Shockrock-comparing Alice to Kiss

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

DaveJay
Killer
Killer

Post by DaveJay » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:33 am

I agree about with no "Product" during 1976-77 by Coop, the door was left open for Kiss to enter the "Mainstream"..., but they were doing pretty well on his shirt-tails anyway by then ( ...I read a Quote somewhere, can't remember which Kiss member supposedly said it...about "Imagine what a band with 4 "Alice Coopers" would be like...".
I have saw kiss, in 1980, and their stage "show" was, admittedly Magnificent...they got the crowd rockin' pretty good too....I had a few of their albums during the 1970's, but Don't really regard them as Musical pioneers... a few decent tracks ( but so have The Rubettes....).
Alice always ( even without the "Theatrics") puts on a Blinder of a show, and , Obviously, because I am a Long time fan, still means more to me than most bands/artists....ACAS is a Great album, in my opinion ( ...not one of his best...but that opinion changes with me almost everyday about some AC albums....I still play "Pretties for you" every now and again....).

Kiss followed, Alice Led......'Nuff said.
(...and don't even get me STARTED on W.A.S.P.....!!! :)
bezzies,
Dave
Billion Dollar Boobles!!!

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:31 pm

The only reason WTMN was such a big success was because;

a) The show promised to be bigger and better than ever and something nobody had ever seen before.
b) He was riding on the back of a phenomenal period with ACG.
c) The concept album and TV show was a new and novel idea really.

The music itself wasn't really what the kids wanted. 75-78 Alice decided to get mellow really when the kids wants things harder and heavier! This did leave the door wide open for KISS even if it was a dumbed down attempt...I guess the excitement was there...I'll give them that. I went to see them in 1980 because of others really and it was pretty crass I have to say, very childish and musically very basic.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:54 pm

Gunner wrote:The only reason WTMN was such a big success was because;

a) The show promised to be bigger and better than ever and something nobody had ever seen before.
b) He was riding on the back of a phenomenal period with ACG.
c) The concept album and TV show was a new and novel idea really.

The music itself wasn't really what the kids wanted. 75-78 Alice decided to get mellow really when the kids wants things harder and heavier! This did leave the door wide open for KISS even if it was a dumbed down attempt...I guess the excitement was there...I'll give them that. I went to see them in 1980 because of others really and it was pretty crass I have to say, very childish and musically very basic.
It was also a great album
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV