)..
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

homerx
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by homerx » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:23 pm

tuneylune wrote:
You intrigue me, Sir!!! Will there be any extras on it (true, we got lots of demos and the awesome St.Louis show on OLD SCHOOL, but another KILLER show would be just fine!)? Had almost all of the collection on vinyl, but CDs do take up less room and a lot of my old albums were scratched from many parties and just constant overplaying.

Ahh, put out buy Friday Music. 180g

http://www.fridaymusic.com/releases/cooper.html#killer

They have done a few Cooper reissues School's Out, Welcome To My Nightmare and A Fistful Of Alice.
Should be interesting as I those albums sounded good. But the covers weren't the best.

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:33 am

I think the blurb on friday music says Killer cover designed by Alice himself- is this correct?
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

cherrypie
Spacebrain Vagabond
Spacebrain Vagabond

Post by cherrypie » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:54 pm

Hi Cherrypie, it all depends on how much you want to pay for a turntable. It won't jump if you put your turntable on a special turntable rack made expecially for turntables that you install on the wall.

Thanks. Might look into that, although I'm pretty sure mine will jump whatever. I played them so much that the original grooves have disappeared here and there :grin:
I hate Opera, I hate Oprah
http://www.fountainlife.blogspot.com

tuneylune
Dada God
Dada God

Post by tuneylune » Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:31 pm

recoop wrote:Indeed I would buy Alice on vinyl as long as it was not a "jo ripoffsky" price-I already have some AC vinyl from the 70s...and tuneylune you should have looked after your vinyl at parties as well as you care for your fine cat(see avatar)..
How right you are! I hang my head in shame :( :( :( -still bought three a vinyl copies of it and my pink nosed furry big boy SHOULD know how I love him...Don't even let anyone borrow it unless I get a couple of equal value items and if for some reason my lovely wife would borrow it, would make her swear to bring back and put it away ASAP. Some things you just can't compromise...
"I need everything the world owes me..."

old school vet
Killer
Killer

Post by old school vet » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:44 pm

Recoop wrote - I think the blurb on friday music says Killer cover designed by Alice himself- is this correct?

Dennis Dunaway came up with the infant style wording of Killer.

Owepar
Trash
Trash

Post by Owepar » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:52 am

I would absolutely reinvest in a new vinyl pressing of "DaDa." Until I got the CD, I thought the album sucked. Once I got the CD, I discovered it was the vinyl itself that sucked. For reasons I can neither explain nor thoroughly understand, that flimsy '80s vinyl stock wrecked the synth sound on that album -- it sounds tinny from start to finish. I've had numerous turntables over the years and bought a second lp of that release and still find it unlistenable. But since finding the CD in the mid-90s, it's become my very favorite Cooper album.

homerx
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by homerx » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:37 am

I've had the Killer 180g 2012 Friday music vinyl for som weeks now. I must say it sounds quite good. Well done Friday Music Well done.

Now if we can Muscule of love. All will be well. As much of the later stuff is new enough to find nice copies of
In terms of Dada. I find the EU versions to be best. One of the Issues with mid 80+ vinyl is the vinyl used was. Often from used. Records. That were melted down then re used to make new ones. This is a result Of CD and tape squashing the sales of Vinyl at the time.

homerx
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by homerx » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:53 pm

Muscle Of Love reissue on Vinyl February 26, 2013.

http://www.amazon.com/Muscle-Love-Alice ... love+vinyl

This could be good. As its not been reissued before. I hope they do the cover justice.

Looks to be done by Friday Music. Each release they have done has gotten better.
http://ada-music.com/release?id=adarele ... g206458124

HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:55 am

Welcome to My Nightmare sounds especially good on vinyl!
"THEY'RE NEVER GONNA FIND YOUR FACE"

- ALICE COOPER

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:24 am

homerx wrote:Muscle Of Love reissue on Vinyl February 26, 2013.

http://www.amazon.com/Muscle-Love-Alice ... love+vinyl

This could be good. As its not been reissued before. I hope they do the cover justice.

Looks to be done by Friday Music. Each release they have done has gotten better.
http://ada-music.com/release?id=adarele ... g206458124
That's GREAT news, thanks.