Good Reality Show Vs. Bad Reality Show

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:43 pm

Headbangers Ball wrote: There would be too much golf for some and probably a sprinkling of religion that wouldn't sit too well with some of his rock fans.
I agree. I don't think a reality show with Alice playing golf and going to church would be a good idea. But I think WickedYoungMan's idea of a reality show with Alice "on the road" in his tour bus could be interesting and it could portray him in a light that would be good for his rocker image.

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:46 pm

Gunner wrote:I've not seen any of the Gene Simmons reality show, but I take people's word for it that it is good TV and that Gene and his family come out of it well.

The Osbournes was a massive success because they are/were a very wealthy dysfunctional family. However, I think it pretty much destroyed his musical career, NOT for the fact that he could not longer be seen as 'The Prince Of Darkness' (He never was of course!!) or that there was any mystique surrounding him as such, BUT that he could be seen as a rather pathetic, simple hen pecked little fat man and not the rock 'n roll rebel loon that he actually was and still is underneath all that.

I think 'Alice reality' would work, the mystique and myth surrounding Alice went many years ago, he has appeared on nearly every mainstream TV chat show you can think of, plays golf, goes to Church (works in the nursery/crèche and sings in the choir), owns restaurants etc etc. However, I think it should be an 'Alice on tour' reality show, I think that would interest people a lot as he has to get psyched up for the character, avoid drink, drugs, women and he has 40 years of experience. Alice at home I think would be quite boring for people, I get the impression that they are a very 'normal' family.

I agree with GlamPrincess too, I think it would raise his profile and be very good exposure! Alice is notoriously a very witty, charming and a very good person. There are still millions that don’t know that.
Good post, Gunner.

Headbangers Ball
Yorkshire Rose
Yorkshire Rose

Post by Headbangers Ball » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:27 pm

glamprincess wrote:
Headbangers Ball wrote: There would be too much golf for some and probably a sprinkling of religion that wouldn't sit too well with some of his rock fans.
I agree. I don't think a reality show with Alice playing golf and going to church would be a good idea. But I think WickedYoungMan's idea of a reality show with Alice "on the road" in his tour bus could be interesting and it could portray him in a light that would be good for his rocker image.
I think the 'tour bus' idea would be hugely interesting - to a mass audience, and not just Alice fans.

I did see an interview on TV a few years ago with Alice actually on the tour bus. He was showing the interviewer around the bus; where they slept, played cards, etc. One funny thing he did mention was that if anyone happened to pass the bathroom, they were likely to get his dirty underwear thrown at them!

The really (I think) entertaining aspect of Alice is his very witty humour, but also the fact that his feet really are permanently on the ground, and he doesn't live in 'Cloud Cuckoo' land.

Everyone can relate (and warm) to that kind of person.
IF YOU GET UP IN THE MORNING, ITS A GOOD DAY!