Blue Turk

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

zoogirl
Killer
Killer

Blue Turk

Post by zoogirl » Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:24 am

I have a buddy on another message board who is wondering about Blue Turk. She's interested in the title and the story in general.

Anyone know much about the song and it's origins? I was embarressed to have to say I didn't know anything about it myself. Thanks!
I'm too young to be this old!

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Blue Turk

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:35 pm

>I have a buddy on another message board who is wondering about Blue Turk. She's interested in the title and the story in general.

According to Glen Buxton, the song title is a reference to "Blue Ronda a la Turk" by "The Dave Brubeck Quartet". There's some other information at:http://www.sickthingsuk.co.uk/albums/a-so.php

BellaDonna
Killer
Killer

Post by BellaDonna » Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:27 am

Hey Zoo!!

It's one of my favorites! I'm listening to it as I write this (thanks for giving me reason to "dig it out"!).

I've no idea of its origins - see above for that...as for the 'feel' of it: it's great for those little 'Alice sounds' - non-word verbal sounds that convey a feeling - in this case for me it conveys a 'double entendre' that just could be sexual, but possibly not, mixed with roses, earthworms, graveyards and cold etc..., then you let the end decide it for you! Very, very cool song! :) I highly recommend a listen!

Much Well,

BD
..We're finally alone. Wash the dust from your hair now, I don't care if you ever get home..

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:21 am

andy mentioned buxtons comments,and I'll say that on you tube there is a glen tribute video,where he speaks of blue turk conjoring up an imagery of a jazz club in the early morning hours!

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:16 pm

Isn't it an early 'Alice necrophilia' thing lyrically?? That's all I could ever make of the lyrics!??

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:25 pm

>the song title is a reference to "Blue Ronda a la Turk"

That should be "Blue Rondo a la Turk".

SKULLBOY
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by SKULLBOY » Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:35 am

Gunner wrote:Isn't it an early 'Alice necrophilia' thing lyrically?? That's all I could ever make of the lyrics!??
That's the feel I always got from it. Listen to the words, it's a very sexual necrophila song.
"I was scared to death, afraid to close my eyes
And find that I was gone . . . "

Gorehound
Blonde and Proud butler
Blonde and Proud butler

Post by Gorehound » Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:07 pm

SKULLBOY wrote:
Gunner wrote:Isn't it an early 'Alice necrophilia' thing lyrically?? That's all I could ever make of the lyrics!??
That's the feel I always got from it. Listen to the words, it's a very sexual necrophila song.
That's the way I always interpreted it too, great song!
Flesh fanatic psychopath