What Alice albums Are You Missing From Your Collection?

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:29 am

alienspice wrote:I'm "missing" Constictor and Raise Your Fist and Yell.....but I don't really miss them at all. ;)
I'm a little surprised that you're not a bigger fan of Constrictor, AlienSpice. I figured that sexier songs like "Crawlin" and "Trick Bag" would be right up your alley! Besides the pants are pretty cool on Constrictor...... :laugh:
Last edited by glamprincess on Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

mattcoddington
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mattcoddington » Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:37 am

whose scrawny legs are on the back of that lp?

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:38 am

Wait......which pants are those? I don't have the CD in front of me right now, but isn't it just his face/the snake on the front? And on the back, it's Renfield's legs...so not technically Alice's pants.

But yeah...I'd have pegged AlienSpice as likely being a fan of constrictor as well.......I suddenly fell like listening to it myself. And yes! I even like "Thrill My Gorilla." :evil:
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:53 am

mattcoddington wrote:whose scrawny legs are on the back of that lp?
Yes, I think Brian did mention they were his legs....but there's a running joke on SickthingsUK with AlienSpice and Alice's pants so I was just having fun.
(I went back and did an edit though, thanks)
Last edited by glamprincess on Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:55 am

NotSoPerfect wrote:Wait......which pants are those? I don't have the CD in front of me right now, but isn't it just his face/the snake on the front? And on the back, it's Renfield's legs...so not technically Alice's pants.

But yeah...I'd have pegged AlienSpice as likely being a fan of constrictor as well.......I suddenly fell like listening to it myself. And yes! I even like "Thrill My Gorilla." :evil:
You are correct about Renfield's legs on Constrictor. See my response to Matt.
I like "Thrill My Gorilla" too! Any song about the jungle is okay by me! :clap:

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:04 am

Me = Winning

Gorehound
Blonde and Proud butler
Blonde and Proud butler

Post by Gorehound » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:22 pm

I have all the studio albums on cd. I'm still missing The Alice Cooper Show and I haven't bothered with any compilation albums, except for Life And Crimes of course for the demos and stuff.
Flesh fanatic psychopath

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:42 pm

If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

mattcoddington
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mattcoddington » Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:52 pm

NotSoPerfect wrote: And on the back, it's Renfield's legs...so not technically Alice's pants.
huh??? those were alice's pants. doesn't really matter who was wearing them, but those were his! and now they're mine.

coopella
Trash
Trash

Post by coopella » Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:08 pm

what??? i hate you.

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:31 pm

AussieAdelaideAliceFan
Trash
Trash

Post by AussieAdelaideAliceFan » Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:41 am

Maurice wrote:
AussieAdelaideAliceFan wrote:I have every official release on cd- casette and vinyl- VHS and DVD.. Only missing a few 8 tracks .... Started seriously collecting back in '89 - there were a lot of music stores and 2nd hand music stores here in Australia- I cleaned them all out- got the classick 70's on vinyl with original posters- calendars-underwear (Schhols Out) for no more than Aust $5.....! The good ol' days...

:alice:
Strewth! What a haul mate! ;)

Thanx.. Back in those days in the early- mid/late 90's.. there was no "set $ value" in the 2nd hand shop market .. I took advantage and pretty much spent a few weeks pay checks on Alice merchandise in 1 hit..
I find it interesting how "Dirty Diamonds" was not released on vinyl yet The Eyes Of... was...
Realeyes Realise RealLies

Maurice
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Maurice » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:31 am

AussieAdelaideAliceFan wrote:
Thanx.. Back in those days in the early- mid/late 90's.. there was no "set $ value" in the 2nd hand shop market .. I took advantage and pretty much spent a few weeks pay checks on Alice merchandise in 1 hit..
I find it interesting how "Dirty Diamonds" was not released on vinyl yet The Eyes Of... was...
No worries mate - you did good! . Proof - if proof is needed - that, wether you are buying stuff like this, or selling stuff like this, timing is everything.

And what a tactful way of making your point about DD! Nice! ;)
When life becomes more real than children's games
Or we've become too old to play them
My God.

aliceclone12
Killer
Killer

Post by aliceclone12 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:37 am

i have all the studio and live albums and live dvd's, i have the boxset loads of lp's/ep's/singles,
and platinum god
in my own way (2c edition)
halo of ice
billion dollar baies: complete battle axe
keeping the vibe alive

alice cooper live at wembley 2007 boot dvd
alice cooper live at hammersmith (?) 2003 boot dvd
alice cooper and friends vhs and boot dvd

and my version of brutal planet is the australian version i think, with can't sleep clowns will eat me as an extra track

thats most of my collection on music, its sounds more than it really is, oh and i have a signed poster
flyers, newspaper advertisements and articles etc.

and thats it as i said it sounds more than it is...

so i think i'm missing not much
The words I speak are true, we're all humanary stew, if we don't pledge allegiance to, AC12

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:52 pm

I bought everything by Alice on vinyl until 'The Last Temptation', when from then on it is CDs as vinyl was being fazed out rather rapidly. As a result of that, I have endeavoured to have the collection on CD but never got around to getting Special Forces, PFY, EA, MOL, L&W and The AC show.....not sure why, prob coz I had those all on pre-recorded cassette, but I think it was because I was waiting for this remastered WB years collection on CD that never happened (what happended to that????). Now I have almost every released track by Alice in digital computer file format...I think that will do, I'm not the mad enthusiast anymore.

MarkAllen24
Trash
Trash

Post by MarkAllen24 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:44 pm

been a fan ever since I heard "He's Back" in some horror movie back in the 80's ... and now 20-whatever years later I'm still missing these studio albums;

1. Dada
2. Zipper Catches Skin
3. Special Forces
4. Lace And Whiskey
5. Muscle Of Love

and "The Alice Cooper Show" ... one of these days, I'll shell out for all of'em ! That's what I keep telling myself anyway :/

unafraid
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by unafraid » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:14 pm

Only missing Life and crimes and the various useless greatest hits that don't feature new songs or alternate versions of previously released songs. I got the japanese version of Trash (2 bonus tracks), Fistful (3 bonus tracks) and Brutal planet (1 bonus track). I'll probably replace my copy of Hey stoopid to get the Japanese one with It rained all night. Not getting the Japanase version of Last temptation since I already got all the live tracks from cd 2 on the Live in NY bootleg. I also have the Alice goes to Chile cd.
You got the picnic, I got the ants.

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:33 am

FINALLY picked up a decent copy of Killer in Calgary at Hot Wax. Been waiting a while on this one.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

damiennalice
Bouilliabase
Bouilliabase

Post by damiennalice » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:28 am

For those missing albums (not cds but ALBUMS ) for the complete Alice expierence, I have made it a small tradition for me to be a somewhat Secret Santa over the years here. Christmas is nearing and I'd like to continue my tradition here at STUK. Since this thread has been reserected I will be monitoring and possibly granting a wish for someone to add some Alice vinyl to their collection. Stay tuned .... :tree:

Guilty
Killer
Killer

Post by Guilty » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:25 am

go forth from this place and get thyselvs to eBay!
i'm guilty an i think i've been framed anyway