Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Alice on the OGWT

Post by A_MichaelUK » Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:09 pm

>Then I may have been really crazy

"There's many a true word spoken in jest" (assuming that's the correct phrase).

>and highly upsetting to you

Don't flatter yourself.

>and said 'thanks for that info about his red and orange undies that day,

That's exactly my point. Why should I answer what I THINK are your questions, when I could answer what I KNOW are your questions? Why should I have to assume that I know what you're referring to?

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:29 pm

:yawn:

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Post by kevinuk81 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:30 pm

This is a fun post.
Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:40 pm

Any more posts that argue about the question, rather than address it, will be removed.

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:49 am

Well, it seems after 34 years I still can get no more information about this interview other than its date...and a very brief clip on Prime Cuts.

Nobody ever seems to have seen it, apart from my parents! If it weren't for that clip on Prime Cuts, I would doubt its existence I think. All I can deduce is that it must have been ONE VERY FORGETTABLE INTERVIEW!

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:28 am

I suppose there are many 70's pre 'home video recorder' Cooper clips that TV companies have not seen fit to air again and that this is one.

Still, I would be interested to learn if anyone has ever seen this other than my parents and miss.bliss!??

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:45 pm

Gunner wrote:Nobody ever seems to have seen it, apart from my parents! If it weren't for that clip on Prime Cuts, I would doubt its existence I think. All I can deduce is that it must have been ONE VERY FORGETTABLE INTERVIEW!
I think the reason people don't know the interview is due to other factors and not because it's forgettable. I would imagine that the interview is probably an interesting one but that people here don't know it because:
1) The majority of people who post on this board seem to be too young to have been able to watch the broadcast of this interview. Unlike the original Sickthings list where there were some "old-time" fans from the early 70s, this board seems to have a lot of members who were just babies or not even born yet during that era.
2) Some UK AC fans at the time may not have been aware of the broadcast of that interview and just missed it.
3) Non-UK fans (like me) didn't get the chance to see it as it didn't air outside the UK. If it had aired in the US, then I probably would have seen it or known someone who did.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:15 pm

>I think the reason people don't know the interview is due to other factors and not because it's forgettable.

Exactly.

miss.bliss
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by miss.bliss » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:28 pm

I was 11. My Dad loved the OGWT and Bob Harris and he sometimes let me watch it. But he was a strict teetotaller maybe he sent me to bed coz he thought AC was a bit the worse for wear .... anyway it cured my David Cassidy fixation !
I'm so scared your little head will come of in my hands

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:21 pm

miss.bliss wrote:I was 11........ anyway it cured my David Cassidy fixation !
That's funny because I'm another big Alice fan who was originally a big David Cassidy fan. Why we switched from David Cassidy....to Alice Cooper....is a mystery in itself!

daytripper
Dada God
Dada God

Post by daytripper » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:22 pm

Mine too....I forgot all about Donny Osmond.
* for being a brat, refusing to act your age*
* http://www.myspace.com/daytripper63 *

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:50 am

>I think the reason people don't know the interview is due to other factors and not because it's forgettable.

Exactly.
My words have been taken out of context and/or misunderstood (suprise!!); I gave my reasons for why people may have missed this interview being basically because BBC have not aired it again and/or released it in video format (Also, Glam's comment about it being UK is valid too). The 'ONE VERY FORGETTABLE INTERVIEW!' comment was in the context of WHY it has not been aired again really folks.

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:57 am

Why we switched from David Cassidy....to Alice Cooper....is a mystery in itself!
Maybe 'the villain' preferred to the 'good guy'??

They were big buddies you know? Cooper and Cassidy.

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:11 am

This does prompt a question of a psychological and somewhat philosphical nature:

Why do women prioritise physical appeal as criteria for enjoying the work of a particular musical artist and men do not at all?

Headbangers Ball
Yorkshire Rose
Yorkshire Rose

Post by Headbangers Ball » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:35 am

glamprincess wrote:
miss.bliss wrote:I was 11........ anyway it cured my David Cassidy fixation !
That's funny because I'm another big Alice fan who was originally a big David Cassidy fan. Why we switched from David Cassidy....to Alice Cooper....is a mystery in itself!
Ha ha ha! Thats really funny. I was also a big DC fan. Saturday afternoons watching the 'Partridge Family' was definately the highlight of the weekend!

I seem to remember being 14 and then 16 when I first saw Alice. I think in that two year gap DC faded from the scene? Either that or his 'pretty boy' looks couldn't hold a candle to the smouldering Alice!

What'd ya think gals?
IF YOU GET UP IN THE MORNING, ITS A GOOD DAY!

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:21 am

>My words have been taken out of context and/or misunderstood (suprise!!);

Maybe you should be more specific then, as already requested.

>I gave my reasons for why people may have missed this interview

What glamprincess did was to expand on your reasons and give further suggestions as to why it had nothing to do with the interview being "FORGETTABLE" (which you acknowledge).

> being basically because BBC have not aired it again and/or released it in video format

But you could say that about most BBC interviews, which may or may not be "FORGETTABLE". The BBC rarely releases interviews "in video format", irrespective of whether or not those interviews are "FORGETTABLE". The reason most people here can't comment on this interview, is for the very reason you gave - hardly anyone on this board has seen it. They're no big mystery about it.

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:18 pm

Gunner wrote:This does prompt a question of a psychological and somewhat philosphical nature:

Why do women prioritise physical appeal as criteria for enjoying the work of a particular musical artist and men do not at all?
Honestly, I don't think that's a statement that's 100% true. Sure, it doesn't hurt if you enjoy what you're looking at, but it's not required. More often than not, I decide if I like someone based upon their music before I even know what they look like.

And as far as guys prioritising "not at all" in that fashion....I disagree. I have zero idea of how many do or don't...but all I'm gonna say is....The Pussycat Dolls. :laugh:
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:23 pm

Honestly, I don't think that's a statement that's 100% true.
No, it isn't. My wife (to be in three weeks) mainly likes classical music. It is generally true though as hysteria at pop concerts will illustrate, and it is not true in the case of men at all. It is to do with 'knights in shining armour' or as Alice would put it; 'Fantasy Man'.

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:36 pm

Gunner wrote:
Why we switched from David Cassidy....to Alice Cooper....is a mystery in itself!
Maybe 'the villain' preferred to the 'good guy'??
Maybe it wasn't about preferring the "villain" but the fact that Alice was just so much cooler. Alice Cooper was just the coolest guy around. I remember seeing Alice on television when he was a presenter at the Grammy Awards in 1974. All the other men at the Grammys were wearing tuxedos and along comes Alice Cooper and he's got hair past his shoulders, eyeliner around his eyes and he's wearing a black leather jacket over his BARE CHEST! Everyone else was wearing a tux and Alice wasn't even wearing a shirt! Alice Cooper was just so much cooler than everyone else.

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:45 pm

Gunner wrote:
I guess for the same reason that: men prioritise physical appeal as criteria for enjoying the work of female celebrities and women do not care at all.

I notice that a lot of male posters make comments that Calico or some female celebrity is "Hot" and that doesn't get any response at all. But for some reason, it generates a response if female posters make comments that Alice or some male celebrity is sexy. I'm sorry, but it seems like there's a double standard to me.

Well you got your wish, a lot more people are posting and there's a lot more activity on SickthingsUK now!