M.O.L

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

jacknifejohnny
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

M.O.L

Post by jacknifejohnny » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:50 pm

Just came back from Tampa airport, sun roof down, 85 degrees and popped in the Muscle Of Love c.d. Havn't listened to this album for ages. It just blew me away, love every track, never used to like " Woman Machine ", now i think it is one of the best on the album. Hope it's not because i have subconsiously been rating Alices later albums higher than i really think i should have, but damn, that original band was the bollox.....and that was supposedly their weakest effort.

jacknifejohnny
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Re: M.O.L

Post by jacknifejohnny » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:01 pm

Sorry guys, should have put this in the General Information bracket. If anyone knows how to swap it over, feel free to do so.

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:05 am

I think the first two albums were so much weaker than MOL.they were at least polished at this point.but yes,a really solid album IMO.glad I picked it up when I found it,ironically at the rock hall of fame CD store!!!

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:15 am

I really like MOL and always have. OK, it's not got all the usual darker themes, the big production etc, but it's a good solid rock album with good songs well structured. I actually do wish they had toured this in their jeans like the band wanted to, I think Alice as a straight ahead rocker works!

Luney Tune
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Luney Tune » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:59 pm

Very very good album, top five. ACG most underrated album. Great sound, fantastic guitar playing.
Very nice singing from Alice too. Yes I like this album a hell of a lot !!!!
It`s all in this luney tune....

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:25 am

MOL took a while to grow on me, partly because I finally got my hands on a copy long after I was into Coop's music and I was waaaay into Heavy Metal Alice at the time. What helped me get into it was Crazy Little Child, Hard Hearted Alice and Working Up A Sweat.

Although not my favorite, I have many memories of Muscle Of Love while sitting in the garage with a few... er, soda pops with the album playing in the background.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...