Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Box Set Question

Post by pitkin88 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:57 am

Does anyone know why the b'side of " Don't Blow Your Mind "
" No Price Tag " was left of the box set? It should definitely be on there and is a Cooper/Buxton composition for Glen's sake. I find it unbelievable that Renfield would chose to omit it.

Has it been released on cd at all or needledropped?

aliceclone12
Killer
Killer

Re: Box Set Question

Post by aliceclone12 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:53 pm

to my knowledge no price tag wasnt on the spiders dont blow your mind lp there was 4 tracks on it dont blow your mind, hitch hike, why dont you love me and another track not no price tag, but isnt that tarck on boots only?
The words I speak are true, we're all humanary stew, if we don't pledge allegiance to, AC12

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:39 pm

I have nothing of value to contribute to the question. Only an honest answer from Renfield/Alice/Shep could answer that one but it was one of the many ommissions on that box set.

I've bellyached about that box set enough but just to flog a dead horse - WTF Renfield?!? And now that Rhino has re-issued PFY and EA with no bonus tracks - it seems once again that we won't see an official release.

Don't know if it's been put on a silver cd boot (do they still make those things?) but I would imagine someone has offered up a digi-version at the usual places.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:46 pm

> Does anyone know why the b'side of " Don't Blow Your Mind "
" No Price Tag " was left of the box set?

It might have been because there wasn't enough space to include absolutely everything and they also may have thought that that particular incarnation of the band was adequately represented.

Evan442
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Evan442 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:45 pm

i think the box set is excellent...but why put half of MUSCLE OF LOVE on there but only 2 from SCHOOL'S OUT, which was more of a pinnacle album for the band....eh who knows, it's awesome either way!
myspace.com/himelnator
myspace.com/chopx3

Jason
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Jason » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:01 am

I liked the boxset when it came out. I most looking foward to the stuff I didn't have (obviously).

Before it came out, I had been hoping for some album tracks/singles, but with more of alternate takes and/or demos, live stuff as well. But it had a few rarities.

The Spiders "No Price Tag" & "Wonder Who's Loving Her Now by The Nazz, the A-side of single (b/w the original "Lay Down And Die, Goodbye"). I've since found bootleg copies of these songs, they're understandably not the greatest quality but definetly listenable.
"Same as always, different as ever"