Eric Singer on "Family Jewels"

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Eric Singer on "Family Jewels"

Post by NotSoPerfect » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:12 am

So, I'm watching "Gene Simmons' Family Jewels" at the moment....its a repeat, but first time I've seen it.

Gene just had a competition between himself and his son. They both had friends over to the house to compete against each other on Rock Band. Gene's team? Eric Singer and Tommy Thayer.

And no....Gene's team didn't win. :laugh:
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

runarh73
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by runarh73 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:24 am

i think he was on the show more than once..

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:57 pm

Wasn't Kyler on the show too, playing bass in Nick's band? I remember reading that somewhere.

I wonder if any footage of the Edmonton Grand Prix will surface on the show. Gene was Grand Marshall of events a few weeks ago, for the entire duration of the races. They interviewed him about the fans; he said he'd be mingling around with everyone, just casual like, come say hi. Feedback was he did a good job.

It would be interesting to hear or see some local flavor on the Jewels. :HEART:
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:13 pm

Runarh, I would definitely not be surprised if Eric has been on the show more than once.

And Shoey, I do recall seeing a picture of Kyler and Gene somewhere, so that wouldn't surprise me either.

I hope the Edmonton footage does show up for ya! I did see another episode one time where he was doing a Grand Prix event, so I bet it will pop up again! :)

Baz
Gaye Blade
Gaye Blade

Post by Baz » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:08 am

When Tommy joined Kiss, the children over at Kissonline wanted suggestions for a nickname for him.

I suggested Tommy `The Slayer` Thayer.

I think the most popular name suggested was `Tom`.

:/ I wonder why I stopped going there.
I`m one of the `Over 50`s `.

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:36 pm

I think "Family Jewels" has been much better for Gene Simmons' family than "The Osbournes" was for Ozzy's family. Gene has actually come off as more likable than I thought he would. His girlfriend Shannon Tweed comes off extremely well and much classier than Sharon Osbourne. And Gene's kids come off as funny, smart, likable and much better than Ozzy's kids did. I know Alice has always said he didn't want to do a reality show and he always used Ozzy's show as a reason for not doing it. But I think Gene's show has been good exposure and Gene's family has come off pretty well, actually. So I'm not sure that I agree that Alice shouldn't consider doing a reality show.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:41 pm

I think Gene's show has been really good. Very funny at times.
Loved the one where they flooded his office and had to go and replacement Kiss merchandise from fans before he go home. Hysterical.

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:20 pm

I agree that it's much better than I thought it would be, and better than the Osbournes. I think I only ever watched one full episode of the Osbournes. Didn't really like it. Family Jewels I always forget is on, and then catch randomly when I stumble upon repeats...and I like it. I agree with your assessment of how the family comes across, glamprincess. Seems like quite a fun and stable household!

And I love those "real life" moments where it shows he's not always a rock star.....the one show where he was putting on his make up and KISS outfit to make sure it fit for the VH1 Rock Honors show...and they show the dog watching him put on make up, and as he's about to try something with fire in the driveway, Shannon goes...."Wait! Wait! Let me get the fire extinguisher first....we don't want to repeat what happened last time!" :rotfl:

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:35 pm

The only show I didn't like was the one where Gene brought Nick around to "promote and introduce him" around town and he was telling folks to "pretend to like his son". Nick called him on it in one spot in the episode, telling him to stop saying that.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:01 pm

Si wrote:I think Gene's show has been really good. Very funny at times.
Loved the one where they flooded his office and had to go and replacement Kiss merchandise from fans before he go home. Hysterical.
I totally agree. That's why I don't think "The Osbournes" should be the sole criteria concerning decisions to do a reality tv show. "Family Jewels" has proven that a reality show of a rock star's family life can be well done and well received if done right.

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:07 pm

NotSoPerfect wrote:I agree that it's much better than I thought it would be, and better than the Osbournes. I think I only ever watched one full episode of the Osbournes. Didn't really like it. Family Jewels I always forget is on, and then catch randomly when I stumble upon repeats...and I like it. I agree with your assessment of how the family comes across, glamprincess. Seems like quite a fun and stable household!
Exactly. I can understand why a rock star would be hesitant to try a reality tv show after "The Osbournes". But Gene's entire family comes across very well in "Family Jewels" and the show is entertaining and funny. And the show is very good exposure. So a reality tv show can possibly be beneficial....which leads to my next thread...

Baz
Gaye Blade
Gaye Blade

Post by Baz » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:12 pm

I must admit that i`ve stayed well clear of this programme, the thought of a reality show about someone who has the ego the size of Everest didn`t interest me at all.

After reading the comments posted here, I may have to give it a try.
I`m one of the `Over 50`s `.