Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:16 am

> your fantastic fanzines in 1984,

You’re far too kind.

>I think only 4 from his top row can be still there (alot less than half)

You don’t seem to understand what this is about. The adult human has approximately sixteen teeth in each jaw. That’s thirty – two teeth, so the fact that you can only see four in the top jaw does not mean he has sixteen teeth missing. You’re EXAGGERATING.

>but seriously capped, and as for the bottom row? Well, I would say they are false to match.

As I already said yesterday, that’s not what you said before. You said that in the footage, you can see that half of his teeth are missing. Now you are saying the other teeth are false. Those are two different statements. I never denied he has had work done, but the footage you referred to (including the screen grab which you kindly provided) does not show that half of his teeth are missing. You can’t see the rest of his teeth in the upper jaw because his cheeks are in the way, so you don’t know what was going on back there and you ALSO can’t see ALL his teeth in the bottom row. Unless you can say the footage shows approximately sixteen teeth are missing, what you said was an exaggeration. You’re the one who said that half were missing, but now you’re saying that the others have had work done on them and again, that’s two different statements.

Jumping Jack
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Jumping Jack » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:26 am

So how do his golf balls get so much bite on the greens?
Caffeine! Caffeine!
Amphetamine
A little speed is all I need
Caffeine! Caffeine!

hywel
Killer
Killer

Post by hywel » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:01 am

Jumping Jack wrote:So how do his golf balls get so much bite on the greens?

chop, chop, chop,

molars of destruction,

chop, chop, chop,

the perfect chewing machine,

chop, chop, chop,

it's their normal days function,

chop, chop, chop,

thats's why i keep em so clean,

chop, chop, chop!
let's play twister, let's play risk, yeah, yeah, yeah. yeah.hywel04@hotmail.com

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:46 am

A_MichaelUK wrote:> your fantastic fanzines in 1984,

You’re far too kind.

>I think only 4 from his top row can be still there (alot less than half)

You don’t seem to understand what this is about. The adult human has approximately sixteen teeth in each jaw. That’s thirty – two teeth, so the fact that you can only see four in the top jaw does not mean he has sixteen teeth missing. You’re EXAGGERATING.

>but seriously capped, and as for the bottom row? Well, I would say they are false to match.

As I already said yesterday, that’s not what you said before. You said that in the footage, you can see that half of his teeth are missing. Now you are saying the other teeth are false. Those are two different statements. I never denied he has had work done, but the footage you referred to (including the screen grab which you kindly provided) does not show that half of his teeth are missing. You can’t see the rest of his teeth in the upper jaw because his cheeks are in the way, so you don’t know what was going on back there and you ALSO can’t see ALL his teeth in the bottom row. Unless you can say the footage shows approximately sixteen teeth are missing, what you said was an exaggeration. You’re the one who said that half were missing, but now you’re saying that the others have had work done on them and again, that’s two different statements.
Blimey, is there such a thing as male PMT?

Anyone that looks at Alice's teeth now and in the 1970s can clearly see that they have been replaced basically, there's not much more to it than that.

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:21 pm

Gunner wrote: Blimey, is there such a thing as male PMT?

Anyone that looks at Alice's teeth now and in the 1970s can clearly see that they have been replaced basically, there's not much more to it than that.
Not that I want to continue this discussion about Alice's teeth.....but maybe to help put this to rest.... I also saw the footage of Alice during the early 80s (Portrait of a Legend, Tom Snyder show, etc.) and I do agree that it looked as if one or maybe two teeth were missing. But one cannot really see if more teeth than that were missing so saying that half of Alice's teeth were missing is an exaggeration.

And I don't know if the British use different expressions in this case, but I thought it was called PMS (Pre-Menstrual Syndrome), not PMT.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:39 pm

Is it really worth arguing about?
::((:

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:20 pm

>Anyone that looks at Alice's teeth now and in the 1970s can clearly see that they have been replaced basically, there's not much more to it than that.

That’s the third time you’ve tried to change the subject from the one you started with, which is that the footage shows that “half” of his teeth are missing, to the idea that some may have been replaced. Again, those are two different subjects.
Last edited by A_MichaelUK on Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:24 pm

> Is it really worth arguing about?

I think in this instance it is, in so far as someone who has not seen the footage, but who may be reading the thread, may believe that what Gunner is saying is true (when it isn't). I think the footage shows that what Gunner says may be true, but it doesn't do so for certain.

elwoodpdowd
Trash
Trash

Post by elwoodpdowd » Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:42 pm

glamprincess wrote:
And I don't know if the British use different expressions in this case, but I thought it was called PMS (Pre-Menstrual Syndrome), not PMT.
It's known as Pre-Menstrual Tension because of the atmosphere that's generated by it. :bam:
I'm late, I'm late for a very important date! :rotfl:

Voodoo Revolution
Killer
Killer

Post by Voodoo Revolution » Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:48 pm

Anyone got a remedy for a bad molar?

daytripper63
Dada God
Dada God

Post by daytripper63 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:42 pm

Voodoo Revolution wrote:Anyone got a remedy for a bad molar?
Good show VR :rotfl:

For being a brat, refusing to act your age !
http://www.myspace.com/daytripper63

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Post by kevinuk81 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:17 pm

So could this be called Unfinished Topic?
Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:56 pm

It's good to see the SickthingsUK Health Department is alive and kicking.
For a man whose wife has gone through such a thing, PMT is adequate... Post Menstrual TRAUMA.
Me = Winning

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:01 pm

WickedYoungMan wrote:It's good to see the SickthingsUK Health Department is alive and kicking.
....wait 'til the SickthingsUK Tax Department gets here....

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:04 pm

*starts scrambling for receipts*
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:56 pm

NotSoPerfect wrote:*starts scrambling for receipts*
:rotfl: :rotfl:

Jumping Jack
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Jumping Jack » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:00 am

Coop did fuss quite a bit on his radio show about having work done on his gums before leaving for Europe.
Caffeine! Caffeine!
Amphetamine
A little speed is all I need
Caffeine! Caffeine!

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:53 am

The original question was whether Coop was wearing 'falsies' in the 80's or his real teeth prior to getting fixed. I mentioned that if you watch 'Portrait of a Legend - 'Alice Cooper' on YouTube, you can clearly see that he has only 4 top teeth and the bottom looked 'dodgy'. Yes, I did say 'half his teeth' were missing (and really it is a figure of speech), however if you need to be pedantic and want to assume a complete bottom row then I am merely 4 out........I am truly sorry about this miscalculation and misinforming people so. Fact of matter is, in answer to the original question (which nobody else seemed to have); YES, he MUST have at least 12 false teeth and the rest capped and polished and whitened beyond recognition.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:26 pm

> Yes, I did say 'half his teeth' were missing (and really it is a figure of speech),

Not to someone who doesn't know any better and who may not have seen the footage.

> if you need to be pedantic

It's about being accurate.

> and want to assume a complete bottom row then I am merely 4 out........

That's kind of my point. In your original post, you didn't mention the bottom row. You just said that "half of his teeth were missing", as if you were including all of them, but now, you accept that it might only an eighth of the teeth which are missing.

>I am truly sorry about this miscalculation and misinforming people so.

Apology accepted.

> Fact of matter is, in answer to the original question (which nobody else seemed to have); YES, he MUST have at least 12 false teeth and the rest capped and polished and whitened beyond recognition.

But it ISN'T a "fact" according to the footage, though. You can only see that approximately four teeth are missing, which you just agreed to. In your very first post, you said "Unless, he's had the front six or so capped and the rest replaced." Now you say "YES, he MUST have at least 12 false teeth and the rest capped", but you just accepted that you are "merely 4 out", so if there is "a complete bottom row", there can only be four false teeth (according to the footage). You've gone from sixteen false teeth, to eight (top row only) to four (see above), now to twelve for some reason! The truth is that you don't know for certain (unless you have information that we don't) which teeth have been replaced and which teeth have been merely improved. Like I said before, what you say may well be true, but it's not obvious from the footage you referred to.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:32 pm

:smack: