2008 Pudding

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

2008 Pudding

Post by NotSoPerfect » Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:28 pm

So....the Pudding is only 2 weeks away now....CRAZY how fast that's come up!

Who all on here is going? And which act are you most excited to see? (other than the obvious, Alice, of course!)

I can't wait to see Whiskey Falls again, and think it'll be awesome if we get treated to "Vengeance" live with Slash! But really...if the man is there, they almost have to play that song! :laugh:

:rock:

Also...if the playing of the entire "Killer" album happens, that'll be pretty darned cool. "Dead Babies" and "Halo" should get the non-Alice-fan-audience's interest, I'd think. And I've love to hear "You Drive Me Nervous" again, as well as "Yeah, Yeah, Yeah" for the first time.

*crossing my fingers it'll be lots warmer than Wisconsin that weekend!*

:tree:

(And as an aside...keep an eye out for Whiskey Falls news....those boys have some fantastic stuff coming up!!)
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Re: 2008 Pudding

Post by Shoesalesman » Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:49 am

Have a fun time, guys!
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

Malchik
Killer
Killer

Post by Malchik » Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:53 am

God I wish I could attend one of these at least once. How far is Phoenix from Toronto?

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:29 am

2,292 miles (or...3,690 km)

That's one 1 day and 10 hours, if you drive non-stop at the speed limit!

sparkinthedark
DiS ViciOuS stalker
DiS ViciOuS stalker

Post by sparkinthedark » Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:33 am

Aside from seeing Alice, I'm probably most excited about just getting to see a bunch of my friends again! :clap: :laugh:
aLL HeaRt
>---❤️--->

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:33 am

Could be wrong but I thought they were going to play the (original) 'Greatest Hits' album? Most of which is almost permanently in the show anyway haha

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:27 pm

Yeah, doesn't he usually try to keep this a family event? Not sure how Killer/Dead Babies would go down at such a thing if so! Should save that kind of thing for the fans IMHO, that's just me though. (which looking back at it now he sort of already does that since the entire Killer album has been performed in the past few years sans "Yeah, Yeah, Yeah!")
Me = Winning

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:30 pm

Si wrote:Could be wrong but I thought they were going to play the (original) 'Greatest Hits' album? Most of which is almost permanently in the show anyway haha
Yeah,I just heard that the other day from someone. And my info was older, so it's entirely possible it changed--Alice likes to do that! KK mentioned in Boston that the plan was to play "Killer" as "Coop wants to do something different this year." (And I did clarify he meant album, instead of song!) When I looked, it wasn't surprising as there's only one song on that album that this band (minus Jason for a few) hasn't played together recently.

But...things change, "Greatest Hits" is sure as heck possible....though Sparky said she'd just heard Alice is slotted for 10 songs, meaning he couldn't do the whole "Greatest Hits." And if Slash is there, I'd think "Vengeance" is pretty likely.

Either way...give it two weeks, and we'll all know! :)

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:44 pm

NotSoPerfect wrote:
Si wrote:Could be wrong but I thought they were going to play the (original) 'Greatest Hits' album? Most of which is almost permanently in the show anyway haha
Yeah,I just heard that the other day from someone. And my info was older, so it's entirely possible it changed--Alice likes to do that! KK mentioned in Boston that the plan was to play "Killer" as "Coop wants to do something different this year." (And I did clarify he meant album, instead of song!) When I looked, it wasn't surprising as there's only one song on that album that this band (minus Jason for a few) hasn't played together recently.

But...things change, "Greatest Hits" is sure as heck possible....though Sparky said she'd just heard Alice is slotted for 10 songs, meaning he couldn't do the whole "Greatest Hits." And if Slash is there, I'd think "Vengeance" is pretty likely.

Either way...give it two weeks, and we'll all know! :)
That's interesting, thanks for the info NSP. Plus I hope you have a great time at the show....and everyone else who is attending! And let us all know how it went when you get back!
If Alice does indeed play Killer at that event, that would be something else. Alice doing the unexpected....

sparkinthedark
DiS ViciOuS stalker
DiS ViciOuS stalker

Post by sparkinthedark » Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:31 pm

Just throwing it out again - the figures are still pretty much the same (feel free to check):

Attending the Pudding show and not booked any accommodation yet?

Alice Cooper's Maidens (female fans - if you've ever been within earshot of me you'll have heard of them ) have blocked off some rooms at the Hyatt Regency Phoenix (easy walking distance of the Dodge theatre - no parking or cab fares to worry about) and we've secured a very good rate. We have a couple of rooms left and thought it would be nice to give other Sickies the opportunity of taking them up. There's two options:

3 night stay (arrive Friday 12th and check out Monday 15th) for just under $460.00 USD

4 night stay (arrive Thursday 11th and check out Monday 15th) for just under $660.00 USD

This might look expensive on the face of it, but maybe it'll seem more inviting if I say that the 3 night stay is around $180.00 USD cheaper than the best available rate if you go direct to the Hyatt and if you go for the four night option you can save a very impressive $263.00!

All rates above include tax.

You can go for a king bed room or a two bedded room (why not split the cost with a fellow Sickie?) - rates are room only, so no meals included.

And no - you won't be expected to hang out with the Maidens. I'm not that evil.

If you're interested send me a PM and I'll answer any questions you may have - I hope some of you will take up this great money-saving opportunity! Go on - spoil yourself!
aLL HeaRt
>---❤️--->

Give the kid a break
Killer
Killer

Post by Give the kid a break » Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:20 pm

How large is the venue? I've never had the pleasure of going to a Pudding event. Does Alice go for full on make-up & show, or does he sing as himself with more of a scaled down set?
NSP I am envious of you, and all others attending! have fun!
Don't know why i'm down here, must be something I said.......

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:37 pm

To the best of my knowledge, he'd never done make up before last year. I went two years ago, and he just had on jeans and a slightly designed jacket..and there's no set. They have to move stuff on and off for every group, so there's just a background that some use and some don't...mostly to display their name/images on the screen.

Last year, you could see the visible surprise on peoples' faces when he came out full-on ALICE...make up, attitude, everything.

And apparently, last year they added two songs into the setlist just minutes before the show. I mentioned to Brent Fitz that I was surprised to hear Dirty Diamonds and Lost in America...he said the band nearly was too! :evil: Alice asked a few minutes before they played if they wanted to add 2 songs in. And they all had hats on, which Damon said was Alice's idea...also just before showtime.

So...this year, with the ideas tossed about, I'm guessing he'll have make up on, but who knows. :alice:

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:10 pm

You lucky people. I wish I could attend one of these!

teenagefrankenstein666
Trash
Trash

Post by teenagefrankenstein666 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:10 pm

dang, I am going to assume NSP lives in WI cause thats where I will be when this is going on, would rather be at the Christmas Pudding though!

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:41 pm

I do indeed live in Wisconsin....and just bought apples at the supermarket from Richland Center! :laugh:

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:37 am

One of these times (sooner than later) I'm going to save up and go to a Puddin'.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

Gorehound
Blonde and Proud butler
Blonde and Proud butler

Post by Gorehound » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:43 pm

I wanted to go but just can't afford, hope you guys have a great time though!
Flesh fanatic psychopath

daytripper63
Dada God
Dada God

Post by daytripper63 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:32 pm

I know you guys will have a great time...
But just for the record....
HAVE A GREAT TIME :clap: :alice:

For being a brat, refusing to act your age !
http://www.myspace.com/daytripper63

sparkinthedark
DiS ViciOuS stalker
DiS ViciOuS stalker

Post by sparkinthedark » Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:36 am

For anyone who's around on Friday Dec. 12th, Runaway Phoenix are playing at Cooperstown. :clap:
aLL HeaRt
>---❤️--->

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:05 pm

Do you know what time? And you never responded to my comment on Maidens. What's the time we're shooting for to get to C-town?