Rock&Roll Hall Of Fame

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

RB-Tone
Trash
Trash

Re: Rock&Roll Hall Of Fame

Post by RB-Tone » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:22 am

It's long been known that the R&R HOF is politically motivated. Unfortunately Alice started professing his admiration for 2 particularly nasty mammals, namely George W Bush and Jesus at just the time when he would have been due to be inducted. Unless he finds more pleasant characters to admire in the future, it seems unlikely that he will ever be inducted.

RB-Tone
Trash
Trash

Post by RB-Tone » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:26 am

likeamonster wrote:Hey! What do think about it?
Kiss isn't in there and Alice Cooper isn't in there too. But they put Madonna and Michael Jackson in the ROCK&ROLL Hall Of Fame! :x ::((: :nono:

It is unfair because the music of Madonna and Michael Jackson (of course they are famous and of course they are great artists,too) isn't Rock&Roll.
BUT: If I see those bands which are in the "hall" I think Alice Cooper and Kiss are too great for it.....
Well Kiss shouldn't be in there regrdless of their political views as they are useless musicians...but I agree with the rest of your statement

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:34 am

RB-Tone wrote: Well Kiss shouldn't be in there regrdless of their political views as they are useless musicians...but I agree with the rest of your statement
Not tht I agree in any case, but being a technically brilliant musician or not has NOTHING to do with being in the Hall of Shame, nor is it needed to make great rock music.
See Ramones, Pistols, (most punk actually), and hundreds of others, who probably wouldn`t claim to be great musicians as such.
You could also argue that the ACG were not brilliant musicians when they released LITD or Killer!! Didn`t matter, they were unique and created a unique and influencial sound which is far more important then playing 100 notes a second. You can know three chords and make a great rock record.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:03 am

>It's long been known that the R&R HOF is politically motivated.

That cannot be proven.

> Unless he finds more pleasant characters to admire in the future, it seems unlikely that he will ever be inducted.

So how come Johnny Ramone and Joe Perry are in there, then? They claimed to be Republicans. How about all the Christian performers that are in there?

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:53 am

RB-Tone wrote:It's long been known that the R&R HOF is politically motivated. Unfortunately Alice started professing his admiration for 2 particularly nasty mammals, namely George W Bush and Jesus at just the time when he would have been due to be inducted. Unless he finds more pleasant characters to admire in the future, it seems unlikely that he will ever be inducted.
Jann Wenner has his musical biases and Alice fell out of favour long before he discovered Jeebus.

Alice, Rush, Jethro Tull, Iron Maiden, Yes, Motorhead all deserve to be in there and aren't and won't (anytime soon) and it ain't because of Santa Claus up in the clouds or any political allegiance.

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:15 am

RB-Tone wrote:It's long been known that the R&R HOF is politically motivated. Unfortunately Alice started professing his admiration for 2 particularly nasty mammals, namely George W Bush and Jesus at just the time when he would have been due to be inducted. Unless he finds more pleasant characters to admire in the future, it seems unlikely that he will ever be inducted.
I'm sorry, but that is utter crap.

I hate the way everyone seems to have conspiracy theorys about the bloody R&R HOF. WHO CARES ANYWAY?!

I have no wish for Alice to be inducted into this horrible commercial joke. I prefer my Alice to be just the way he is....adored by his fans and misunderstood by many. Fame is a mask that eats into the face. The R&RHOF is a company made by Record Companies for Record Companies in order for those Record Companies to make money.....end of.

Lisacooper91
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Lisacooper91 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:03 pm

While Heaven Wept wrote: I have no wish for Alice to be inducted into this horrible commercial joke. I prefer my Alice to be just the way he is....adored by his fans and misunderstood by many. Fame is a mask that eats into the face. The R&RHOF is a company made by Record Companies for Record Companies in order for those Record Companies to make money.....end of.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
The sanest days are mad.

RB-Tone
Trash
Trash

Post by RB-Tone » Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:30 am

I don't disagree that it's only a theory, but what other explaination can there possibly be considering some of the non-entities that have been inducted recently?

Among other things;

AC was one of the first artists to utilise a multi-level stage.

One of the first to produce a conceptual music video (Elected)

Held the record (albeit briefly) for the largest grossing tour - previously held by the Rolling Stones.

Virtually invented theatrics in a rock n roll scenario - just look at the Rocky Horror Picture Show and MJ's Thriller (which even used a voice-over by Vincent Price).....

...I could go on all day....

Then RNRHOF inducted: RUN DMC who aren't even rock!

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:07 am

>I don't disagree that it's only a theory, but what other explaination can there possibly be considering some of the non-entities that have been inducted recently?

Read some of the previous posts on this subject.