M.O.L vs ACAS-WHICH DO YOU PREFER

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

M.O.L vs ACAS-WHICH DO YOU PREFER

Post by recoop » Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:57 pm

I've listened to both lately and its Along Came a Spider for me...1 nil to the spider over the muscle so far...no idea how to create a voting list ..but come on lets hear from you all
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Re: M.O.L vs ACAS-WHICH DO YOU PREFER

Post by mestreech » Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:33 pm

I think Muscle of Love was a GREAT album, could maybe some better if they put more effort in it.
But is way ahead on the Along came a spider.
This album was a great chance to make it to a killer album but also on this one he missed an huge opportunity.
Could have been his best album in decades.

But for me Muscle of love is the winner.

eric

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:53 pm

I can't compare the two albums because they were made at two different points in Alice's career, two different influences musically and culturally, two very different albums sound-wise... I could go on.

They each have their own place to me.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

Seriously
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Seriously » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:07 pm

Not even going there!

TeresofBlood
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by TeresofBlood » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:32 pm

I'm sure we can all agree on one thing. Along Came A Spider is a much more consistent artistic statement. Muscle of Love is a bit all over the place.

Alice is probably prouder of his work on ACAS. Then again, Alice might hate ACAS, since it is so heavily dominated by the terrible producers. This is sort of off-topic, but I wonder if Alice loves ACAS and thinks he accomplished what he set out to or if he just endorses the project, even though he sees it as a failure, due to the control-freak producers. If I ever meet him, I might ask him... gingerly.

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:46 am

I believe I recall a member here posting that they talked to Alice about ACAS, and that he was proud of it. Now....if I could just remember who and which thread...... I'd look tonight, if it weren't bedtime. Maybe I'll find it tomorrow.
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:06 am

alice seems genuinely proud of ACAS,as he should.it's ACAS for me,but MOL ain't far behind.I just think of it as the alice cooper groups Let it be,meaning I can't listen to it without being a little sad.solid farewell though.

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:43 am

Why compare these two in particular?

I didn't even have to deliberate over this one, ACAS is, for me, the worst thing he has ever done!

DaveJay
Killer
Killer

Post by DaveJay » Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:11 pm

....Two totally different albums, with two sets of totally different musicians....plus the "Age" Difference between their releases, doesn't really matter to me.....I like to play ACAS LOUD, and M.O.L. a little softer sometimes ( and LOUD somtimes too...).
Though, if I must be honest, MOL has not "Aged" that well.....But it still gets dragged Kickin' and screamin' to the stereo every now and then....
I dunno why so many Coop fans seem to have a "Down" on ACAS....it's not THAT Bad!!
Well, I liked it on first hearing anyway...just like I did when i bought Muscle....Cooper ROCKS, and thats all that matters to me......
Billion Dollar Boobles!!!

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Post by kevinuk81 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:53 pm

Gunner, if you have seen the video of Alice talking about the new show on the front page, and if not, why not? Then are you going to leave the arena when Alice plays any or all of the ACAS songs? Not the worst he has done by far.
Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.

daytripper
Dada God
Dada God

Post by daytripper » Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:42 pm

I like them both. ACAS is still growing me.
But I cant compare the two. ::((:
* for being a brat, refusing to act your age*
* http://www.myspace.com/daytripper63 *

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:52 am

Gunner wrote:Why compare these two in particular?

I didn't even have to deliberate over this one, ACAS is, for me, the worst thing he has ever done!

It's up there with the worst. Maybe we should have a poll.
Each decade should have its own section. I didn't even end up buying the album after hearing the on line samples.

Jumping Jack
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Jumping Jack » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:53 am

I am looking forward to the ACAS tour this fall. Maybe Damon will be doing Slash's parts. WooHoo.

Take out the clapping and overproduction and beef up the guitars and ACAS could work well on stage. Maybe the production will be a bit more enhanced as many here seem to want.

I am excited about the possibilities.
Caffeine! Caffeine!
Amphetamine
A little speed is all I need
Caffeine! Caffeine!

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:11 am

Not the worst he has done by far.
It is for my tastes Kevin, I have no desire to play it again in my life after a few forced listens after the initial one. I even put Constrictor ahead of it - and that's saying something!!

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Post by kevinuk81 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:04 pm

I know it is a matter of personal opinion Gunner, not disputing that at all, and i also like Constrictor and at the risk of ridicule, i very much like Thrill my Gorilla,
Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.

Baz
Gaye Blade
Gaye Blade

Post by Baz » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:54 pm

NotSoPerfect wrote:I believe I recall a member here posting that they talked to Alice about ACAS, and that he was proud of it. Now....if I could just remember who and which thread...... I'd look tonight, if it weren't bedtime. Maybe I'll find it tomorrow.

I wouldn`t really expect him to say anything else.
I`m one of the `Over 50`s `.

Luney Tune
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Luney Tune » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:55 pm

This is easy. MOL is far far better than ACAS which is the most dissapointing AC album as long as i have been following AC ( since 74`)It had so much potential, great layout, story etc but it failed big time. MOL on the other hand is Alice`s most underrated album. Lots of magnificent R&R songs. On my Top five Alice album list.
Not one ACAS song is better than any on MOL and that includes Crazy Little Child.
It`s all in this luney tune....

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:27 am

Jumping Jack wrote:Take out the clapping and overproduction and beef up the guitars and ACAS could work well on stage. Maybe the production will be a bit more enhanced as many here seem to want.

I am excited about the possibilities.
Having seen and heard (In Touch With) Your Feminine Side live on the Canadian tour more than once, I can tell you the sound was fantastic and the band treated it like gold. It seemed to work so well on stage (not just where it was placed in the setlist but with the attitude of what Alice and the band were trying to project on the audience) and it had a perfect balance between all the musicians. Guitars were beefy indeed.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:19 am

interesting post shoey...i think ACAS could be worked well live with rockier approach (minus handclapping etc)-I started this string as both MOL and ACAS seemed to be getting fair bit of discussion on the board-so I started to compare them..radically different of course...but just interesting to me to compare the last ACG outing with latest AC soloish outing (30 odd years apart)-the thing is I think Alice makes most records work well live..i still like both records but prefer ACAS...to me both are a little patchy but with touches of brilliance-as a sidenote would love to hear some more MOL live like...Never Been Sold before/Big Apple
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:54 pm

I don't think it's fair to compare these two albums as one was released in 1973 and the other was released in 2008. Back in 1973, Alice and the band were 25 years old, rock music was all-important and they were the most popular band in the world. In 2008, Alice was 60 years old and classic rock music has to compete with rap and hip hop, not to mention other entertainment such as video games and the internet. These two albums were released in two totally different eras.