Trashes the World

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

The Gorn
Trash
Trash

Trashes the World

Post by The Gorn » Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:25 am

How cool was it to see Alice bust out of the Trash Can on this tour? I became a fan when I was 13 in 1991. So all I can go on is the video footage. This video back then was my first experience seeing Alice. I watched the dvd again today and noticed that the garbage can didn't get picked up until after BDB. Did it get picked up that late every night?

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Re: Trashes the World

Post by Shoesalesman » Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:03 am

Not sure, but I loved that can. Great intro to the show.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

Railwayman
Killer
Killer

Post by Railwayman » Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:44 pm

Alice has had some great intros ... the cage in the Nightmare Returns was a classic.

daytripper63
Dada God
Dada God

Post by daytripper63 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:47 pm

I love watching "Alice Trashes The World"...But I didnt get to see the tour. :grin:

For being a brat, refusing to act your age !
http://www.myspace.com/daytripper63

Prince Alice
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Prince Alice » Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:55 pm

I haven't see all of that DVD but it has some of the best camera work Alice DVDs have ever seen...Yeah the Can was awesome! And who ever the guitarist was he rocked I like his solo! :rock:
All those who believe in telekinesis, raise my hand!..
check it out: www.uhfd.com

The Gorn
Trash
Trash

Post by The Gorn » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:02 am

I see from this site that two nights of footage made "Trashes the World" DVD. Did anyone from this forum attend either show?

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:53 am

[quote="Prince Alice"]I haven't see all of that DVD but it has some of the best camera work Alice DVDs have ever seen...Yeah the Can was awesome! And who ever the guitarist was he rocked I like his solo! :rock:[/quote]

al pitrelli-who now fronts the wildly successful xmas band trans-siberian orchestra.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:50 am

Prince Alice wrote:I haven't see all of that DVD but it has some of the best camera work Alice DVDs have ever seen...Yeah the Can was awesome! And who ever the guitarist was he rocked I like his solo! :rock:
Al Pitrelli on lead guitar was indeed fantastic on that tour, I actually caught one his plectrums on the recorded gig.

Al was recommened for the job by none over than Steve Vai who Alice called and said "I know you are taken, but who is the next best?".

I thought the lead guitarist that followed though was even better. Stef Burns for me the best lead player in the band since the days of Dick Wagner & Steve Hunter.

Check out his outro solo on Alice's version of Jimi Hendrix' 'Fire' not forgetting his awesome solos on Cooper classics 'Might As Well Be On Mars', 'Dangerous Tonight' and 'Cleansed By Fire' to name but three.

What a guitarist, who never gets talked about enough.
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:24 pm

Alice has had some great intros ... the cage in the Nightmare Returns was a classic.
That was THE BEST!! Especially if you din't know what was coming, because it was not what you expected. I don't think Alice will EVER top that intro!

Evan442
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Evan442 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:54 pm

steven_crayn wrote:
Prince Alice wrote:I haven't see all of that DVD but it has some of the best camera work Alice DVDs have ever seen...Yeah the Can was awesome! And who ever the guitarist was he rocked I like his solo! :rock:
Al Pitrelli on lead guitar was indeed fantastic on that tour, I actually caught one his plectrums on the recorded gig.

Al was recommened for the job by none over than Steve Vai who Alice called and said "I know you are taken, but who is the next best?".

I thought the lead guitarist that followed though was even better. Stef Burns for me the best lead player in the band since the days of Dick Wagner & Steve Hunter.

Check out his outro solo on Alice's version of Jimi Hendrix' 'Fire' not forgetting his awesome solos on Cooper classics 'Might As Well Be On Mars', 'Dangerous Tonight' and 'Cleansed By Fire' to name but three.

Stef! Glad to see you found the sickboard! Hope all is well

lol jk :p
myspace.com/himelnator
myspace.com/chopx3

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:46 pm

Evan442 wrote:
steven_crayn wrote:

Stef! Glad to see you found the sickboard! Hope all is well

lol jk :p
:evil: I wish, not many get to play guitar with the Coop and Stef Burns did so with distinction.
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

likeamonster
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by likeamonster » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:31 am

Trashes The World is a great DVD. I love all the songs on that concert especially Bed Of Nails and Spark In The Dark.
:alice: He's back :alice:
The man behind the mask
And he's out of control

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:31 pm

Spark In The Dark was one of the highlights for me, from the new material then.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:51 pm

listening to trash right now as a matter 'o fact!

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:00 pm

>I see from this site that two nights of footage made "Trashes the World" DVD. Did anyone from this forum attend either show?

I was at both performances.

Atlanta Santa
Trash
Trash

Post by Atlanta Santa » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:43 pm

I always liked the live version of 'bed of nails'!

I think there's a even better version on the japan edition of the FISTFUL-album but this DVD really captured the spirit of 80's-Alice with backround singers and stuff and that's fun to watch.
I got a job in atlanta in a mall playing santa

alienspice
Killer
Killer

Post by alienspice » Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:42 am

I've been gone too long....a 16 post thread about Trashes the World and no one mentioned the pants.
The pants that started it all, as a matter of fact.... :love:
you look like you'd fit in the trunk of my car

Swordandstone
Trash
Trash

Post by Swordandstone » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:00 pm

Great dvd. It''s been awhile since I last watched it. I love the opening! Nice pants too :laugh:

Keith1980
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Keith1980 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:42 am

I could swear that he droped an f bomb during spark in the dark i lost my vhs tape of it. I dont know if he did or not not i may have miss herd it.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:33 pm

Keith1980 wrote:I could swear that he droped an f bomb during spark in the dark i lost my vhs tape of it. I dont know if he did or not not i may have miss herd it.

Maybe you could ask Mr Barlow this is his favourite era.