Alice and a sword

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Alice and a sword

Post by kevinuk81 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:31 pm

I am sure i read somewhere about Alice having an accident with a sword :/ any help, please?
Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.

nimsowner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by nimsowner » Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:33 pm

He mentioned it in Golf Monster I believe. And I've seen him talk about it elsewhere. I look in GM real quick and see if I can find it.

Page 88 in Golf Monster.
Last edited by nimsowner on Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PLEASE, save me from this sick man!

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:33 pm

Yes, during the early 80s, Alice put his sword through his leg by mistake while he was onstage.
OUCH!! :(

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Post by kevinuk81 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:44 pm

OK, thanks, so the problem now is, my GM book is somewhere in storage, can i find it anywhere on this site, have looked but not found it yet.
Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.

nimsowner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by nimsowner » Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:56 pm

I found this:

http://www.sickthingsuk.co.uk/interview ... aug_05.php

STUK: Do you remember the show during the 'Special Forces' tour when Alice stabbed his sword through his leg?

Erik Scott: Sure do. In France, Paris I think. At the end of "Go to Hell" Alice holds the sword high above his head, and as the last chord is slammed shut, he throws the sword into the stage at his feet. The lights fade to black, with one pin spotlight on the waving sword on the otherwise blackened stage...cool visual. Except this time I guess he was slightly off-target and slams the sword into his boot-clad leg just above the ankle....ooops. I understand it didn't want to pull out either. But the rapier was finally yanked from its unintended target, and the show goes on.

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Post by kevinuk81 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:28 am

Thanks nimsowner, i was actually looking in the early to mid 70's.

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:21 pm

kevinuk81 wrote:Thanks nimsowner, i was actually looking in the early to mid 70's.
Did you not see my post answering your question? :/

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Post by kevinuk81 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:58 pm

I did glamprincess, i was replying to nimsowner that that was where i was looking originally, no slight against you at all.

hywel
Killer
Killer

Post by hywel » Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:59 pm

nimsowner wrote:I found this:

http://www.sickthingsuk.co.uk/interview ... aug_05.php

STUK: Do you remember the show during the 'Special Forces' tour when Alice stabbed his sword through his leg?

Erik Scott: Sure do. In France, Paris I think. At the end of "Go to Hell" Alice holds the sword high above his head, and as the last chord is slammed shut, he throws the sword into the stage at his feet. The lights fade to black, with one pin spotlight on the waving sword on the otherwise blackened stage...cool visual. Except this time I guess he was slightly off-target and slams the sword into his boot-clad leg just above the ankle....ooops. I understand it didn't want to pull out either. But the rapier was finally yanked from its unintended target, and the show goes on.
i bet alices insurance company was happy about this.
let's play twister, let's play risk, yeah, yeah, yeah. yeah.hywel04@hotmail.com

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:56 pm

So they pulled the sword out and just continued the show? I somehow doubt that.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

sparkinthedark
DiS ViciOuS stalker
DiS ViciOuS stalker

Post by sparkinthedark » Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:55 pm

In Golf Monster (page 88 as Nims says) Alice states that the sword went through his thigh rather than near the ankle as in the quote above but of course as none of us were there, we can't know for sure.

In GM Alice says that he didn't really register it at the time due to the andrenaline pumping (and he also adds that as it happened during his drinking days he was likely anesthetised anyway) and that the show did carry on, but the next day he could hardly walk.

I've also heard him recount this tale in a couple of TV interviews (none of which I can currently remember the name of, sorry!)
aLL HeaRt
>---❤️--->

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:23 pm

Ouch, still it's kind of cool to have a sword scar... :)
I used to have a small one from when I tripped over a crate full of old swords while I was working in a museum, but it's mostly gone now.

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:56 pm

lemme ask ya -did you continue to work as well??? I would be curled in the fetal position!!! I am not too proud to admit that!!!!
this alice dude is a tough s.o.b. breakin' ribs,putting swords in his leg,performing with asthma-not to mention the normal executions he endures!!! :alice: :alice:

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:08 pm

Ah ok... and to think I've read Golf Monster..... I'll have to read it again as I didn't remember the details.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:50 am

Well, thankfully I didn't land _in_ the crate, and it was just a scratch. I didn't even notice until I felt the stickiness of blood. If I had done what Alice did I sure would have rushed to the nearest pharmacist, or hospital depending on how bad it was.

But if you think about it, Alice must have a great resistance to pain. Remember the story of his belly scar? He prefed to endure the pain rather than face a doctor. That almost killed him, but he's still here.

hywel
Killer
Killer

Post by hywel » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:30 am

[quote="sparkinthedark"]In Golf Monster (page 88 as Nims says) Alice states that the sword went through his thigh

well he is lucky because at that time there wasnt much of him, he was skin and bone.

nimsowner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by nimsowner » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:40 am

Also later in Golf Monster Alice talks about a time when a whip caught his sword and slung it out into the audience. He's lucky no one got injured by that.

Malchik
Killer
Killer

Post by Malchik » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:27 am

Wasn't that recently?

hywel
Killer
Killer

Post by hywel » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:17 pm

nimsowner wrote:Also later in Golf Monster Alice talks about a time when a whip caught his sword and slung it out into the audience. He's lucky no one got injured by that.
thats a new one to me. never heard that one before.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:28 pm

That was last year wasn't it? Big news story. Someone returned the sword after a lot of publicity and got a meet and greet. Was all covered on the news page when it happened.