Question about the Trash tour

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

sparkinthedark
DiS ViciOuS stalker
DiS ViciOuS stalker

Question about the Trash tour

Post by sparkinthedark » Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:41 pm

I was watching Trashes the World the other day and it got to the part where Alice is dragged off stage and you see him having his costume change and make up done before being pushed back out in front of the audience.

I was wondering how this worked on the tour (me having been the grand old age of six when the tour rolled around the UK and so not having been there, sadly). Did the audience see the nurse, etc getting the outfit on him and doing the make up (maybe on big screens) or was that part purely done for the benefit of the DVD and all the audience got was the band continuing to play until Alice came back on stage? Just wondering.
aLL HeaRt
>---❤️--->

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:46 pm

Good question!! I've wondered this myself! I was sorta thinking it was for DVD effect, but if the audience got to see any part of it...that'd be cool!
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

daytripper63
Dada God
Dada God

Post by daytripper63 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:41 pm

Nice Pictures Girls !

For being a brat, refusing to act your age !
http://www.myspace.com/daytripper63

damiennalice
Bouilliabase
Bouilliabase

Post by damiennalice » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:20 pm

I can almost answer that question,Sparky.

I was front row center for the show. I can tell you all I saw was the band continuing to play Steven. However,a friend was further back in the audience and told me after the show there was a video screen behind the drum set and it played the video of the transformation. I never saw that video or what it contained until Trashes The World came out. Hope that helps out :grin:

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:49 pm

Yes, a screen was showing the application of make-up and torture of Alice which was easily seen from further back like damiennalice mentioned. I was in row 13 and watched all of it. :grin:
Last edited by Shoesalesman on Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:52 pm

That's cool! :8):
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

sparkinthedark
DiS ViciOuS stalker
DiS ViciOuS stalker

Post by sparkinthedark » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:53 pm

Thanks guys! That completely answers my question. :)
aLL HeaRt
>---❤️--->

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:57 pm

I think I read that this was a pre-recorded bit (the same recording shown at every show) to give Alice more time to actually get his make-up on (?).

I may be wrong on this so don't take it as fact.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

sparkinthedark
DiS ViciOuS stalker
DiS ViciOuS stalker

Post by sparkinthedark » Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:00 am

Shoesalesman wrote:I think I read that this was a pre-recorded bit (the same recording shown at every show) to give Alice more time to actually get his make-up on (?).

I may be wrong on this so don't take it as fact.

I could easily believe that and see why it would be pre-recorded - wonder if anyone can clarify?
aLL HeaRt
>---❤️--->

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:30 am

It has to be pre-recorded. Look at some of the inconsistencies in the sequence of the film. If someone could get his make up with him shaking around and struggling and all so perfectly in 10 seconds, then they would just do it on stage I'd think.
Me = Winning

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:04 am

I seem to remember the screen at the shows I saw came down in front of the band to show the footage. Could be wrong, or it cold have depended on the venue.

Ravenred
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Ravenred » Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:23 am

This was my 1st Alice gig @ Wembley :clap: i was 15yrs old & my parents told me i'd look back when i was a "grown up" & wonder what i ever saw in Alice Cooper.......guess i'm still waiting to "grow up" :alice:
I wanna hurt you just to hear you screaming my name

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:58 am

>I seem to remember the screen at the shows I saw came down in front of the band to show the footage.

I think the screen was behind the band, with no lights on the band, so that all you could see was the screen.

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:30 am

I was at the front at the NEC Birmingham UK (where the official live concert video was shot), basically, he was dragged off stage by two male nurses (I think), the audience watched the footage that you see on the concert video on a big screen, where make-up and clothes are applied, then he gets pushed back onto stage. The transision between film and stage was smooth and it worked well, in fact you could almost believe that what was seen on the screen was going on backstage.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:58 pm

Gunner wrote:I was at the front at the NEC Birmingham UK (where the official live concert video was shot), basically, he was dragged off stage by two male nurses (I think), the audience watched the footage that you see on the concert video on a big screen, where make-up and clothes are applied, then he gets pushed back onto stage. The transision between film and stage was smooth and it worked well, in fact you could almost believe that what was seen on the screen was going on backstage.
I was at the front too and can confirm this is how they did it and that it worked just as well at the Whitley Bay & Wembley shows earlier.

I think the Whitley Bay show was one of the best performances I've seen Alice do, Steven that night was extra special.

Was anyone on here at the Belfast or Glasgow shows on that tour, how did they compare?

I have to admit the atmosphere when I saw Alice in Edinburgh on the first night of the UK leg of Raise Your Fist was even better than the English shows, the Scottish fans are really vocal.

Have we any fans on here that have seen Alice in Detroit, I can imagine that must be a great atmosphere?

I always think Manchester has a special atmosphere probably the best English shows.

All the Alice gigs are great, but some audiences are even more passionate than others.
In the UK it seems to be the further North you go the better the atmosphere.
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

sparkinthedark
DiS ViciOuS stalker
DiS ViciOuS stalker

Post by sparkinthedark » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:19 pm

Personally I thought Manchester was among the worst shows of the last full UK tour. But that said, it could have been to do with the venue as the Sheffield City Hall show in 2006 was one of the best I've ever been to.

I have a soft spot for Brighton which I think always has a good crowd - maybe I'm baised because I'm a Southerner. :) Though of course, i did defect to the North a few years ago...

Never experienced a Scotland show - maybe next time round!
aLL HeaRt
>---❤️--->

mac_534
Trash
Trash

Post by mac_534 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:00 pm

This was my first ever concert in Belfast when I was just turned 17, I was at the front and there was no screen that I could see, the band just carried on playing. Was a long time ago though...!
Got a synthetic face, got some scars and a brace...

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:06 am

speaking of the tour,anyone know what became of the back up singer,devon meade? heard she got into acting possibly??